Text convo

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I met this girl off an internet dating site and have had 2 phone convos so far with her and she has initiated a text convo and asked me on a date to an art show on the 20th. She is definitely attractive in her pics....about an 8.

I have been trying to bust on her a little on the phone.

She initated a text convo a few days ago, so I sent her today this message:

Me: I know you have been thinking about me, so I thought I would say hi.

Her: Haha, what's up?

Me: Just taking it easy after work, u?

Her: About to meet a friend at the movies.

Me: I'm jealous. Did you bring that cute headgear? (she said she used to wear this headgear with her braces when she was a nerd in HS)

Her:Haha, yeah, whatever, you are about to be more jealous because we are going to see that movie, Alice in Wonderland.

Me: Dang, Johnny Depp is so cute.

Her: ummm...if that's your preference...it's ok, don't be shy smiley face

Me: Nah, I wouldn't want to dissapoint you like that lol

Her: yeah ok smiley face anyways I have to go U have a good night

Me: Night

basically i am trying to maintain her interest level with ****y funny stuff before the date which is a good ways away...

Normally, I hate texting, but I'm beginning to see it as a way to increase attraction levels if used right. How often should I keep this up until the date? I suspect I should wait until she contacts me next. I just got out of a long relationship and am a bit rusty at all of this.

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
Any input would be greatly appreciated guys.

I also have this other girl who I'm working on who I also met on a dating site....have a date set up to eat at a Thai restaurant this weekend. She is Thai and I have a huge thing for Asian women. The problem is, it's 60 mins away from where i live and we will be meeting for the first time. I def want to kiss close this one on Sat. I figure I will greet her with a hug and tell her she looks great to immediately escalate. Then I will analyze her palm a little while waiting for the food and try to get her to taste some of my food. Then try and kiss close after another hug when parting ways...or sooner if the IOIs are there.

A little about myself...I am currently going through a divorce with a Korean who I brought over here from Korea. I foolishly fell in love with her even though I lost attraction for her right after our marriage because she was too clingy and was bat**** crazy (hits, throws things, raging drunk) to sum it up. Major drama queen. Anyways, I did end up caring for her on a very deep level...took care of her for months while she was bedridden with panic disorder. She couldn't hardly function for a while it was so bad...many late night trips to the ER. She would tell me everyday that she couldn't survive without me and hold onto me would get mad if I ever went anywhere with a friend or anything. I ened up refusing sexual advances from her for a while (felt trapped) and my attraction to her went down to zero for a while and I honestly thought I would never escape her...as I felt too guilty to dump her....big mistake. The tables soon turned.

Well, she regained her strength and I ended up getting panic attacks and insomnia...never had that **** before and it was a life altering experience...weakened me for a whle big time.

At this time she got stronger. Major energy vampire IMO. For the first time in our relationship, I was weak and acted AFC....still had very little attraction for her, though. I ended up breaking up with her but then when she started seeing another guy, I lost it and turned total AFC. I think to actually see her with someone likes was shocking even though I told her before hand please go meet other people. Guess you never know how you truly feel until somehting happens.

Got back together with her and she left a week later....well...she said she only saw me as a brother now...so I kicked her out and told her never to contact me again. I still am not that attracted to her, but I also think of her as a sibling and it sucks losing someone that close even if they did drive you that crazy. But yeah, I have had a tough time getting over her. But I don't get paqnic attacks anymore and have fixed my insomina and am regaining my old strength. I try to talk toi women everwhere and number close whenever possible.

I just signed divorce papers...she initiated it although I had met with my own lawyer to iniate a divorce the day before I signed her's.

Anyways, that stuff is all behind me thankfully. Just want to meet as many women as possible.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zinc64 said:
Normally, I hate texting, but I'm beginning to see it as a way to increase attraction levels if used right. How often should I keep this up until the date? I suspect I should wait until she contacts me next. I just got out of a long relationship and am a bit rusty at all of this.
I've never been a big fan of the long text convo. Just say something funny about your day, look at her response, and move on.

It's not a major deal-breaker, of course. It's just...you're a cool guy with a busy schedule, right? So you're not going to be there to go back and forth for 10 texts to chat with her. If I were in your shoes, and waiting for 10 days for this first date, I'd send her a quick text maybe every 2-3 days. "Made an awesome steak dinner from scratch. Jealous?" That kinda thing. And then she sends some corny chick response like "Save some for me...tee hee..." And that's how you let the convo end.

You don't want to be totally available all the time. That's what I'm getting at.

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you said that Johnny Depp was cute... that was just awful. It only insinuated that you be gay.

However, I'm glad to you're recovering from the panic attacks and insomnia. Gotta get your inner emotions well balanced and strong before you can achieve massive success with women.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Allurre said:
When you said that Johnny Depp was cute... that was just awful. It only insinuated that you be gay.
That was perfectly fine.

Good if anything.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Notice the style of her replies. They are shorter, she is just replying to your questions not really trying to initiate conversation or showing that much interest.
2. She is the one that comes off as busy, doing exciting things while you were probably at home playing on your computer which is probably the impression she got when you said you were doing nothing.
3. She ends the conversation

After reading that conversation I couldn't help but feel right away that YOU LOOK LIKE THE WOMAN and SHE LOOKS LIKE THE MAN. She came off as active one doing fun stuff, busy, ended the conversation first. These are things you are supposed to be doing not her!

1. be careful with c&f over texts: It can be misunderstood.
2. I don't care how many times you have to lie don't ever tell a woman you are doing nothing. When you said you were doing nothing and she said she was going out with friends that moment in her mind put her at a sense of superiority over you. You never want to give women this sort of feeling.
3. I have to disagree with Ease. Don't do self defacing jokes with girls specially ones that are not your gfs yet. Women like gay guys AS THEIR GOSSIPY FRIENDS not as boyfriends and masculine guys AS THEIR BOYFRIENDS. Which one are you trying to portray yourself to be? a possible gay friend or a possible boyfriend. If you want to be her possible boyfriend you want to look masculine in her eyes not the opposite. You have to maintain a masculine frame.

You should have said:
Her: Haha, what's up?

Me: I got out of work. Getting ready to go on a bike ride to get some exercise. Going to stop by at ______ not sure if you been there it's awesome. Proably getting a blueberry smoothie after that
It's a simple cheesy lie but it shows some good things about you. You are doing something positive (biking, getting excercise) then stopping at a cool place to hang out. You tell me what sounds better? doing nothing or a simple cheesy lie like that? Don't tell girls you are doing nothing. There are a limitless amount of things you could have said

me: I just got out of work. I'm heading over to the food market to buy some oranges, blueberries, bananas and ice cream. I read of this great tasting recipe for a protein shake which I want to make. (again another cheesy lie but at least it shows you doing something interesting)

Like I said earlier be careful with txt messages and specially c&f over texts. The last 3 girls in my life I ruined things with due to texts i'm telling you from experience to stop texting and start calling.

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, that makes sense. All of our previous convo, though, I was the first to go and shorter than her. By the way, anyone with a brain could figure out the Johnny Depp line was a joke. If she is that dumb, then well.....:down: .

Also, I never talk to her more than once every three or so days. I'll just wait until she initiates convo next.

Rampage1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
1. Notice the style of her replies. They are shorter, she is just replying to your questions not really trying to initiate conversation or showing that much interest.
2. She is the one that comes off as busy, doing exciting things while you were probably at home playing on your computer which is probably the impression she got when you said you were doing nothing.
3. She ends the conversation

After reading that conversation I couldn't help but feel right away that YOU LOOK LIKE THE WOMAN and SHE LOOKS LIKE THE MAN. She came off as active one doing fun stuff, busy, ended the conversation first. These are things you are supposed to be doing not her!

1. be careful with c&f over texts: It can be misunderstood.
2. I don't care how many times you have to lie don't ever tell a woman you are doing nothing. When you said you were doing nothing and she said she was going out with friends that moment in her mind put her at a sense of superiority over you. You never want to give women this sort of feeling.
3. I have to disagree with Ease. Don't do self defacing jokes with girls specially ones that are not your gfs yet. Women like gay guys AS THEIR GOSSIPY FRIENDS not as boyfriends and masculine guys AS THEIR BOYFRIENDS. Which one are you trying to portray yourself to be? a possible gay friend or a possible boyfriend. If you want to be her possible boyfriend you want to look masculine in her eyes not the opposite. You have to maintain a masculine frame.

You should have said:

It's a simple cheesy lie but it shows some good things about you. You are doing something positive (biking, getting excercise) then stopping at a cool place to hang out. You tell me what sounds better? doing nothing or a simple cheesy lie like that? Don't tell girls you are doing nothing. There are a limitless amount of things you could have said

me: I just got out of work. I'm heading over to the food market to buy some oranges, blueberries, bananas and ice cream. I read of this great tasting recipe for a protein shake which I want to make. (again another cheesy lie but at least it shows you doing something interesting)

Like I said earlier be careful with txt messages and specially c&f over texts. The last 3 girls in my life I ruined things with due to texts i'm telling you from experience to stop texting and start calling.
You are reading way to much into this..what the OP said was perfectly fine...if she didnt get the Jonny Depp line she is a zombie. There is nothing wrong with communicating over text as long as you dont make it your only medium. Take it from me as I am in a relationship with a HB9 model and she txts me all the time. If I didn't reply she would be annoyed and has been in the past. Obviously though we communicate through calls too but nothing worng with a few texts here and there!!

Allurre

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to understand, when you communicate over text, WOMEN have high chances of misinterpreting what you mean -- especially WHEN they've just MET you.

Anyways, just gotta keep it moving :) So far, the interaction you held over txt made it seem like she was the one being pursued, so bro, turn that around and you'll be fine.

zinc64

Don Juan
Reaction score
Allurre said:
You have to understand, when you communicate over text, WOMEN have high chances of misinterpreting what you mean -- especially WHEN they've just MET you.

Anyways, just gotta keep it moving :) So far, the interaction you held over txt made it seem like she was the one being pursued, so bro, turn that around and you'll be fine.

Yeah, I haven't talked to her since then and we have a date set up for the 20th. Think I should wait until she contacts me? I want to keep the ball rolling but def want to be pursued at the same time. I have a date set up for today with another chick...pretty excited to go ot with another woman for the first time since my crazy as hell borderline personality disorder ex-wife.