Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Teeth shifting after braces

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I had braces over 12 yrs ago for 5 years for a severe overbite (buckteeth). I don't know if it is my imagination, but I think they might shifted forward a little bit. Anyone else have this problem?

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, my dog ate my retainer and I didn't get a new one for a few months and mine shifted a little too. When I finally got a new retainer it hurt like hell for a week but it fixied them. Just make sure you wear your retainer often, I wear mine whenever im sleeping.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Yeah, my dog ate my retainer and I didn't get a new one for a few months and mine shifted a little too. When I finally got a new retainer it hurt like hell for a week but it fixied them. Just make sure you wear your retainer often, I wear mine whenever im sleeping.
Well, I had to wear a retainer too, but those days are long gone. I am talking about noticing a shift way after the braces and retainer are off.

stonedface

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's always a chance of the teeth shifting back to the original positions long after the treatment especially when your post treatment positions are far away from the pre treatment positions ie the post treatment positions are not as stable as we wanted. For severe cases the dentist may advise the patient to wear the retainers permanently(at night).

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If i don't put the retainer overnight the next time it hurts a lot more.

What im feeling is some of my teeth are actually kind of lose (the 3rd and 4th specifically). I have gotten the braces off last September and am wondering if this is just a temporary thing ?

Shiftkey

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mahon83050 said:
Well, I had to wear a retainer too, but those days are long gone. I am talking about noticing a shift way after the braces and retainer are off.
Orthodontists are now saying that you always have to use a retainer at night for this exact reason.

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score

OzyBoy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score