Text Messages

calvran

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the deal with girls and text messages? I know none of my guy friends would dare use them, because they would be beaten up for being flamboyantly gay. But why do girls love text messages so much? If they want text messages, why do they give me their number and not their screen name?

On the upside, I think I've actually had to look up the number for each of the two girls on my list now once, the rest of the time has been "answer call" and "reply" so I really shouldn't be complaining, but I just fail to understand the appeal, or maybe I'm just jaded because they cost me 10c each to send. Even after we've talked on the phone, they still keep sending the bloody messages!

Pointless rant, I'm sorry, but I'd really love to know :)

jroc

Don Juan
Reaction score

Man, it's just a fun thing. I mean, when utilizing text messaging, it seems like you are talking along time, as if talking directly on the phone, it's not like you're talking along time. They long talking. Well, I use to use text messages, and text like 5 girls every 4 seconds, they loved that ****, it was fun to me too. but it wasn't fun when my bill came out to be $257.38 plus tax. and My mom pay my bill. I got the '' If that bill is high again, the phone is going off '' screems. and from that day, i haven't used it since. well not that much i'll use like 100, since i get 100 free. but after that none. but then my girl wants to call my cell, and burn the hell out my minutes. so it has it's up's and downs.

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I sometimes use texts when it's too loud to hear, too quiet to talk, or I am low on my minutes... (don't have a lot of daytime minutes to waste). This one guy I dated a long time ago used to text me all the time, at first it was funny, but then it got sooooooo annoying! Sometimes its okay, it's kind of a like a little PS... or a little electronic post-it... don't have to have a whole conversation just drop the message and its done... no small talk. But definitely must be used in moderation!!

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sexy_Malibu
I sometimes use texts when it's too loud to hear, too quiet to talk, or I am low on my minutes... (don't have a lot of daytime minutes to waste). This one guy I dated a long time ago used to text me all the time, at first it was funny, but then it got sooooooo annoying! Sometimes its okay, it's kind of a like a little PS... or a little electronic post-it... don't have to have a whole conversation just drop the message and its done... no small talk. But definitely must be used in moderation!!
jus use it if there isnt a place to talk or you jus dont feel like callin

a lot of info i get on parties open houses etc. are through txt b/c it takes too long to call everyone

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by drixsa
jus use it if there isnt a place to talk or you jus dont feel like callin

a lot of info i get on parties open houses etc. are through txt b/c it takes too long to call everyone
yeah that's true. i love that you can text a ton of people all at once.

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How are they gay?? How do you see it as only for girls to use?? I use em in class when im bored or i get distracted, which happens a lot.