"The Kiss of Death Mistake"

You replay the conversation at 2 a.m. She texted back fast yesterday. Today, nothing. Was that smile friendly or flirty? What did the shoulder touch mean?

Every hour you spend decoding her signals drains your confidence and hands her the controls. Women can sense that insecurity from across the room — and it repels them.

One of the "22 Rules" kills the obsession on the spot: assume she likes you, and act accordingly. Sounds too simple. Works anyway.

Her interest tends to rise to meet your expectations. Psychologists call it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Read more...

Talking to a girl who's constantly "under attack"?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Went out last night to a popular bar district in Baltimore and checked out a new place on a tip from a friend. Probably one of the hotter places I've been to around here. Lots of "hotties", at least by Baltimore standards. Didn't really make too many moves but just flirted around a little bit, gave some looks, got some looks, and found my "chill zone".

Early in the night, though, I had made eye contact with this cute little blond chick. I flashed her the full smile and got one right back. Later on that night, made EC, smile again. I'm thinking, "I've GOTTA talk to this girl". But every time I get close to her, WHAM, out of nowhere a couple of your typical collared frat boys are on her.

How do you approach a girl who's constantly under pressure from other guys? For one thing, I usually go out solo, so by having a friend for her friend(s) to talk to, it immediately puts me at a disadvantage. Plus, if I just go up and interrupt this guy while he's running his "game" or just intrude and try to out-alpha him, he's gonna get ticked off and want to start stuff. (I'm a pretty big guy, but again remember that he has friends with him)

And it's like this throughout the night. Always a different guy trying his luck. Some of them it seems like she knows from somewhere, others are just swing-and-a-miss. I feel like there's this "player respect code" where it'd be wrong for me to interrupt someone else's attempt at a girl. At the same time, I want her for MYSELF.

Ideas?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
My first idea was that since you had such a great response already, 'out-alpha male' her.

But you're right, you don't want to start anything.


Something I saw, that stunned me is joining the conversation.

I went to a club once and I met up some friends there. My friend was with some of his buddies too (acquaitances for me). He spotted a group of 3 or 4 girls and his first reaction was, damn. My friend told him to not even try, cuz he did and she was cold. He said, that's cuz you're black - I'm latino! And went straight for the kill.

I was amazed because these girls were already talking with 2-3 guys, one in particular (the alpha one, of course). What did the guy do? Walked straight in there, started talking with the crowd, next thing you know the guys are taking pictures of him with the girls.

Next time, just approach. You are right, you don't want to interrupt another's game, but that doesn't mean you can't play yours either. Sides, you know he can't win againts a DJ.

:D
GHOST
 

comote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2001
Messages
854
Reaction score
2
Would you take that approach when it is a one to one conversation that you are looking to break into?
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by Dee-Zy
I was amazed because these girls were already talking with 2-3 guys, one in particular (the alpha one, of course). What did the guy do? Walked straight in there, started talking with the crowd, next thing you know the guys are taking pictures of him with the girls.
That sounds good, but I'm not yet at the point where I can just infiltrate a whole group like that. You have to really have a lot of presence to join a group and take command.
 
Top