Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ten things every single man should own????...

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Today on MSN, they put out an online artilcle of ten things EVERY single man should own...

http://msn.match.com/msn/article.aspx?articleid=4319&TrackingID=516311&BannerID=544657&menuid=7

After reading it, do you think any of the things listed in the article could possibly assist you in DJing?? I like the idea of a coffee maker for late nights. But I'm not that important for me to throw out three bills for a pair of jeans. What kind of fool am I? The kind that doesn't wear my hard earned money on ass.

Is there anything on this list you agree a single man should have? Is there anything missing that you think a single man should always have? And please, we know condoms is one...so they don't count.

Remember, these things should be placed into a bachelor pad.

MoonieTX

Don Juan
Reaction score
that list should be 10 things a man with an unlimited income should own. $150 on a pair of jeans and $200 on a pair of shoes. Kidding right?

But on the positive side a lamp in the bedroom is crucial. I have one of those lamps that you touch any where and the light goes on and off or dims and brightens.

The joy of cooking book? Shouldn't the girl be in the kitchen anway?:D

Moving_Target

Don Juan
Reaction score
chainsaw, 3 lb long handle ax, 10 lb slegdehammer, some shovels, wheelbarrow, gloves, rake, 16 claw hammer and a pink tutu.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. A top-notch coffee/espresso maker
the dollar store has normal coffee makers for ten bucks and you know what? they work great.
2. A lamp in your bedroom
great idea, and this is something you can actually splurge on and get the kind thats called "touch" lamp. they are the greatest.
3. Swiffer Sweeper + Swiffer Cloths + Swiffer Wet Cloths
i have a swiffer and i got it for like eight dollars. they make cleaning the easiest and they smell great. and you never have to mix cleaning products and dip a mop into a bucket and then squeeze it out with your hands again. really buying the swiffer wipes is cheaper than buying a ton of cleaning products.
4. A comfortable couch
o yes, but only purchase what you can afford. if you purchase a love seat, then you have to sit closer to your date and they are about a hundred dollars cheaper than the couch.
5. Nice underwear
if it has a hole, or a stain = throw it away now!
tiddy whiteys are ok they arent that bad
6. A key-ring that can fix, cut, and open anything
this would be kewl if you could find it somewhere...
7. $150+ jeans
bs. never spend that much on clothes that will eventually wear out.
8. $200+ dress shoes
bs!!! as long as they are clean , no one will notice you spent five dollars or 200 dollars.
9. 300-thread-count cotton sheets
do you really have 150 bucks to spend on sheets? me either. walmart has some nice sheet sets and so does sears.
soft sheets are nice, but what happens if you get them messy??
10. The Joy of Cooking
why waste money on a cook book if you dont enjoy cooking?
if you do cook, ive got a better homes and gardens cookbook that kicks ass. however, if you enjoy cooking things that are simple, invest in a small paperback campells cookbook up by the grocers counter for five bucks.or go free and search online by using the search words "easy recipes " or "one dish recipes" or "fast recipes"

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
do you really have 150 bucks to spend on sheets? me either. walmart has some nice sheet sets and so does sears.
yeah, and they totally suck.

you can get 800 TC sheets on overstock.com for $50 bucks. bed bath and beyond, they're like $300.

two things in your pad that should be really really comfy are your couch and your bed.

and of course your bathroom...so...

11. a clean bathroom
12. 500 extra rolls of toilet paper
13. some damn good towels, Ralph Lauren's
14. some chick soap/bodywash/shampoo
15. an extra unused, unopened toothbrush

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TooColdUlrick

14. some chick soap/bodywash/shampoo
no!
if a chick happens to stay over and you have this
she is either going to think some other chick left it there and start going thru all your stuff or
she will think its an open invitation to start leaving tampons in there too.

just have a bar of ivory soap or some of that liquid soap that either sex can use.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
no!
if a chick happens to stay over and you have this
she is either going to think some other chick left it there and start going thru all your stuff or
she will think its an open invitation to start leaving tampons in there too.

just have a bar of ivory soap or some of that liquid soap that either sex can use.
yeah, but that's kinda my point. i put that stuff under the counter and tell her there's some girly stuff in there.

if she goes thru my stuff, i will kill her.

Snatchmaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
ummm, wash them?

Soft sheets are imperative unless you're living in a barn. Buy them cheap, but don't live without them.

My old housekeeper would iron my sheets. Talk about comfort!!

Typical dress shoes run about $100. Take care of them and they last for years. But if you've ever worn a $200+ pair of shoes....well, how do you explain high class???

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There may be a grain or two of worth in that article, but for the most part is BS hidden marketing thats all. You don't need $200 pair of shoes to get laid.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, but a $200 pair of shoes is nice to have. face it, $100 for a pair of shoes is basically a 'decent' shoe. they last longer 1) because they're waaaaaay better, and 2) you tend to take care of them. it's a good investment.

as for the sheets....damn, we spend 1/3 of our lives in bed. make it comfy. sleep on some 400 tc sheets and you'll never do the walmart thing again, esp when you can get them for pretty cheap on overstock.

overstock's cool. i got a couple of damn good watches there for 75% off retail. one was $700 retail and i got it for $150.00

16. a killa watch. i have a rolex submariner, blue/gold. bad ass watch...love it....beautiful watch.

Tboner

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have all kinds of things in my guest bathroom left by chicks, cucumber shampoo, lavendar conditioner, tampons, napkins, feminine wipes. Really convenient when she wants to shower or when it's that time of the month.

Unless you're in an exclusive LTR, you should make your place look like women regularly visit, stay overnight and yes, even have sex there. This is good social proofing and will bring out the competetive nature of women.

Bed sheets: satin... burgundy color, for about $60 online.

Shoes: important and must be perfectly clean.

Jeans: $300 ??? That's a waste of money.

Night Light in bedroom: a small iron lamp with glass shade, uses red christmas tree bulb (3 W) $14 at Wal-Mart

Stuff that chicks like: candles around the bathtub and bedroom, chocolate, White Zinfadel wine, strawberries, soft music

Best prop: a cute little dog on a leash

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ten things every single man should own, not because the man wants it, but becuase the WOMAN EXPECTS IT!

Another article propagating the entitlement complex of current Sex and the City watching bytches.

I say do what you want and live your own life on your own terms.

iveyleeger

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
satin... no traction. 400 tc egyptian cotton. unless you're worried about cherry stains. in which case you must be doing 14 y.o's and you ought to get used to sleeping on bare concrete

cucumber 'poo and lavendar conditioner... does *every* chick leave that stuff beneath the sink??? raise your hand if you *haven't* found exactly that

i have really cool liquid soap dispensers in the shower. women like this, no worries about pubes on the bar of ivory

i will add: cleaning lady, so the place looks good. fresh towel and robe somewhere for guests. and good cookware so she can make you breakfast

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Best prop: a cute little dog on a leash I]written by Tboner[/I]
Man, that sounds extra gay. :crackup:

If the looks like Baxter (from Anchorman) or Benji. Cool. But if it's somekind of poodle. Funk that.

swordfish01

Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you think of a rolex replica... Can't afford the real submariner, but I don't mind wearing a replica for $150.00.

The only thing is that these watches are not waterproof!

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
:yes: Rolex??

Why those? You can buy a decent watch. Hell I got two decent looking ones, but one is a Fossil.

How about letting everything else speak. A watch is used for knowing the time. I know mugs who have sh1t from street vendors and it looks good.
If I wanted to buy a pair of 300 dollar shades I would but that's not what you need.

Besides it none of it will improve your performance in the sack, because you can't take it with you. :yes:

Can I get a witness?!!!?!

All that other stuff is a status symbol.

What do you think?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This article is laughable...

The professional-quality Delonghi “Caffe Figaro” Coffee/Espresso Machine ($230, macys.com)
Screw that. I don't drink coffee, so why should I invest $230 in a coffee maker? I've got a three cup dealy, and since I don't drink or make coffee, she'll have to do it herself.

I'll agree with this one, because it's useful if you can't find the rubbers in the dark. Also, if you wanna go retro (which I love), buy one at a thrift shop for less that $10.

Don't own one. My vacuum works just fine.

4. A comfortable couch
Skip the cliché and pick out a plush upholstered sofa, like the simple, elegant, under $1,000
Since when do you need to buy a *new* couch? I've got a retro one, and women think it's the coolest thing they've ever seen!

5. Nice underwear
Agreed

I've got enough 5hit on my key chain. There's tools in the truck if she needs one.

7. $150+ jeans
:eek:
Why the hell would I spend that kind of money on pants? As long as they're comfy and look decent, I couldn't care if I spend $25 on them. WTF does price have to do with anything?

8. $200+ dress shoes
:eek:
Okay, dress shoes suck. All the ones I've worn are hardly comfy. I prefer comfy all-terrain shoes. I don't need discomfort, nor do I need to be broke to impress a woman.

It’ll run you around $120 for a queen-size set
Oh great. :rolleyes:
Basically, as long as your bed is made and the sheets are clean (clean sheets always feel good), you're good to go. Invest your money on a good mattress instead.

10. The Joy of Cooking
I can agree with this one. Now, instead of buying the dress shoes, buy a barbeque. It's a man's only way to cook!

So, out of all the 5hit that I'm supposed to buy, I only need the lamp, underwear, and The Joy of Sex... er um I mean Cooking :D

Oh yeah, and buy yourself two CDs: AC/DC Back In Black (for sex) and Enya (for after sex)

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova,

I totally agree with you list. I can see if you're trying to bag some top notch model chick whose shallow as she is weightless. Just buy things that make you feel comfortable and get an opinion from a female you're not trying to smash.

Being comfortable is the key. If you go to social functions in the office I'd say wear a suit. Sheets..just wash them. That reminds me. LOL.

You want someone who is willing to accept you not the trinkets or materials you buy. Just make sure she's comfortable when they come thru. And vacuming does help.

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

After about a dozen of these high maintenence, overly complicated machines that take a Phd to operate and have a life span of about 2 months, I just go out for good coffee. For just my coffee and Bailey's, the cheaper the better.

Personal preference, really. If she's focusing on your bedroom lamp, then you're probably not taking care of business.

Maybe for a small-ish bachelor pad that's ok, but if you hate to clean like I do, you want the best tools possible. Dunno how I ever lived without a floormate.

4. A comfortable couch

Agreed. You want a new, cheap, micro-fiber couch for a bachelor pad. It's tempting to have those italian leather couches, but your ******* friends, their friends, babies, pets, etc., will make you wish you bought a cheaper couch.

5. Nice underwear

I'm a boxer man till the day I die. If my woman doesn't like em, then I'll be happy to take them off, but that's as far as it goes. If my underwear is a deal-breaker, then she's not the right woman for me.

I'll start carrying more crap on my key-ring the day I wear a fanny pack ... which will be never. Nope, only thing on my key ring is the house key, car key, and keyless entry thingy.

My little office tool box can fix just about anything, and if it can't, the roll-away is in the garage. Whatever is broken can wait until it gets back to my pad.

7. $150+ jeans

I'd pay that for dress slacks, but not for jeans. Think about it. If I'm the PRIZE, then it's all about my comfort baby, and levis do the job just fine.

8. $200+ dress shoes

It takes money to make money, and if your shoes aint making you money, then it's all about the comfort baby, and what you like to wear. If how you dress affects your paycheck, then you want to look sharper than the next guy.

Me, I like boots. Fry boots, timberlands, etc. The chicas have always liked my footwear, but I've never done it for them.

On the road, all I need is a dark, quiet corner to sleep. But at home, it's 800 TC egyptian cotton or nothing, with the goose down comforters. Yep, you spend 1/3 of your life in bed, so why not sleep like a king !

10. The Joy of Cooking

Maybe if you want to be the envy of soccer moms everywhere, by all means, buy this book. If you want to cook like a 5 star chef, all you need is google.

11. An expensive watch.

Manditory. It's really the only piece of jewelry that most men wear. Not only do they look good, but it's a functional - it serves a practical purpose. No rolex for me since it would probably get thrashed. I have more watches than I have boots, and I wear a Movado watch for socializing, a Citizen titanium for every day, and a $10 Casio when I get my hands dirty. I used to have an Omega Seamaster, but it was like wearing a block of metal on my arm.

12. A cool car.

Whether it's a classic mustang you built with your own hands, or an escalade with blacked out windows, it has to be cool, and it has to be a reflection of your own personal style.

13. Good cookware

One look at your good cookware, and she will know that you don't fvck around. Tools are a man's domain, and cookware are tools that go in your kitchen. It took me many years to realize this. I wouldn't buy a ratchet from Walmart, and I wouldn't buy cookware there either.

14. Music collection / sound system

Good tunes are an absolute must. I've seen chicas just about orgasm looking at my collection.

15. A dog.

Can you say chick magnet? I own a dog because I like my dog, not to impress anyone, but everywhere I bring my dog, chicks are all over me. It's just a nice side benefit.

16. Hot tub.

In my old age, I've noticed the two things that get chicks naked the fastest are a hot tub or a boat. Of course, the egyptian cotton sheets don't hurt either...