Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Tao te ching

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi! Do any of you Don Juans read chinese philosophy? I hear its good for getting chicks and its ancient knowledge. I've read bits of the art of war but never the whole book. Is it worth reading the tao te ching?

FenixRising

Reaction score
Hello : ) Yes I read a bit of Chinese philosophy but I definitely still have a long way to go with completely understanding most concepts. I'd say Art of war is great for business and challenges as it obviously is a tutorial on how to win battles and wars. AS for Tao Te Ching, it has over 80 chapters and about 40 translations in Engish, so like most religious or long philosophical texts it's best to find the topic/ subject and read only that. If you read it front to back (up-to-down) it won't be easy to memorize and practice.

From chapter 57:
I take unattached action, and the people transform themselves

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Tao is a very good book, but deciphering what it means takes more than one translation as fenix says. Some pieces of it might be indecipherable in one translation and clear in another. But all translations are the same.

I wouldn't call it a good book for getting chicks, but it's a very good book for understanding the concept of not trying to control life and letting what you can't control just happen without judgement. aka, accepting female nature instead of fighting it. My game did improve from reading it, but only indirectly.

I recommend you read Nietzsche if you're into philosophy. That guy understood some sh!t.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying a copy of the Tao is not enough, it's nice to have a physical copy to read, but one version will make you get lost. There are websites out there that have all the translations by chapter number, side-by-side. This is what you really need in order to understand what it's trying to say.