Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tattoos

falconslax89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How many of you guys sport tattoos? Are they visable or can you hide them with something simple like a t shirt...

i got my first tattoo a few days ago. its an image of a gold scorpion pendant my uncle gave my dad when he was young and then my dad passed on to me and i will hopefully give to my son one day. its done in black and grey and is on my upper left arm easily hidden when need be. i really wanted something with meaning and after much deliberation decided on this. my mom, my dad, and myself were all born within five days of each other and are all scorpios so i thought it would be fitting as i love them both very much...hopefully my mom likes it (she doesnt know yet)

what are your guys experiences and feelings toward tattoos? how have women reacted to yours? i wanna hear the good and the bad!!

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 3.
Two of my own design on each arm and one on my back. I had them done specifically on areas that I could cover up very easily.

Right now, the responses to me having them have always been favorable. Not only that, but they are great conversation pieces - great icebreakers sometimes.

I've never heard an "Oh tattoos suck" from anyone nor have they said that they look bad at all. I think it helps that all 3 mean something to me and they usually dig the fact that two of them were drawn up by myself.

DonJuanit0

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 2 and on Wednesday I'm going for my 3rd one!

Same as Kailex! It's all cool and nice! Neither have I heard anyone saying that tattoos sux!

Hiding them is not only about people but also for your future work! I don't know about the other countries but here in Greece I think it would be a taboo to hire someone having tattoos on his arms for a really good job, even if it was an office one!

Sir Psycho Sexy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have three, a bull head on my upper thigh, a sun on my shoulder, and my last name on my achilles heel. All are black and on the left side of my body.

I get lots of compliments when people see them

Capodeciña

Don Juan
Reaction score
Copacabana Beach playing Butt Samba with Brazilian
I have atleast over 12 individual Tattoos. They look more than they are.

Girls love ink, some more than others but the majority love a guy who has some tatts. I'm into my Prison Art/ Chicano (Hynas, Pin up girls, lowriders, money, lifestyle, fast lane) style ink which may label me a SERIOUS Badboy stereotype, but my babyface says otherwise.

I got asked on Huntington Beach if I've ever been to the joint and tipped up with some PENI Prison Gang once LOL. Why? I don't know, I have a full set of hair on my mop. But yeah dude, girls love a man who has some artwork done on him. Check out Rugercustomtattoos.com for an idea of my type of thing, they're the best tattooists I've seen yet (inked alot of Kat V Don's bodywork)

WaterTiger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a woman, I don't have any problem with tatts as long as they are kept within reason. I think tatts on the face, neck or hands/fingers are thugish and not attractive. Also obvious vulgaities like "F*CK YOU!!!" on the forehead (actually saw this on a guy in San Francisco!) I don't find cool.

The one Falconlax has, however, is SEXY!

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have one on my deltoid as well but on my left side. I've always gotten good responses for it because 1) It's very meaningful to me in memory of an important person, 2) My artist was a butcher, dug deep into my skin that I wanted to cry so bad, but on the brightside the texture is sick.

falconslax89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yea ive found that both girls and guys have responded pretty well to it...although ive only had it for a few days. i think if its meaningful to you what other people think shouldnt matter. period. compliments are always nice though...now i just have to decide what is meaningful enough to get tattooed on me next!

jnice48146

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 3 with plans for many more. Chicks usually dig 'em. I've never been told, "Gee jnice48146, I'd love to go out with you, but I can't because you have tattoos." On the contrary, I've been told that the tatts caused a girl or two to notice me.......

terran2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been wanting a couple for years now, I'll go check out a couple tattoo places and see whuddup

Capodeciña

Don Juan
Reaction score
Copacabana Beach playing Butt Samba with Brazilian
WaterTiger said:
As a woman, I don't have any problem with tatts as long as they are kept within reason. I think tatts on the face, neck or hands/fingers are thugish and not attractive. Also obvious vulgaities like "F*CK YOU!!!" on the forehead (actually saw this on a guy in San Francisco!) I don't find cool.

The one Falconlax has, however, is SEXY!
Neck? I'm not so certain about that.

That means 99.9% of the females I've interacted with lied to me, because they've ALL said tattoos (Specifically Neck) were SEXY, but I guess thats not you're preference :whistle:

Some Goths have numerous tattoos on the hand, neck or/and face yet aren't thuggish?

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont have a tattoo yet, but I am absolutely planning on getting one someday when Im a little bit older. Im still only in HS, so its kinda early for a tat, not to mention my parents would flip if I got one. Although I do go away to college in a few months hehe.

I definitely plan on getting something very meaningful though, something that I will be able to look at in the mirror for the rest of my life and absolutely love it every single day. Right now im thinking of getting the quote in my signature on my upper back with some cool designs running through it.

As for the ladies, I know for a fact that almost all of them LOVE tattoos. It definitely is a great ice breaker, and depending on the spot, it can allow you to sometimes show off the biceps or six pack to a girl. Im saying this because one of my good friends has a tattoo on his bicep and another on on the side of his ribs. If we're ever hanging with girls weve just met, theyll go crazyyy over him once they find out he has a tattoo. Bigtime IOIs.

EDIT: And falcon that tattoo is sick

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have any at this point, and am not really looking to.

This is going to sound snobbish, but I see a lot of guys in their 20's who have these things, and it seems like 90% of them are typical "low-class" types. I'm looking to graduate from a 4-year school next spring and I want to get a respectable, white-collar job.

Does that mean I can't get a tat somewhere hideable? No, but I look around at the guys I see sporting tats, and they're usually the guys who don't have much going for them in terms of bright futures. On the same token, girls who have tattoos really turn me off. Usually they come with strange piercings, weird attitudes/behaviors, and smoking (huge turn-off!).

katzorange

Don Juan
Reaction score
falconslax89 said:
wow your tatted up pretty hard...the sleeve is sick. i definitely think its tight but idk if i have the balls to get a whole sleeve, though deep down ive always wanted one

and thanks eaglez i appreciate it

thanks man... im starting up my next sleeve for the other arm couple of weeks from now... that will be a 9 hour sitting ugh...

falconslax89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JCballin88 said:
I don't have any at this point, and am not really looking to.

This is going to sound snobbish, but I see a lot of guys in their 20's who have these things, and it seems like 90% of them are typical "low-class" types. I'm looking to graduate from a 4-year school next spring and I want to get a respectable, white-collar job.

Does that mean I can't get a tat somewhere hideable? No, but I look around at the guys I see sporting tats, and they're usually the guys who don't have much going for them in terms of bright futures. On the same token, girls who have tattoos really turn me off. Usually they come with strange piercings, weird attitudes/behaviors, and smoking (huge turn-off!).
just because i might like having a few tattoos myself doesnt mean i want a girl covered in them. personally i prefer girls i get with to be tattoo free for the most part. is that a double standard and unfair on my part...maybe. thing is i dont care:cool:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have any and I don't want any. I don't care for them myself. Having said that, I do think the ladies like them. Gives you a bit more rugged appearance and they can act as a peacock item. It would probably benefit me to get one. But I have to stay true to myself. I don't like them so I won't get one.

I do think there is something of a double standard with tattoos. Guys can have a lot of them and it's fine. On women, they tend to look trashy if they have too many of them. A small one on an ankle or a little one here and there is okay, but if the girl is covered with them it's a major turnoff to me.

AmIAFC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
To the guys who don't like tats on a woman:

Do you hate tattoos in and of themselves or the potential character-flaws their presence might indicate? If the latter, what flaws are these?