Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Testosterone Replacement Therapy

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone actually been or consider going to one of these low T clinics? Supposedly even those who feel fine may actually find they're on the low end of testosterone. I have never considered this since I'm only 31 and in good shape but a friend of mine who is 35 went and keeps telling me how much he's benefited from it. Weight loss, more energy and other stuff that comes with high testosterone. It almost sounds too good to be true.

Thoughts?

R

Ranger

Anyone actually been or consider going to one of these low T clinics? Supposedly even those who feel fine may actually find they're on the low end of testosterone. I have never considered this since I'm only 31 and in good shape but a friend of mine who is 35 went and keeps telling me how much he's benefited from it. Weight loss, more energy and other stuff that comes with high testosterone. It almost sounds too good to be true.

Thoughts?
It is true. i Know plenty of guys on it. Guys who quit smoking will also bottom out on testosterone.
Nicotine will actually keep your testosterone up.

Yes it works. Very much so. But the thought of being on something the rest of your life? It’s mostly a diet and being active issue. Mine’s within 80% of the top end and I’m in my 50s.

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing a hormone test in a while myself. Doubt I'll need to go on anything, but it's good to know.

It is true. i Know plenty of guys on it. Guys who quit smoking will also bottom out on testosterone.
Nicotine will actually keep your testosterone up.

Yes it works. Very much so. But the thought of being on something the rest of your life? It’s mostly a diet and being active issue. Mine’s within 80% of the top end and I’m in my 50s.
So what really. You're already on indoor plumbing, electricity, industrial agriculture and all kinds of stuff for the rest of your life. At some point, your testosterone is gonna start dropping to the point it affects your life. Imo when that happens you'd have to be a fool not to take advantage of keeping your test levels at an optimum with modern technology.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before you even consider TRT you need to have an extensive amount of blood work to determine where all your hormones levels are at before any clinic will even consider it. Red blood cell, test, estrogen, cholesterol, lipids, ect. Most clinics wouldn't even consider you if your test levels are just under normal. Some clinics use loop holes by setting the minimum test levels at the highest rate possible so they can take a huge chunk of the market. Those clinics are more than likely not in your state, so you would have to do it all online like most TRT clinics.

Once you start taking it, after a while you body will stop producing it. Some guys who stop TRT after a while end up having lower T levels than before they started, on top of their body never being able to get back to those levels. Hell I've heard of guys taking test for 3 months then stopping and having permanent damage to their T levels. A good knowledgeable clinic will also prescribe HCG with your Test which is also another injection you will need to take. HCG in short will trick your balls to keep producing Test, rather than shut off natural production.

Others clinics are strict with their minimum tests levels are just under normal. It is a life long commitment sticking a needle in your body on average of 2 times a week forever. Then you factor in the risk of hitting a vein, nerve, scar tissue buildup, mood swings, having to get tested every so often to see where your levels are at, dying earlier than you would have, ect. Yes, it can be a positive life changing thing if your test levels are extremely under average. Testosterone is one of the main reasons men die before women. Its an amazing hormone, but it comes with a hefty price. Some men have high estrogen and low T.

There are ways to cheat your testosterone blood test to show lower than normal. Taking your test in the morning when your test levels are at their lowest or eating a really fatty meal like a burger n fries which drops your test levels. Most clinics wont allow you to take the test in the morning for that very reason and they also make you take it on an empty stomach. In closing you'd be surprised how easy it is to naturally raise your test levels. Try that first. It is nice to know where all your hormone levels are at regardless. There is a lot more to this but that info will give you basic outline of what to expect.

R

Ranger

The best most effective long term solution is to get your levels up with diet and weight lifting. Lift heavy things.
Sprints. People think that wind sprints are aerobic. They are not. They are anaerobic. NOTHING eats up fat and elevates testosterone like sprints.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good info @stovepipe. And I def agree with you @Ranger. I lift heavily and feel my test levels are normal (though can't say for sure since I haven't been tested) but I do feel very sluggish at times which makes me wonder. I'm thinking about just getting tested to see where I stand.

R

Ranger

Good info @stovepipe. And I def agree with you @Ranger. I lift heavily and feel my test levels are normal (though can't say for sure since I haven't been tested) but I do feel very sluggish at times which makes me wonder. I'm thinking about just getting tested to see where I stand.
I get that too. Keep in mind, at least for me, if I put too many hard days in, it can lower your testosterone for sure.
So I keep it down to two hard workouts per week. It actually helps. Sometimes you feel like you aren’t doing enough. We’ve been programmed to push hard but it’s a terrible idea.
I learned that from Mark Sisson in “primal endurance” he was a world class athlete.
80% of our gains are actually through diet and not exercise. But if a person can’t let go of grains, he has to work really hard. I made that mistake.
Nothing will override a grain diet.

R

Ranger

Other light workouts for the rest of your workout days is fine.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get that too. Keep in mind, at least for me, if I put too many hard days in, it can lower your testosterone for sure.
So I keep it down to two hard workouts per week. It actually helps. Sometimes you feel like you aren’t doing enough. We’ve been programmed to push hard but it’s a terrible idea.
I learned that from Mark Sisson in “primal endurance” he was a world class athlete.
80% of our gains are actually through diet and not exercise. But if a person can’t let go of grains, he has to work really hard. I made that mistake.
Nothing will override a grain diet.
I've been programmed to dedicate workout to specific parts of your body and truthfully I don't really go light on any of them. My weeks are typically: chest, back, shoulders, legs, arms then rest for 2 days. It's been that way for almost a decade.

Last edited:
R

Ranger

I've been programmed to dedicate workout to specific parts of your body and truthfully I don't really go light on any of them. My weeks are typically: chest, back, shoulders, legs, arms then rest for 2 days. It's been that way for almost a decade.
Look at MSP (maximum sustained power) workouts possibly. I don’t really recommend many things. It elevated me to a new level. I’m already naturally big and strong so I have no desire to put on slabs of muscle.
To be honest with you my only purpose is to keep up my testosterone up and maintain explosive strength and power or increase it.

stovepipe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was feeling very sluggish the past months during my walks. Stopped lifting back in Jan to focus strictly on walking cause I needed a break from all the years of lifting. Totaled up all my macros and noticed how little carbs I was taking in per day. I added a serving of shredded wheat with berries & Almond milk, along with a protein shake on long walk days. Just that little adjustment to my diet boosted me energy levels so high I was shocked. Even though I've in around the fitness scene for 20 years, dieting is something I never really did nor took seriously when I did try.

Food is such a powerful source of life that a lot of people take for granted how valuable and life changing it is to your health. Taking this diet seriously has changed my life, the way I think, the decisions I make, more alert, more energy, less depressed,boosted my T levels, ect. I just cannot stress enough how important a balanced diet is.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not shocked at this being a problem given the threads about cratered SMV.