"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

talkin about other guys

L-I-B

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2003
Messages
56
Reaction score
0
Age
41
when a girl starts talkin about ex's or other guys........what are some good techniques to get the convo in another direction?
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Kraken

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2004
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Location
Canada
If that happens to me, I usually deflect the comment with a brief acknowledgement, then I gently but firmly steer the conversation in a different direction with a QUESTION. This will make her more willing to make the transition from one topic to another, and it also makes it apparent to her that you're willing to listen, just not willing to listen to her talk about other guys.
 

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 11, 2002
Messages
3,015
Reaction score
5
Originally posted by Kraken
If that happens to me, I usually deflect the comment with a brief acknowledgement, then I gently but firmly steer the conversation in a different direction with a QUESTION. This will make her more willing to make the transition from one topic to another, and it also makes it apparent to her that you're willing to listen, just not willing to listen to her talk about other guys.
Yeah very good advise. Dont let her start talking about other guys, I once did and the girl didnt fukcing stop. I ended up telling her that all this talk could not make me Jealous because I could not be Jealous. Well, after months and months of her trying, it pretty much destroyed our relationship and she did succeed. Make her stop STRAIGHT AWAY, if she doesnt, this is one situation, and I am not a firm beleiver of this policy as many of the guys on this board, but, NEXT!!
 

WTFman

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2004
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
It also depends on the ex talk. One chick I was recently with told me a pretty damn funny story about an ex of hers (he turned out to be gay). Also, since I had met her through an online site she told me about a couple disasters she had.
 
Top