Teasing And Talking Trash About Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello,
I am 18 years old and im a senior. I've been getting teased a lot lately, and people just talking trash about me aloud as if I am not even there. My self-esteem is really low and my feelings are really hurt. The worst part is that I don't know how to overcome that. I feel like a big loser. I know is wrong to think negatively, but it's hard to overcome this situation since there are people making fun of me. Does any of you felt bad when you were treated like a stupid clown? I know that I'm Chinese, and English is my second language. I am not eloquet enough to have comebacks, and I don't want to get my butt kick well. Does anybody in this forum give some feel pointers to make me feel more positive next time?? I hate being treated so poorly. Since I heard that violence isn't the answer, are there anyways to make myself don't feel down next time when situation like this happens?? Not only in high school, but your pointers might just help me out in my future as well.

thank you

saminex

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you let others bring u down they will. Adolesence can smell "non-confidence" and will pick at it like pirahnas. My advice is to be confident. I know some fobs who are very popular....why? because they spew confidence. They don't care what people think of them. See high school kids are immature, they're like pavlovs dog. When they tease you, you most likely respond and they laugh and have a good time. Next time they tease you act like you dont hear it, dont respond. sooner or later the teasing will stop.

ak5

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignoring works but lol I would just laugh and go, your not saying something cuz its true...to the person I were making fun of..

upandown101

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey wats up I used to have this same problem about a year ago. They teased me about everything it sucked, but showing confidence is easy to say, but not to do. What I did was i started listening to comedy(this helps you learn how to use comebacks very well). I watched the people that seemed to know what they were doing and were popular, and somewhat copy all their techniques into my own really good one. I started talking slower, walking, slower and doing everything at a much slower pace. I stopped drinking caffeine which can make you look fidgety and nervous. Be ****y and funny and convince yourself that everyone wants to be around you.

RogueX

Reaction score
The best advice is to just smile and go on, but if you want quick results....

The next time someone directy insults you tell them to shut up or you will make them shut up. If they say something just bust him right in the nose- dont hesitate, just do it. Thats what my dad told me to do in 7th grade when I had the same problem. I did it and guess what? No one has picked on me since.

Of course you will probably get suspended at school (I did) but it's worth it.

Mr. Debonaire

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by RogueX
The best advice is to just smile and go on, but if you want quick results....

The next time someone directy insults you tell them to shut up or you will make them shut up. If they say something just bust him right in the nose- dont hesitate, just do it. Thats what my dad told me to do in 7th grade when I had the same problem. I did it and guess what? No one has picked on me since.

Of course you will probably get suspended at school (I did) but it's worth it.
two things

one, don't say this unless your actually going to back it up, or you'll just get it even worse for daring to be defiant

two, make sure your stnading close enough to deliver, or the guy has lots of time to get ready for you while you walk over

familyguyfan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, most cases don't need to be solved with fights, but sometimes you just gotta hit back, even if the abuse was verbal.

I agree with the person who told you to watch more comedy things. Watch lots of comedy movies as well as shows like Family Guy, Seinfeld, and the Simpsons. Watch the people that are ****y, funny, and witty and make notes on their behavior. These should help you get some good comebacks and stuff.

And here's a good one I've used that's gotten a lot of laughs:

When they insult you say "Ohhh man. That was a low blow! But I guess you're used to giving those huh..."

xomel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll help you bud. But before I can tell us more about WHY people are talking trash and teasing you... give us your guesses, etc.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
just forget the asswholes and move on man. life is to short to have enemies.you will be graduating soon so its not like its a issue that will follow you everywhere.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don't you cry about it on livejournal instead of here.

:emo:

Status
Not open for further replies.