Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Taking a Break

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I will be taking a break from the forum. It is no secret that I have some disagreements with the mods, but that's fine. They can moderate as they see fit, though it seems inconsistent. I don't own the website, though I would gladly pay a subscription to a redpill forum open for all topics. I will simply take a break and search for a redpill place where I can freely discuss some topics I wish to discuss freely.

I will be back and will be available to dm. Not sure of length of time I will be gone. I'll wait for the mods to settle a bit on how they wish to enforce rules and what topics they allow. I also need to "cool off."

I have received great value from this forum and I'm thankful for it. Just haven't been getting much value lately and I feel my disagreements over moderation doesn't add value to this forum and only causes me stress.

Going forward I have decided I will no longer be putting any personal photos on this site.

logicallefty

Reaction score
As I said to Black Widow Void a few minutes ago, and agreeing to disagree on the moderation issue, you've been a good member. I hope you do come back. It never hurts to take a break from SS. I once took about a two year break. But do come back. There's no community for men out there like this one. Sounds like it's been a good place for you overall. It certainly has for me.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Partition each topics on here separately.

That way you won't be so emotionally invested.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
I will be taking a break from the forum. It is no secret that I have some disagreements with the mods, but that's fine.
What a load of emotional bs you wrote. I have taken breaks throughout the years, I never told anyone. You on the other hand.... It's not about you taking a break, it is letting the mods know you don't like them, nor you like how they selected new mods. It is regression - Regression (German: Regression), according to psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, is a defense mechanism leading to the temporary or long-term reversion of the ego to an earlier stage of development rather than handling unacceptable impulses in a more adaptive way. The defense mechanism of regression, in psychoanalytic theory, occurs when an individual's personality reverts to an earlier stage of development, adopting more childish mannerisms.[1]

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Desdinova you wrote on another thread (before locking it):

The main purpose of the forum is to give men advice on dating women. Most of the things that have been deleted have nothing to do with this topic. If it's off topic, it's subject to being deleted especially if it's controversial in nature. The two biggest offenders are religion and politics, and that has never changed from the day I joined this forum back in 2001.

If you want to discuss either of those two topics, you're better off going to a different forum. If you want to discuss how to get your d1ck wet, this is the place to do it.

I'm not here to argue the rules, they are what they are and I respect them. I think a little more consistency in their application would make sense. The thread about BLM and riots, a highly controversial subject, had 750 replies. Seven hundred and fifty. And it lasted a month and was mostly civil until it unfortunately degenerated into childishness at the very end and was understandably locked. So it's no wonder people start threads like that all the time and then complain when they're locked. That is why I alluded to that thread.

logicallefty

Reaction score
@samspade You answered your own question with ”unfortunately it degraded into childishness”. We are trying to be more pro active about what degrades into childishness. There are Political topics and other key controversial topics that align with the two main political sides, left and right. These are topics that are 99% certain to lead to petty bickering and we have been closing them.

Certain key words and phrases that get members hot under the girdle: Trump, Biden, Hillary, Obama, left wing, right wing, Democrat, Republican, liberal, conservative, Antifia, BLM, KKK, mail in voting, protest, riot, and others. Then you got Covid, masks etc. That’s an interesting one because that whole business is politics to some but nothing more than current events to others. But can the two sides have a civil debate about it? Normally not. But some have and we have left those alone. Overall we are trying to be a little more proactive with stopping threads that will likely turn into petty bickering and are not allowed anyway per forum rules. And the rules do say no political thread. I have been as guilty of it if anybody else posting political stuff when I really shouldn’t have. I’m trying to do better. But for now we are going to have to keep trying to rid the forum of topics that have a history of turning ugly. Hopefully once the election is over and maybe things will settle down we can loosen up. I promise you guys, all of you, what we are doing is nothing personal.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taking a break is good. But I never understood the concept of leaving an Internet forum. This is not some destination. It’s an entertainment outlet. Like Instagram. You don’t leave Instagram or announce it, lol. You just take a break from it.
I think a few celebrities have announced taking a break from or deleting Instagram.

This is why I believe humans were meant to live in small clusters. There is no sense of community in big cities and definitely no community for men.

So many men compensate by seeing this forum as an actual destination. I don’t know if Pua lairs exist anymore but it was a great sense of community, despite the pua community being full of BS marketing dogma.

Doctors, lawyers, successful men of all of ages, and even college students would gather in a meeting at some hotel bar, or perhaps someone’s basement. We’d all get drunk and act like it was fight club. Then we’d go out to the bars and hit on women like we were going to war. It wasn’t just about women either. We’d spend all nighters doing hack-a-thons trying to create businesses. Then we’d go to the bars and get laid.
I agree that there is no community for men in real life.

Most men have limited friendships, especially unattached men 30+.

I never went to a PUA lair when they were common 10-15 years ago. To my knowledge, PUA lairs no longer exist. They sort of faded out before the pandemic hit.

Meetup.com have taken a big hit in the pandemic too. Most Meetup.com groups were a not good way to find dates.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I never went to a PUA lair when they were common 10-15 years ago. To my knowledge, PUA lairs no longer exist. They sort of faded out before the pandemic hit.
I was part of a lair in 2005.

While I fully support PUA, I can tell you that lair friends didn’t exactly make good buddies.

They were useful if you wanted to go out and needed a wing, but they only cared about puzzy so most really weren’t your “friend.”

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
While I fully support PUA, I can tell you that lair friends didn’t exactly make good buddies.

They were useful if you wanted to go out and needed a wing, but they only cared about puzzy so most really weren’t your “friend.”
That sounds about right. My closest friends are not big pusssy hounds right now and haven't been in the few years preceding the pandemic. My closest friend in my home metro area has been with the same woman since 2014. Between 2011-2014, I estimate he had sex with 35-50 different women, which is solid. It wasn't just one nights stands because if it were 1-3 night stands, the number would have been higher. He's engaged to a woman who is almost 2 years older than he is and she is a childless divorcee.

I have another friend that I met in 2011. In 2011, and he was already in a relationship for one year. He got married in 2017. This means he's now been in the same relationship for 10 years.

In my home metro area, all of my closest friends have been in the same relationship for 5+ years.

These are guys that don't care just about pusssy. The first guy I mentioned was the most pusssy focused from 2011-2014, and even he and I didn't stab each other in the back to get pusssy in that era.

In my social group, there were a few battles over women in the mid-2010s that were in our whole social sphere. The battles didn't ruin any friendships, though they made some things slightly uncomforable.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went from extreme late bloomer (28) to a dozen lays sarging near home and during trips to Vegas during the era you mentioned.

Funny enough, I didn’t have any success until I left the local lair and started gaming solo. Never had luck with a wingman.

Some highly introverted guys are natural lone wolves and need to embrace it.*

*But don’t know how practical it would be in 2020.

Last edited:

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I went from extreme late bloomer (28) to a dozen lays sarging near home and during trips to Vegas during the era you mentioned.

Funny enough, I didn’t have any success until I left the local lair and started gaming solo. Never had luck with a wingman.

Mike32ct, they were "gaming" on you in the local lair? So you had to get away to be your true self?

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct, they were "gaming" on you in the local lair? So you had to get away to be your true self?
Yes exactly. I couldn’t “click” with those guys or be my real self.

They were too rigid about using PUA methods and canned opener lines. “Natural game” was frowned upon in those days.

Finally, one night I ditched the lair guys in the club out of frustration. I dropped the techniques and approached this blonde just being myself. Got my first club makeout and a number. And she invited me to the beach at 10 pm another night lol.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes exactly. I couldn’t “click” with those guys or be my real self.

They were too rigid about using PUA methods and canned opener lines. “Natural game” was frowned upon in those days.

Finally, one night I ditched the lair guys in the club out of frustration. I dropped the techniques and approached this blonde just being myself. Got my first club makeout and a number. And she invited me to the beach at 10 pm another night lol.
I assumed the local females had been keeping you from having success.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In such few words, you touched upon some pretty important things.

Before the pandemic, Las Vegas was one of the best cities for nightlife and getting laid in bars in the USA. There were many things that made Las Vegas conducive to that sort of thing. First off, Las Vegas' reputation as a party place. When you go out to the bars in Las Vegas (near The Strip) as compared to going out to bars in any other city is that the % of people you meet in the bars are non-locals. If you're a Las Vegas local looking for a meaningful connection, you're not going to find it there. However, if you are an out-of-towner and she is an out-of-towner and you're both there because you're looking to live it up in Vegas because of Vegas' reputation, it does simplify the seduction. It also helps that Las Vegas is a recreation oriented place. It's much easier to be out at a bar at 12 AM-2 AM on an early Thursday morning in Las Vegas that it would be in your home city.

I'm not sure how much of this is coming back post pandemic.

It is possible to do night game solo. I did night game solo many times pre-pandemic as I am a bit of a lone wolf. Doing night game solo is not as big of a deal as a lot of people have it made it out to be in their minds.

Around age 30, I made the transition from more of a night game model to more of a day game model. I believe that day game is more suited for the lone wolf, introverted type than night game is. Some introverts choose to use swipe apps, but success using swipe apps is extremely difficult and the method has severe limitations. Day game isn't a perfect modality, but I think it has less downside to it.

In 2020, night game became unavailable. Its effectiveness was sinking in the 2010s anyway. More people replaced night game with swipe app game as opposed to day game, because most men don't have the guts to cold approach a woman at a nonbar venue while sober and a lot of younger women (born in 1990 or later) were raised in high tech environments and are unaccustomed to getting cold approached at a nonbar venue. Some women don't have the social skills to process such an event. Day game has higher barriers to entry, which does prevent it from being saturated and ruined like swipe apps became in the 2010s and have continued to be during the pandemic.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Local is a tough environment. But fair point.
They "gossip". So like a video game where you have a "profile", they may be maintaining a "poor" or "rigged" profile against you. Thus you might have to go to a different environment where you have a better "profile".

The deal I hate about the "gossip" profiles, is they will keep a static profile from when you were at your very WORST, and they will politic against you to keep you stuck in a position which isn't even YOU today. That profile they have for you you can degrade or decrease, but you can NEVER increase.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They "gossip". So like a video game where you have a "profile", they may be maintaining a "poor" or "rigged" profile against you. Thus you might have to go to a different environment where you have a better "profile".

The deal I hate about the "gossip" profiles, is they will keep a static profile from when you were at your very WORST, and they will politic against you to keep you stuck in a position which isn't even YOU today. That profile they have for you you can degrade or decrease, but you can NEVER increase.
Now where they have a favoritism towards a person, the profile will be "rigged" to "boost" that person, or allow them to overshadow or "steal" from you. So their profile will have exaggerated attributes in their favor which isn't even them! Kinda like the Cuomo guy lifting the fake 100lbs dumbell.

That weight might be 5lbs if that. So your guys in that environment being boosted don't have to have the attributes as you, and their preferential profile boosts them over you.

So their "favorite" is better in bed, a better guy, a bigger c0ck and NONE of it is actually true... But if you keep dealing with those females, they will make you feel degraded!

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Taking a break is good. But I never understood the concept of leaving an Internet forum. This is not some destination. It’s an entertainment outlet. Like Instagram. You don’t leave Instagram or announce it, lol. You just take a break from it.

This is why I believe humans were meant to live in small clusters. There is no sense of community in big cities and definitely no community for men.

So many men compensate by seeing this forum as an actual destination. I don’t know if Pua lairs exist anymore but it was a great sense of community, despite the pua community being full of BS marketing dogma.

Doctors, lawyers, successful men of all of ages, and even college students would gather in a meeting at some hotel bar, or perhaps someone’s basement. We’d all get drunk and act like it was fight club. Then we’d go out to the bars and hit on women like we were going to war. It wasn’t just about women either. We’d spend all nighters doing hack-a-thons trying to create businesses. Then we’d go to the bars and get laid.

I think this is the appeal of fraternities and clubs like the free masons. It gives you a sense of belonging in a world where masculinity is being attacked from every angle.

If you guys find yourself too emotionally invested in sosuave, perhaps that’s a sign you need to join some community in real life so you don’t compensate here. And if there are none, then start one yourself and instill the same principles you learned here.

You can call it “project sosuave.” There should be a project “sosuave” in every city, lol.
Yeah it is like cancelling a netflix subscription and resubscribing again later like that is supposed to make some statement.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We bring our emotions to the forum; if you are feeling in excess, maybe you need to add to your Self-Development routine.