"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Teen Tours

werdmaster

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
108
Reaction score
0
Has anyone ever gone on a teen tour before? I was thinking about it, but I dunno. Also, im 16 is that too old to go on one? Suppose i were to go next year, being 17 wud that be weird?

Please share some past experiences.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

oakraiderz2

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 26, 2002
Messages
4,626
Reaction score
28
Age
40
Location
Colorado
What the hells a tour???
 

Capi Crimini

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
855
Reaction score
0
Location
Hell
You mean like a trip to Europe?
 
Joined
Nov 24, 2003
Messages
85
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
S FLA
I went last summer when I was 16 and it was amazing. There was like a 3-1 ratio of girls to guys on mine and almost all of us hooked up at least with one of them. If you ask me, trip of a lifetime. A lot of them went to Europe this year but we just went to the west coast and vegas. So I think your definately nto too old if its your thing.
 

Omega

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
1
Age
38
EUROTRIP!!!!!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Poppin' Tags

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Springfield, IL
I got back from Italy a week ago. I was on an EF tour with a group from my school of about 45 people. I highly reccomend seeing Italy, if only for a day or two. Very beautiful country.

Honestly I would have rather got a few friends together and went exploring on our own. Curfew is a *****, especially if you like to party and want to meet alot of sexy Italian girls (or spanish tourists. God i had a good time :D)

It is also pretty damn annoying having a set schedule. If I really liked something, I wasnt always able to stay long enough because we had to be somewhere, and if I got bored I was stuck walking with the group. In Pompei it rained and it was cold, wet, and muddy. Pompei probably would have interested me if it wasnt so unpleasant out.

Also chaperones were b.tches. They let us drink sometimes, but they got really pissed when we showed up drunk and even GROUNDED most people the next night.

If you dont mind curfews, set schedules, B!tch chaperones, and TERRIBLE food (the tour set up breakfast/dinner and we usually ate hotel food... Blech), then a tour is perfect for you. Just go with some friends or by yourself...find a good deal on plane tickets and walk around on your own. If you dont like that then make friends with some English-speaking people (i dont even think i saw Italians in Rome and Capri besides the ones working there.) and go along with them.
 
Top