Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Taking A Rejection With Grace?

jake-da-snake

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are some ways to tactfully play off a rejection?

Not talking about getting over a rejection, just moving past one in a conversation in a smooth way.

Example:
*flirting with cashier at coffee shop*
Her: "That's a cool tattoo, what's the meaning behind it?"
Me: "It's a long story, but I'll tell you what; lets get coffee and I'll explain it in full. Give me your number so we can make it a date!"
Her: *nervous laugh* "Hahaha, maybe another time."
Me: Your answer here

Again, I understand getting rejected is part of approaching women and I have no problem getting over it mentally, I'd just like to handle it in a suave/funny way.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At least she came right out and rejected you. I’m finding women play more games these days than ever before. In other words most women would have said “sure here’s my number!” and then an hour before the date ghost or flake on you.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

But honestly yeah that's coming on too strong. I'd be cheeky and say 'it means we should have dinner tomorrow.' with a charming grin, rather than that few sentences with a cliff hanger question. You want to assume she's already down. If she ignores it or rejects it than I'd playfully say 'your loss' with a grin and slight shrug, then act like it never happened. Never leave the seduction mindset though, even after a rejection. This shows confidence, a laid back attitude, that she can't push you off center, and that her shot is over. She'll have to make a move if she wants any progress. Always roll with the punches. If I sit in the shop and mind my own business she may come over and give me her number later. If she doesn't oh well, her loss.

Mazer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Not talking about getting over a rejection, just moving past one in a conversation in a smooth way.

Example:
Me: "It's a long story, but I'll tell you what; lets get coffee and I'll explain it in full. Give me your number so we can make it a date!"

Again, I understand getting rejected is part of approaching women and I have no problem getting over it mentally, I'd just like to handle it in a suave/funny way.
Smirk, tell her to enjoy her day and walk away. The key is to not let it phase you. You might run into her again in the near future.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
if that was a real life example that happened then you came off very corny. u need to change your game bro. put on that alpha aura and be smooth with it.

heres my example:
cashier- "wow cool tattoo whats it mean?"

my response:
"its a secret. whats my total?"

as I pay I pull out my business card and slide it to her. it has my # and instagram. I say hit me up with a lil smirk and a wink or some **** and walk off. thats how u do this

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if that was a real life example that happened then you came off very corny. u need to change your game bro. put on that alpha aura and be smooth with it.

heres my example:
cashier- "wow cool tattoo whats it mean?"

my response:
"its a secret. whats my total?"

as I pay I pull out my business card and slide it to her. it has my # and instagram. I say hit me up with a lil smirk and a wink or some **** and walk off. thats how u do this

Is it a legit business card for a service you provide or is it just for spitting game with a player title?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
Is it a legit business card for a service you provide or is it just for spitting game with a player title?
Its legit because my biz and personal life intersect and theres no barrier. It advertises me myself as my personal brand which includes social life, hobbies, and business interest. Its not for some weak ass corporate job or anything.

Although for those who have more standard businesses, say a lawncare biz i think its best to have a social biz card for player mode and a professional one for the actual biz.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it's common to overthink this stuff. Asking or mentioning a date should be said as casually as anything else in the conversation. It's easy to pick up when someone is hanging on your decision.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should have pressed her wittily, not given up.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The iron has to be red hot before you can strike it.

Reminds me of these guys on YouTube who just go up to random girls and ask them for there number. I just cringe.
DOOOOOOOOOOOOD, you just have to run "day game" and "spin plates"! :rolleyes:

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Example:

This would be a good way to go over tinder or OLD. its direct and to the point. They know from the swipe if their down or not.

In person, you have to ease in to it a bit more. I usually get a little conversation going first - to see if I even want to spend my time with this woman...
incorporate being a challenge and some teasing, some more laid-back vibes. Just talk with them. Women constantly get bombarded in person with men who just go straight to the "Hey youre cute whats your number, lets go for a drink"
talk without the expectation that it SHOULD go somewhere. show her through your overall vibe that your confident and don't need to rush through the interaction.

It's how you look at them without the talking that gets them. That space.
It's your posture.
It's how you listen and interact with her.
Your above line is just playing to your want. Have to take her on a little ride before you take the shot. And that doesn't mean it has to be a long drawn out conversation.

CBear

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Embrace rejection. Be happy when someone rejects you after you have been clear about your intentions because you took action on how you felt. That rejection should motivate you to be better in every aspect of life so that those who rejected you regret it the next time they come across you.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smirk, tell her to enjoy her day and walk away. The key is to not let it phase you. You might run into her again in the near future.
I've never quite understood the preoccupation with smirking that guys around here have. I Googled smirk and came up with a few pics. Is this really what you are trying to portray to the world?

Have been rejected tons of times yet I am still not "over it mentally." Stings every time.
I'm with you there, I never did gain that immunity to rejection that DJs are supposed to have. Rejections have always irritated me, even if logically they shouldn't bother me.

As for a response, I always want to adopt a personality from a Western and doff my cowboy hat to her and say "You have a good day, ma'am". Only problem is I don't wear a cowboy hat...

Last edited:

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I've never quite understood the preoccupation with smirking that guys around here have. I Googled smirk and came up with a few pics. Is this really what you are trying to portray to the world?

I'm with you there, I never did gain that immunity to rejection that DJs are supposed to have. Rejections have always irritated me, even if logically they shouldn't bother me.

As for a response, I always want to adopt a personality from a Western and doff my cowboy hat to her and say "You have a good day, ma'am". Only problem is I don't wear a cowboy hat...
The smirk thing was DD advice. I never understood that either. It’s some attempt to appear ****ky.

Some attractive guys might be ****ky (due to their success), but I never believed that trying to ACT ****ky would make a guy attractive.

I also agree that the sting of rejections never goes away. To some extent, a masochistic side might be helpful to fully embrace this game. Rejections “sting” yes, but try to get some twisted pleasure out of it*.

*I mean as humor, not sexual pleasure lol.

Last edited: