Tell the truth or lie....

pg5781

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ll try keep this really quick. Ive been seeing this girl for about a month now but I heard some stuff yesterday about her which makes me want to break it off at this point. It has nothing to do with me just some stuff in her past. The problem is, her interest level is very high, as was mine (but I didn’t show it at all where she had no shame in hiding it) and I really thought this could go somewhere because our chemistry is really good together. I haven’t hit it yet but most likely would sometime in the next few dates. She works at the gym I go to so I want to break it off before I sleep with her because doing that will complicate things even more and I just don’t feel like dealing with it at this point. So I want to break it off with her but im not sure if I should:

a) tell her the truth and say that the stuff I heard bothered me and that I cant be with her for that reason or
b) lie and make up a lame excuse, like “I don’t want a girlfriend right now, I have too much going on, if the timing was better, I would feel different since you’re a really cool girl”.

What do you guys think??? Remember, I see her every day at the gym and up until yesterday when I heard the stuff, we’ve been doing great. I haven’t talked to her since I heard these things (I found out late last night) so if I use excuse (b) today, it will come out of nowhere and she will know that isn’t the real reason. Do you have better excuses for (b) that may work better in this situation??? Or should I act distant the next few times I talk to her and then go with an excuse. Or should I just tell her the truth??

Neoscarecrue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would chose C.
You "heard" things about her?Screw that talk about her past.the past is the past.you've got a girl with high intrest who i guess is pretty nice looking.i'd be a grown up and see if i could talk to her,but don't act like it upsets you.just ask about the rumor and believe what she says.if you can deal with it,then stay together,but quit being a mouse and be that Alpha Male and say whatever is on your mind.
Sky B

big dizzle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most likely the past will repeat itself. I still say give her a chance and get to know her more before you sleep with her. That way you can find out if she is a decent girl before you commit yourself anymore. Keep what you heard in your head and treat it as a blessing bc you know something about her taht she is not aware of. Stay with her but keep your eyes open for any tendencies of her repeating her past;if she does start that shyt be out like a fetus!

Dizz

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep what you heard in your head and treat it as a blessing bc you know something about her taht she is not aware of

Big Dizzle knows his $hit! Gather as much info about her as you can and keep it to yourself. Also, notice the things she says opposed to what she 'does'. Know what I mean?

Stay with her but keep your eyes open for any tendencies of her repeating her past;if she does start that shyt be out like a fetus!

Exactly. Pay attention bro, look out for those small details.

Something else you may want to do, is listen closely to her stories. You'll be surprised at how details change if it's a lie.

GrandMaster

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you still want to diss her, which i wouldn't, then it doesn't fuc king matter which option u choose really, cause anyway you're the man, you don't ****ing care what she thinks about you if you diss her, do you?!?

darthsidious

Banned
Reaction score
you did not tell us what "kind" of a past she had and when this "past" occured. provide us with the details stormtrooper.

darth yoda

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interested I am in finding out this one's past...or at least what you "think" is her past. Be wary of things you hear...consider the source, and their motive(s).

A crack***** is she? Perhaps had an orgy with a few fellas at the gym? What is it, my young padawan, that makes you reluctant to proceed?

cave dweller

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Her past

ok,

A snapshot of her past is a blue print of her future. (most people don't change)

So,

Keep that in mind and 'hit that thing' knowing, that some day, you will walk away.

cave dweller

core

Reaction score
brush it off and don't let it bother you. her interest level will not remain high if you start acting like one of her girlfriends. go after what you want and don't assume things. if you start personally seeing things she does that you do not like then you can decide what to do.

drZaius09

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I want to know what she did, and why that is such a concern for you now.

If every girl I dated knew of my sordid past, they would be running for the hills like the san francisco f*cking gold rush. Do you think that's fair? Have you ever slept with some pig that you don't want to be reminded of? How would you like it if everyone remebered you as 'the guy who f*cked Sally Rottencrotch' because you were once a drunken, desperate AFC with no prospects?

We are all Recovering AFCs here... so people can change. Do you want to be called an AFC the rest of your life because you made a few mistakes without knowing better? Please.... grow up, all of you.