Taurine

Zerix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How useful is this supplement? I couldn't really find any info on it on bodybuilding.com

Is it meant to be taken before your workout as a little boost or something?

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are studies on it 50/50 as in 50 swing one way, 50 swing the other. There is nothing yet that is SOLID like you would find for creatine studies.

My suggestion is to not worry about it unless it comes in a supplement you use. There is some in mine, but the product I use I do not use it because of it. It just happened to be added.

The boards here are not usually places people talk TONS about supps. bb.com is better to get all nitty gritty.

Most people will tell you that they will do you no good if your training isn't there nor your food intake, rest, etc etc.

So first and foremost, make sure ALL of the above is set. I think supplements are great and many advancements in them and what not, and I love the industry, but what I DO NOT LIKE is when people JUST start lifting and then they ask about supplements.

Now I dont mean you, I just mean the kid who goes... What supp stack should I take and it is his first day in the gym.

You should have a solid routine down, diet down, your rest, and everything else figured out and IMO done for a bit before you start taking supplements.

What happens is too many younger people, and people in general RELY on them. They are supplements. Look up the word. They are to SUPPLEMENT everything and not TAKE PLACE OF.

I know people who take all sorts of crap and say they take NO XPLODE and this and that, and they STILL look like crap or are partially fat or weak or what ever.

Just cause you take a supplement doesn't mean it is a cure all.

Anyway, just some info :up:

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Omen said:
There are studies on it 50/50 as in 50 swing one way, 50 swing the other. There is nothing yet that is SOLID like you would find for creatine studies.

My suggestion is to not worry about it unless it comes in a supplement you use. There is some in mine, but the product I use I do not use it because of it. It just happened to be added.

The boards here are not usually places people talk TONS about supps. bb.com is better to get all nitty gritty.

Most people will tell you that they will do you no good if your training isn't there nor your food intake, rest, etc etc.

So first and foremost, make sure ALL of the above is set. I think supplements are great and many advancements in them and what not, and I love the industry, but what I DO NOT LIKE is when people JUST start lifting and then they ask about supplements.

Now I dont mean you, I just mean the kid who goes... What supp stack should I take and it is his first day in the gym.

You should have a solid routine down, diet down, your rest, and everything else figured out and IMO done for a bit before you start taking supplements.

What happens is too many younger people, and people in general RELY on them. They are supplements. Look up the word. They are to SUPPLEMENT everything and not TAKE PLACE OF.

I know people who take all sorts of crap and say they take NO XPLODE and this and that, and they STILL look like crap or are partially fat or weak or what ever.

Just cause you take a supplement doesn't mean it is a cure all.

Anyway, just some info :up:
:up: :up: :up:

eldafar

Don Juan
Reaction score
IA says Taurine can work just as well as creatine. You use it in a manner similar to creatine.

You can try it if you want, see if it works for you.

eldafar

Don Juan
Reaction score
No problem. Since it works similarly to creatine, I wouldn't think taking both at the same time is wise. Try one first, see if it works for you. If it doesn't try the other and see how it fares. Compare the two and see which ones works better for you.

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eldafar said:
No problem. Since it works similarly to creatine, I wouldn't think taking both at the same time is wise. Try one first, see if it works for you. If it doesn't try the other and see how it fares. Compare the two and see which ones works better for you.
It does not work similar to creatine, and is no way in the same category. You may hear that it can expand cells to hold water, hence why people say it is like creatine in the water aspect, but it is in no way going to do what creatine will do.

You CANNOT replace creatine with taurine.

eldafar

Don Juan
Reaction score
My fault, I was wrong.

So what do you suggest, Omen?

Omen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
eldafar said:
My fault, I was wrong.

So what do you suggest, Omen?
Read post #3 by me, mostly towards the middle to end, and if that is all there, then I would suggest you try creatine and see how it works for you. The plain monohydrate you can try, or you can get some with a blend of CEE, AKG, magnesium Chelate, Dicreatine malate... What ever. Some respond better to others. The monohydrate is still your old school stuff, and many use it, but again you'll have to try it.

The two that seem to work the best for ME (this is me) are the Magnesium Creatine Chelate and the DiCreatine Malate. 2,500mg of each. I may take less as well to see how I respond to a little less so I can get more servings for my money.

I started this cycle with something else, then got sick, so I had to drop it, and i'll start again monday.

Always seems to be when you are ready to start a new regimen, supp stack, eating plan, or what ever, you get sick. Or at least I do. :down:

Like I said, if you want to try other forms, you can. The Green MAGnitude by Controlled Labs is about $35 for 80 serv. If you do a tad less of it, you can probably string it out to almost 100 serv.