"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Tao te ching

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 14, 2019
Messages
863
Reaction score
493
Age
47
Hi! Do any of you Don Juans read chinese philosophy? I hear its good for getting chicks and its ancient knowledge. I've read bits of the art of war but never the whole book. Is it worth reading the tao te ching?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

FenixRising

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2018
Messages
11
Reaction score
7
Location
Australia
Hello : ) Yes I read a bit of Chinese philosophy but I definitely still have a long way to go with completely understanding most concepts. I'd say Art of war is great for business and challenges as it obviously is a tutorial on how to win battles and wars. AS for Tao Te Ching, it has over 80 chapters and about 40 translations in Engish, so like most religious or long philosophical texts it's best to find the topic/ subject and read only that. If you read it front to back (up-to-down) it won't be easy to memorize and practice.

From chapter 57:
I take unattached action, and the people transform themselves
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
The Tao is a very good book, but deciphering what it means takes more than one translation as fenix says. Some pieces of it might be indecipherable in one translation and clear in another. But all translations are the same.

I wouldn't call it a good book for getting chicks, but it's a very good book for understanding the concept of not trying to control life and letting what you can't control just happen without judgement. aka, accepting female nature instead of fighting it. My game did improve from reading it, but only indirectly.

I recommend you read Nietzsche if you're into philosophy. That guy understood some sh!t.
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
Buying a copy of the Tao is not enough, it's nice to have a physical copy to read, but one version will make you get lost. There are websites out there that have all the translations by chapter number, side-by-side. This is what you really need in order to understand what it's trying to say.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top