Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Taking suggestions from girlfriend/wife?

Paradiddle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it okay to do so? Do they think they have power over you if you seek for a genuine suggestion regarding your work, moving to a different place to settle or anything else?

P.S. please don't reply if you wanna say that men should be decisive, else you're a beta. I'm done with such comments. Please be practical.

bcude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course you can listen to what she has to say, you're in a relationship after all which calls for some kind of teamplay and incorporating eachother in big decisions, but bear in mind that it will be advice that suits her the best, or atleast what she thinks is right. Which means it's nothing more than a suggestion. Now following her advice on a consistet basis will lead to nothing but a complete meltdown of the relationship. She's your gf/wife/lover and not your counselor.
Taking advice from females is never a good thing in general, since they don't even know what they want for themselves. Ask your male friends and father first, then you can ask her if you really want to, but more in a sense of making her feel important since you're in a relationship.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
It's highly dependent on the type of advice you are seeking.

That's because women and men have different worldviews - which is gained through experiencing life per their gender.

Which means, if you are seeking advice on work then it's best to seek a man's opinion, same goes for moving to another state or area, find a man that you find respectable, he will give you an opinion that's based on his experiences that he has lived through (in a man's shoe).

However if you are seeking advice on how to manipulate men, then it's women.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO a good suggestion is a good suggestion, it doesn't matter what the source is. Refusing to follow good advice just to appear more alpha sounds asinine to me.

I would say that a girlfriend might not be the best source of advice, but it really depends on what the topic is.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the woman. Some women can give extremely practical & pragmatic advice.

Others are less intelligent or have lower EQ.

Only you know the woman you are close to.

Therefore use your own best judgment.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-objectivity can be difficult and we (men or women) can also be prone to cloudy judgement at times.

Most women that I've 'girl-friended' were highly intellectual. There were times in the past that I welcomed their perspective. Unfortunately, I could tell by their body language, that they were less comfortable viewing me in a (perceived) 'vulnerable' position ... than they were appreciative that I'd consider listening to their opinion.

Personally (due to the above mentioned reactions) I won't take this route any longer, but perhaps your mileage could vary.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only common exception is if it's s project for both of you and even then it's better if u kicked it off. E.g. the young couple next door r keeping chickens. But the guys building the coop and fences so I d say he s looking manly enough.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Self-objectivity can be difficult and we (men or women) can also be prone to cloudy judgement at times.

Most women that I've 'girl-friended' were highly intellectual. There were times in the past that I welcomed their perspective. Unfortunately, I could tell by their body language, that they were less comfortable viewing me in a (perceived) 'vulnerable' position ... than they were appreciative that I'd consider listening to their opinion.

Personally (due to the above mentioned reactions) I won't take this route any longer, but perhaps your mileage could vary.
Think of what leadership is. A leader seeks input from the tribe but will come to the best decision after considering all information. A leader doesn’t ask for suggestions. However, a leader may seek input from members who may have area of expertise (credibility) outside of the leader’s.