Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Text Game for the 2010s

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I decided to write this after googling "text game" and finding a lot of really awful advice out there. It seems as if the authors of these articles just imagined what might work in their heads and then came up with a rationale to explain it all later. The only one I'd strongly recommend is Roosh's guide to texting.

These days, I find absolutely no incentive for calling rather than texting. For starters, most girls 18-24 simply DON'T return phone calls from random men. Returning a phone call is actually a pretty big compliance test to ask from a girl you just met. A text, on the other hand, will usually get you a response- even if she isn't all that interested. It's "safer" for her, because she can choose to stop responding at any time.

The problem with most of the "text game" guides on the internet is that they treat texts as reminder notices that essentially scream, "Hey! I'm still interested in you! Please think about me!" The old model was to text a girl some kind of flirty communication EVERY DAY, in order to "weave her into your life."

This is WRONG.

A few pickup guys made the disclaimer that, of course, they meant that you should send "non needy" texts. The reality is, if you are texting a girl every day (or nearly every day), you are coming across as needy NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY. The act of paying her attention is enough to make her interest level drop.

So, how do you "game" via text? You do the opposite.

Proper "text game" is actually "anti-text game," where you ignore a girl in order to stir up a little anxiety and get her thinking about you.
I'm sure you know how it feels to have a text ignored by a girl, or have a girl suddenly disappear on you. Imagine those feelings amplified, and you have their effect on a girl's interest level.

Because of the current culture, it is no longer enough to be a cool guy, or to have a great first date. You are not just in competition with every guy that is trying to game her, but- thanks to Facebook and other forms of social media- guys that she is TRYING to get to game her. Young women can afford to be more selective and "branch swing" easier than ever before, and the ONLY way to come out ahead of the pack is to trigger her emotions by stirring up feelings of insecurity, desire, jealousy, and other strong human motivators. Push/ pull is the essence of game.

So, how do we achieve this? I have some guidelines, and 10 is a nice, round number:

10 RULES FOR TEXTING

1) DO NOT TEXT A GIRL THE NIGHT YOU MEET HER, OR THE NEXT MORNING.

You may think you're being cute, but it comes off as needy. If it's the same night, she'll show her friends and have a chuckle. If it's the next morning, she'll experience buyer's remorse.

2) TEXT HER 2-3 DAYS AFTER YOU LAST SAW HER, AND USE A SMALL BIT OF CALLBACK HUMOR TO BREAK THE ICE.

Make sure to end with your name (e.g. -Jeff) so that she doesn't have to type, "who is this?" and kill the momentum. Use this text to gauge her receptiveness. If she types a lot back or asks you a question, it's a good sign.

3) ONCE YOU ARE ASSURED OF A BIT OF RAPPORT, MAKE PLANS TO DO SOMETHING SIMPLE IN 2-3 DAYS. DON'T RUN "MATERIAL" VIA TEXT

Say something like, "You seem pretty cool, want to meet for a drink/ coffee later this week? Wednesday or Thursday night works for me." If she accepts, tell her you'll text her on the day of the meet. If she says, "can I get back to you on that?" make her feel discomfort by not responding until the next day. When a girl says, "I'll let you know," she actually means, "I won't let you know."

4) SHUT UP UNTIL THE DAY OF THE DATE.

You have a life. Be busy. Don't oversell- this is one of the reasons girls flake and cancel last minute. Wait until 4-5 hours before the date and say, "just finishing up ___, I'll see you at ___."

5) REGARDLESS OF HOW YOUR FIRST DATE GOES, DON'T TEXT HER THE NEXT DAY

Again, most guys do this after a great date and it makes a girl's interest level plummet. Give her time to reflect and wonder if you actually liked her, or if you were just pretending- even if you slept with her on the first date. Let a couple of days go by, and then repeat the texting process (rapport/logistics/silence). This will eliminate any feelings of buyer's remorse that she might feel, and will assure her that you aren't needy or clingy.

6) IF SHE TEXTS YOU SEEKING RAPPORT, YOU MAY RESPOND.

This is a sign that she likes you- reward her interest by engaging with her and flirting with her. Just don't be TOO enthusiastic. Limit the use of smilies, etc. In fact, try not to use them at all.

7) IF SHE TAKES FOREVER TO RESPOND TO YOU, TAKE LONGER

Response times matter. Don't worry- she won't forget about the guy that ignores her texts.

8) IF SHE CANCELS, DON'T RESPOND UNTIL AT LEAST RIGHT BEFORE THE DATE WOULD HAVE BEGUN, OR (PREFERABLY) THE NEXT DAY OR SO. SIMPLY SAY, "OK."

Again, we want to use silence to build tension. She's expecting you to go the AFC route of telling her it's fine and that you'd be happy to pick another day just so that you can see her again. She'll be disappointed to see that this didn't get SOME sort of response. Sometimes, she might even change her mind and decide she WILL meet up with you, after all.

9) IF YOU REMAIN SILENT FOR A WEEK OR MORE, IT IS EASIER TO RE-ENGAGE

If you are building negative momentum (e.g. she flaked, cancelled without a counteroffer, seems less interested), go silent for 7-10 days, then hit her up the next week using the same process. A lot of times, this acts as a "refresh" button. You can also ignore certain texts that she sends if you sense that she is just using you as a backup. An example of this would be a "Hey sorry I didn't respond. what's up?" text.

10) IF THE LINE GOES DEAD, DELETE HER NUMBER.

If she won't even answer your texts, she is not even CLOSE to interested in meeting up. I would either delete her number, or put it in a "flaky girl" group messaging list. You can occasionally (once every month or two) message "plans tonight?"- on the 1 in 100 chance that ONE of them might be receptive. Most likely, though, the interaction is dead.

----

That should about cover it. Remember, text game won't make much difference if you didn't impress her in person. However, this should be very helpful to guys that consistently go on great first dates, only to have the girl suddenly disappear or reject them. Remember- you may not be able to build interest through text, but you CAN build interest through NOT texting.

HappyHarryHardon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice post, interesting stuff. This girl cancelled on me once (this is after we have already fuked and stuff) and she offered to meet on another day. At least she did that right? :) So I just replied "No problem. I'll let you know if Tuesday is ok." And I texted her back on Monday night. ... but she broke up with me eventually anyway lol. Didn't have much in common. Was just good for the s3x :p

Anyway, the problem is keeping busy I guess. I have been down the road where you aren't busy and then start texting girls too soon cause you think about them. Bad bad. Not texting much helps. I've even done experiments on girls I didn't really like. I tried two things. Texting a lot, like everyday about 20 texts or more! The conversation was still fun and flirty. Another where I just ignored and didn't reply much unless it was for a date. I dunno, I think if a girl really digs you it doesn't matter? I've chat online or text chat to many girls in one night and still managed to get them on my bed. They were still interested. Hows that work?

TheMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thx for sharing, i actually agree with your point there
nice post !

i need some precision on 1, give me an example plz

a quick question:
how do you keep a conversation via text and facebook fun and flirty or even sexual tension (i have a sex frien that i see only on summer) ???
how can you be fun and avoid the routine lile hey what up ?
is there a guidline ?

ganda1f91

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice tips. I could see these being especially useful for someone like me.

Quick question from another angle though. Any slight variation to the rules if you acquire interest and may want to game someone you where already an acquaintance with, that you may have normally talked to on a fairly consistent basis to begin with? (I ask because I often find myself in this situation...)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good thread, I agree. :up:

10) IF THE LINE GOES DEAD...1 in 100 chance...

I'd say it's a 1 in 28 chance, depending upon her time of the month. :D

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Overall solid advice, i hate guys who dont understand how big texting is for people younger than 25. I do want to try talking to girls on the phone more, but with girls i've just met texting is the only thing that makes sense. Besides to them a guy they barely know calling them is weird. Having solid text game shows you get with a lot of young girls!

I dont know if i agree with not texting a girl you met later that night or the next day. I'll just say the typical "hey its kenny powers, it was nice meeting you" and include something that happened when we met and/or say "your drunk ass better remember me".

The 3 day rule is a bad joke that only makes sense if your calling the girl. With text any girl will know what your up to if you text her that long after getting her number.

Can you elaborate on your opinion of what to say after a long period (10-14 days) of no contact. This girl showed low interest when i suggested we meet up again (already been on 1 date) in the future cause i was "getting tired of all this texting", but she just said "ok" and didn't respond when i busted her balls for her lack of enthusiasm. So i ignored her for a little over a week.

Im thinking of saying "hey sorry i haven't contacted you in while ive been really busy, what are you up to this weekend?" or "long time no see, what are you up to this weekend?" I feel like i could do better though.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with number 7, but completely disagree with the rest of the post.

I'd say 95% of my dates and lays have broken all of the advice in this post. That remaining 5% have usually led to bad dates with no rapport or connection, and definitely not enough comfort to end in sex.

Just my personal experience.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as much as I hate to say it, it seems that 'texting' is how you do game with most younger women these days. In the past 6 months, I have tried to text less, call more, and never add them on facebook to no avail. Women NEVER pick up their phones anymore, as I find they are responding via text shortly after a brief message. I will say that not adding them on facebook has added to some initial interest, as they know nothing about you and want to find out.

The problem with texting is you can not create any tension through it. You need another face to face meeting to do this. Even a phone call is 100 times better at creating something than a 3 kb message over a phone.

Sadly my game aside from sex with random women has been not working at all in for some time. I will try and implement some of the things here and see if it can be improved.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess the guidelines are ok. I'm a firm believer that guys just starting out should follow all the rules, guidelines, etc that are all over sites like these. But that's only until they learn how to calibrate their own lovelife. My guidelines adjust based on who im talking to, what type of person she is, the conditions on which we meant, how much rapport we developed, if we fvcked yet or not, how interested she is in me, etc.

I text a good bit with women. But i keep it interesting. I have gamed many women from online, to text, to sext, to meet, to easy fvck. Sometimes without ever talking to them on the phone, or meeting them in person first.

But anyway, my comments...

Jeffst1980 said:

You may think you're being cute, but it comes off as needy. If it's the same night, she'll show her friends and have a chuckle. If it's the next morning, she'll experience buyer's remorse.
It CAN come across as needy if you send her a totally uncalibrated text. Like if you just had a quick conversation, got her number, and then text her asking her to come over.... Yeah that would be bad... This would also be the only reason she'd show the message to her friends and chuckle as well. But me and my friends have all pulled women the same night, by changing venues and then texting them to come to where we were (even if it's just at one of our places)... If they show up - you can lock and key it that you're getting @ss.

Jeffst1980 said:
3) ONCE YOU ARE ASSURED OF A BIT OF RAPPORT, MAKE PLANS TO DO SOMETHING SIMPLE IN 2-3 DAYS. DON'T RUN "MATERIAL" VIA TEXT[/B]

Say something like, "You seem pretty cool, want to meet for a drink/ coffee later this week? Wednesday or Thursday night works for me." If she accepts, tell her you'll text her on the day of the meet. If she says, "can I get back to you on that?" make her feel discomfort by not responding until the next day. When a girl says, "I'll let you know," she actually means, "I won't let you know."
You're saying "DON'T RUN "MATERIAL" VIA TEXT" and then you're following that up by giving step by step directions on what to say. That's material. Nothing wrong with it - I'm just saying....

I pretty much run the same text game on all girls (i use it to gauge interest and how DTF they are).

I do agree with the wishy washy response from a woman like "I'll let you know," pretty much meaning - she won't though. "Cant i get back to you know that." generally means they'll only do it if they can't find something more interesting to do (like clip their toe nails.)

Jeffst1980 said:
4) SHUT UP UNTIL THE DAY OF THE DATE.

You have a life. Be busy. Don't oversell- this is one of the reasons girls flake and cancel last minute. Wait until 4-5 hours before the date and say, "just finishing up ___, I'll see you at ___."
I don't agree with this unless you're boring through text. I also don't feel that "just finishing up ___, I'll see you at ___." is any different than saying "are you coming tonight?" It's kind of irrelevant though - In my experience - the woman will bring up the meet for the night... In fact, i can't remember the last time a woman didn't.

Jeffst1980 said:

Again, most guys do this after a great date and it makes a girl's interest level plummet. Give her time to reflect and wonder if you actually liked her, or if you were just pretending- even if you slept with her on the first date. Let a couple of days go by, and then repeat the texting process (rapport/logistics/silence). This will eliminate any feelings of buyer's remorse that she might feel, and will assure her that you aren't needy or clingy.
IF you have sex with a woman and ignore her for 2-3 days - that will bring on buyers remorse more so than texting her the next day.

If you have sex with a woman on the first date - she's going to feel guilty regardless (unless she's a total sexual freak.) If I have sex with a woman on the first date - i norally don't care about her, because it's an uphill battle to keep her around. Exception being if you're friends with her in advance of sexual intent.

If i do plan to have her beyond night 1 - I will stay the night with her, AND try to go out to breakfast with her. These types of things reassure her that you weren't jsut a 1 night stand. If you hit and run - you better just plan on it being a 1 night and done thing.

If you don't have sex - your advice is fine.

Jeffst1980 said:
[6) IF SHE TEXTS YOU SEEKING RAPPORT, YOU MAY RESPOND.

This is a sign that she likes you- reward her interest by engaging with her and flirting with her. Just don't be TOO enthusiastic. Limit the use of smilies, etc. In fact, try not to use them at all.
Agree with all except the smiles part. I'm very sarcastic and sexual through text and it's the only way i can assure that it comes off like I intended.

Jeffst1980 said:
[7) IF SHE TAKES FOREVER TO RESPOND TO YOU, TAKE LONGER

Response times matter. Don't worry- she won't forget about the guy that ignores her texts.
I don't have a problem with this. But it is game playing. I'd calibrate my response time based on how long she took AS WELL AS the content she sent me.

Jeffst1980 said:
[8) IF SHE CANCELS, DON'T RESPOND UNTIL AT LEAST RIGHT BEFORE THE DATE WOULD HAVE BEGUN, OR (PREFERABLY) THE NEXT DAY OR SO. SIMPLY SAY, "OK."

Again, we want to use silence to build tension. She's expecting you to go the AFC route of telling her it's fine and that you'd be happy to pick another day just so that you can see her again. She'll be disappointed to see that this didn't get SOME sort of response. Sometimes, she might even change her mind and decide she WILL meet up with you, after all.
If she cancels - she most likely doesn't have much interest. I don't think it matters here. All this alpha/afc stuff mostly applies to women who have interest in us. So in short - she won't be all that dissapointed and will probably inturpret your response of "ok" as you being bitter.

Jeffst1980 said:
[9) IF YOU REMAIN SILENT FOR A WEEK OR MORE, IT IS EASIER TO RE-ENGAGE

If you are building negative momentum (e.g. she flaked, cancelled without a counteroffer, seems less interested), go silent for 7-10 days, then hit her up the next week using the same process. A lot of times, this acts as a "refresh" button. You can also ignore certain texts that she sends if you sense that she is just using you as a backup. An example of this would be a "Hey sorry I didn't respond. what's up?" text.
I agree with this. If it's going stale - I'll back off, and hit a girl up sometimes up to a month later. It works when it works; it's an easy "delete from phone book" if it doesn't. It has worked a few times though with good results.

Jeffst1980 said:
[10) IF THE LINE GOES DEAD, DELETE HER NUMBER.

If she won't even answer your texts, she is not even CLOSE to interested in meeting up. I would either delete her number, or put it in a "flaky girl" group messaging list. You can occasionally (once every month or two) message "plans tonight?"- on the 1 in 100 chance that ONE of them might be receptive. Most likely, though, the interaction is dead.
No problem with this one either.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ganda1f91 said:
Quick question from another angle though. Any slight variation to the rules if you acquire interest and may want to game someone you where already an acquaintance with, that you may have normally talked to on a fairly consistent basis to begin with? (I ask because I often find myself in this situation...)
Sure- after all, these are guidelines. I'm mostly speaking about a general pickup situation (i.e an attractive girl between the ages of 18-24 that you just met and has some interest in you but isn't 100% sold on you). Hot girls usually will NOT have high interest right off the bat- which is ok, because a lot of times they will sleep with you anyway. I define "high interest" as a girl that is chasing YOU.

You can definitely text more if it's a girl in your social circle that you talk to anyway, since there's already a precedent. Also, once a girl starts showing signs of high interest, you can text more (mostly because she'll be texting YOU more often). However, your main goal of texting is to get her out in person.

Someone else had brought up facebook chat, instant messages, etc. That's kind of a different territory, since you can maintain longer conversations through them without it being "weird." I'm not an expert on that stuff, but I'd say that it still needs to go somewhere, and you should aim to either set up a meet or get a phone number. Certainly, chatting with them every day will lower their interest level. Ignoring them or signing out abruptly will probably work to your advantage, though I have not field tested that.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP gives solid advice - look at this thread to see how one of the DJs on this forum turned a girl around using Jeff's advice:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=188587&page=2

Agree with the OP's point about the difficulty of getting young girls to answer the phone these days. Players today are caught in a bind where they have a pocketful digits but can't get a date because they haven't built up comfort and rapport. In the past this was done over the phone, but what does one do in an era when girls won't pick up?

IMO the sound of one's voice is much more seductive than words on a screen, and it's crucial in gaining interest from girls whose are still on the fence about you.

Jeff, what do you make of the "text to call" strategy?

After exchanging a few texts and building momentum, you cut the interaction with something like "hold on." Then call her right away - you know she has her phone in her hand, she's forced to pick up. Chat with her for 10-15 minutes and set up the meet. At this point she knows your voice, you've moved from "random guy" to "normal interesting guy" and she feels comfortable enough to meet you alone.

I have a routine where I text a girl for her opinion on something. It's usually an open-ended question. Once we exchange a few quick texts back and forth, I text "hold up it's more complicated than that" and call her right away. At this point, she's sufficiently intrigued and invested enough to pick up the phone, and I run with my opinion opener and casually segway into a normal conversation. Once I've got her comfortable talking to me and built some rapport I casually ask her out. In my experience girls are far less likely to flake when they've orally agreed to something vs. text.

Ya it's ridiculous that I have to play all these games to get girls to answer a simple phone call but that's the reality of dating in 2012. :crazy:

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
OP gives solid advice - look at this thread to see how one of the DJs on this forum turned a girl around using Jeff's advice:

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=188587&page=2

Agree with the OP's point about the difficulty of getting young girls to answer the phone these days. Players today are caught in a bind where they have a pocketful digits but can't get a date because they haven't built up comfort and rapport. In the past this was done over the phone, but what does one do in an era when girls won't pick up?
It seems like you're talking about getting a girl's number out in the field (bar, club, party, etc), and looking to build some rapport via phone or text. Correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm at a bar, getting a girl's number, I'd assume that 20-45 minutes of conversation have led up to me getting that number. So, in my mind, that is the "rapport" we speak of. The next time I text, it would go something like:

Iceberg: Hey, it's Iceberg. How did those appletinis treat you? (Some inside joke about the bar)

Girl: Blah blah blah.

Iceberg: Awesome. Well, I'm thinking of going to happy hour this Thursday. Let's grab a drink.

So my point is, if your issue is building up comfort and rapport, I wouldn't rely on a phone for that anyway. You've already handled the rapport-building during the conversation that led to you getting a number.

I feel the same way about online dating. We'll have 2 or 3 emails sent back and forth, then I go for the number, and invite her to a drink. I don't have time to dedicate to building rapport beyond the rapport that I've already built. And, I guess I'm changing with the times, but I've become anti-phone call too. It's like an intrusion into my life. Texting is easier because I can do it while doing 10 other things.

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
Jeff, what do you make of the "text to call" strategy?

After exchanging a few texts and building momentum, you cut the interaction with something like "hold on." Then call her right away - you know she has her phone in her hand, she's forced to pick up. Chat with her for 10-15 minutes and set up the meet. At this point she knows your voice, you've moved from "random guy" to "normal interesting guy" and she feels comfortable enough to meet you alone.

I have a routine where I text a girl for her opinion on something. It's usually an open-ended question. Once we exchange a few quick texts back and forth, I text "hold up it's more complicated than that" and call her right away. At this point, she's sufficiently intrigued and invested enough to pick up the phone, and I run with my opinion opener and casually segway into a normal conversation. Once I've got her comfortable talking to me and built some rapport I casually ask her out. In my experience girls are far less likely to flake when they've orally agreed to something vs. text.

Ya it's ridiculous that I have to play all these games to get girls to answer a simple phone call but that's the reality of dating in 2012. :crazy:
My gut feeling is that, while you may increase the likelihood of her showing up with this method, you do run the risk of creating some negative momentum if she can't take your sudden call because of her surroundings, or if she's a shy girl that gets nervous talking to random guys on the phone.

I think your strategy is a solid text-to-call strategy, and probably the one I'd implement myself- I'm just not sure if the advantage is significant enough. I would have to field test it.

In my experience, girls flake due to a lack of interest, NOT a lack of comfort. If you had a good interaction upon first meeting a girl and she's open to dating, you have enough comfort to get her on a date as it is. If you REALLY rushed a number close, text-to-call might make things more solid, but she'd be less motivated to speak to you on the phone.

It sounds almost too easy to rely on text messaging exclusively, but it's yielded more success for me. Of course, any medium will work if a girl is interested enough, but one might as well pick the easiest and most efficient means.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is golden. Number 1-4 are EXTREMELY important to get the first meetup.

I would even modify #3 to get straight to the point. I don't bother with the rapport text and instead just say something like
"Hey how was the rest of Saturday? :) You want to grab lunch sometime this week?"

I try to get straight to the point and throw in a little comment so the text isn't only a menacing question and this tends to work for me. I know immediately whether she is interested and can take it from there.

LoneWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
spinaroonie said:
IMO the sound of one's voice is much more seductive than words on a screen, and it's crucial in gaining interest from girls whose are still on the fence about you.
Totally agree with this. Seriously, girls do not answer their phone anymore. I just tried to call two girls but they refuse to answer and keep texting. It's frustrating... and I know damn well that when they hear me talk they get excited, I've had many girls tell me they like my voice. But these new girls don't answer and can't feel that rush when they hear me talk. Stupid. Don't get me wrong I love texting but if I'm gonna get them excited they have to answer their damn phone.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol i guess at age 28 i'm just too damn old school becuase this is some **** i just don't get. at all.

I mean let me rephrase, I get it. But, unless the game has changed that much since i have been off the market, and i don't think it has.. we had all the same **** 3 years ago as we have now, it's just a

let me put it this way. i know that yeah, if i altered the way I worked with women, and sent out more text that i would get more responses from women. that's common freaking sense. but i do not necessarily want more respoenses. i want to know who I am wasteing my time with and who I am not wasting my time with.

if i sat down with a girl / woman and she was really into me, she would give me her number and I would call her and half the time she'd pick up half the time she wasn't.

one trick that i found that helps is that you don't ask for numbers, you make her program your number in, so that when she calls she knows who you are and sees your name and says oh that's the guy who i want to blow, let me answer this. but the girls that would text me and try to talk back when i woudl call that's like a woman blanetly saying "you have to earn the right to talk to me on the phone, we aren't that far yet"./ next. i don't have time for that ****. i just don't.

and yes, some of the women just would not pick up the phone. but oyu know what, the ones that did, i suually edned up fvcking. more times than not if a woman picked pu the phone the deal was pretty mjuch a done deal. a woman who knows you are going to call you and picks up the phone and talks to you and sets up a date, is telling you that as long andbyou are n't bat **** crazy i'm probably going yo fvck you.

when you are dealing with texting, you are dealing with like 2 unnecessary additional buffer layers. not only that, you are just another one of her orbiters who haven't really done antyhing to set themselves apart.

i will also add, it's easier for a woman to lie through a text than to lie via the phone. you can pick up **** on the phone you can't pick up in a text. a "sure ok" looks good on a text but a ....umm...humm.. sure...o...k.. sounds much different on the hone.

to be who i am and what i am I am about as old school as it gets when it comes to this type of stuff. I believe in 100% human to human interaction as much as possible. My feelings are that if a woman likes me enough she will remember me when i call her and she will pick up. and it worked to the point where i went on dates constantly when i was single.

LoneWolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is fuked up.

Another girl I'm trying to meet. Her excuse for not answering "Sorry ive got people here." WTF!???

This is after she contacted me asking why i've been quite lately. So I called and yeah.

Last edited:

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Field report:

I have been implementing the general gist of this post. I got the girls number on saturday, kept contact light and managed to hang out with her last night. It went okay, as she was pretty shy and I was kind of out of it myself. That said, I'll give this piece of advice a try and see how it works.

Here is the deal: I am honestly not sure if I am into this chick or not. Shes real cute and very nice, but im not sure if there is any attraction there on my end. In fact, it will be easy not to convey neediness or desperation because I am neither right now.

Bottom line Being aloof with texting seems to be working. I don't advocate playing games or following a rule book, but it seems the OPs advice is working well. More to come...

TheMale

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what about if i was out last night, didnt took her number cause i didnt want to. so she got it from her friend (who knows me BTW), and text me today (the next morning), is this rule is actually need to be aplied in that kind of situation ?
i mean, do you think i shouldnt answer and wait until tomorrow or when i'll want to text her ?

Jeffst1980

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMale said:
what about if i was out last night, didnt took her number cause i didnt want to. so she got it from her friend (who knows me BTW), and text me today (the next morning), is this rule is actually need to be aplied in that kind of situation ?
i mean, do you think i shouldnt answer and wait until tomorrow or when i'll want to text her ?
Ignoring the first sentence, which seems to suggest that you aren't even interested in her:

If she is texting YOU, you should respond. Your goal is to get the girl chasing YOU, and, by initiating contact, this girl is doing just that.

If a girl clearly has high interest, ignoring her will send the wrong message. The tricky thing is that girls will often pretend to be more interested than they are in order to test your neediness. Trust your gut, and when it doubt, slow things down.