Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Taking up running again.

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This weekend, on a whim, and very little training me and a buddy entered a local mile run. I ended up winning in under 6 minutes...which was an eye opener for me. I haven't been seriously training in over a few years. I've been lifting, running at about 10 minute pace on a treadmill maybe once a week and working, job is physical. The one thing I have changed lately is my diet. Bought a juicer that I use to juice mainly bulky green vegetables that I normally wouldn't eat...and eating loads more fruits. I definitely feel better, tons more energy, I sleep better and have lost 10 pounds...wasn't trying to though.

So at 38 im stoked to put down this kinda time with almost no training. I'm gonna delve in again and undoubtedly get skinnier....losing the muscle mass I.gained in the gym. Probably make me less attractive to women as a whole...but who gives a **** ....if I find myself single again, and I if I.chose to, I could gain it back. Excited about a hobby again.

Marker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep it up.

Running changed my life, both in terms of attention from women and my own confidence (those two elements are probably pretty related).

If you're worried about burning muscle off, just eat at less of a deficit. There's a lot of research saying that sprinting (like real HIIT) won't burn off too much muscle, and it always releases a lot more testosterone and HGH than distance running. Just some food for thought.

whiterock

Don Juan
Reaction score
GameofPickup you are saying right training is hardly important..
I am also doing running but for the fat loss purpose not for the racing..
and I am felling much improvement in my self regarding to my fat and breath system also..

Akcent

Banned
Reaction score
Running is the best source for keep fitness of the body and build the
stamina so i like the running work for fitness of the body.It is so good
work for quickly reduce the extra body wight.It keep control cholesterol
level in the body....
Ntep floor scale

Last edited:

disgustipated

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump for progress.

Having always favored a Lydiard style approach, I've been experimenting with Coe style lately. Very intense so far and haven't worked up to the overall workload prescribed yet. I try to at least hit the key workouts.

Time trial the other week over the same course I ran my race ...only 6 seconds slower. Suggests I'm definitely of better fitness currently. Excited about that. Would love to break 5 minutes again, especially at my age.

Mild setback. Triple combination of factors including hard work days, running in afternoon sun versus dusk, and slipping up on my diet. I feel all led to extreme fatigue, near sickness. Took a few days completely off to recover....feel better. With new shoes, ready to get back after it tomorrow. 1200 m time trial!