Tenshi's Journal on Bible Boot Camp

Tenshi

Don Juan
Reaction score
i Been to this forum for a while alrdy... finally start this boot camp bible thingy... hope ppl will give me sum advice for a started.... i tried boot camp bible b4.... but it didnt work out welll... so i will start posting a journal... let see if this works out or not.....:)

Tenshi

Don Juan
Reaction score
day 1 out on filed 9-03-2004

it is very difficult to make a move and hi to people... tat is for me alest.... i can establish eye contact but not saying hi to people... i only able to gave a few away today.... 40 more to go...

any idea or article that would help this out...

Dev

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found that in the whole "hi" experiment, you can't fake it. By faking it I mean that you are only doing it because you feel that you are shy and you know that you ought to do it. From my experiences you need it to come from within. You have to want to get to know new people and you also have to accept that not everyone will like you. There is nothing you can do about that.

Also, it will be much easier if you keep it up. By that I mean you don't go too long ever without saying hello to somebody. Circumstances permitting, it is preferable to be doing that at least every 5 minutes or so.

Good luck!

Peeaayempee

Reaction score
Re: day 1 out on filed 9-03-2004

Originally posted by Tenshi
it is very difficult to make a move and hi to people... tat is for me alest.... i can establish eye contact but not saying hi to people... i only able to gave a few away today.... 40 more to go...

any idea or article that would help this out...
I also find it difficult to say hi to people just walking by on the streets. But I work at a hospital and their I say hi to strangers walking by all the time. So why don't you go to some places where it's more normal to say hi to strangers. Like a school or hospital.

BTW, doesn't it feel much more natural to say hi to stranger when you are standing still then when you are walking by.

Stand near a busy entrance of a supermarket, hospital, library etc. and say hi to everybody that wants to enter or leave the building.
People will just think you are waiting for a friend or something.
Or you can stand close to an elevator somewhere and say hi to everybody that wants to take the elevator.

That shouldn't be so hard to pull of.

Another thing you can do is take a friend with you and do it together. I always notice that when I'm going somewhere with a friend I am much more confident than when I'm going somewhere alone.

Good luck man!

Peeyaayempee

Tenshi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dev

Peeaayempee

thank you both for your tips.... tat helps.
my greatest fear rite now is that i dunno what to say to people after i say hi...:eek:

Peeaayempee

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tenshi
Dev

Peeaayempee

thank you both for your tips.... tat helps.
my greatest fear rite now is that i dunno what to say to people after i say hi...:eek:
You don't have to say anything else. Just greet them. If you really want a follow-up, you can ask for directions or the time, but make sure you dont wear a watch! :D

dj2l8

Don Juan
Reaction score
Walking

Hey Pee,

I've got a question. I'm working my way through week 1 also and 100% of my "Hi's" have been walk-bys. I just realized this today after reading the post...I think that there must be some fear factor associated with staying put then cruising on by. Granted, It seems I'm not at places that lend themselves to stationary "hi's".

I'm thinking maybe I need to start going down to the major shopping areas or something. Most of the bootcamp journals seem to revolve around Malls, Starbucks and Borders...which don't exist here...never thought I'd be missing those 3, but I could sure use them now. Getting off "Hi's" in Cafe's is difficult because no-one's ever really that close to you. I'd practically have to yell it across to the next table.

Suggestions advice?

Keep up the good work Tenshi. Do it now before your old as my ass! And don't think about anything other than the Hello...convo is week 2, no skipping ahead. Just Hi and then Audi.

Tenshi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hah

quite an accomploishment i got my self there... i got myself over 50 hi's by to date.. i just read alot of those attitude posts... which brings alot of help to me:D . and thx to those ppl who posted to my question... you guys are great help.

now im reading my second week of bible... and start week 2 tmrs....

TinyFzzyKiwi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dev
I've found that in the whole "hi" experiment, you can't fake it. By faking it I mean that you are only doing it because you feel that you are shy and you know that you ought to do it. From my experiences you need it to come from within. You have to want to get to know new people and you also have to accept that not everyone will like you. There is nothing you can do about that.

well, that tells me what my problem has probably been. gettin better at wanting it though.