Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Symbols of Success Unfashionable

donjuan87

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just read this article in newsweek, ( http://www.newsweek.com/id/148982 ) and I was wondering if anyone thinks that the symbols of success are going to be looked at with public distain. Things such as gas-guzzling Ferraris and Huge energy-wasting homes. Does anyone think that it will one day be looked at as earth-hating self indulgence?

Reaction score
I will comment lightly on this as some luxury items have an allure that may transcend ego.

For example I like good cloths and accessories such as watches and I-pods. Now I don't drive or own a car as some of you already know, regardless I would still love to own a 2007 Mustang or a Buell Street Fighter motorcycle. Do I need those items? No of course not, but would I like to own them, sure!

For those who purchase these items to make up for feelings of inadequacy or to make up for a lack of skill with their inner game then yes, such items only serve to give away the persons motivation for the ownership of said products. Those people who feel the need to justify or parade their value via material possessions are living a fake life.

I remember once vividly while I was tending bar in my youth a guy came in and eventually became a regular for about 3 months. Every weekend he would drive up in his porsche and bring a dupont registry magazine in with him to read while he was drinking. My job as a bartender was to promote conversation. So I get him and this girl talking, I walk away and come back to hear him talking about how he dislikes his porsche and is looking at Italian made cars. He went on about his house, his television etc etc. Very shameless and transparent.

To make a long story short the girl ended up going home with this broke ass musician that was preforming that night. This guy was barely kept, strung out tired and driving himself and his equipment around in a beat up van from the 70s. He had a game, confidence and allure that manifested to his inner worth. Meanwhile Mr. Moneybags was left holding a luke warm beer trying to make himself valuable to anyone who would listen by the objects he owned.

A car, house, income, jewelry etc etc....can all be taken from you at any moment in life. Your own personal worth and value you place on yourself as a man can never be taken from you. But it must be nurtured and developed.

Indulging yourself is fine and normal, its when greed and low self esteem drive these motivations that you become "the douche in the Hum V"

Monster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter what you do if you are successful there will always be haters. So if you like a big house, live there, if you like gas guzzlers, drive one.

edger

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A state in America that'll unmercifully leave you
The_last_Gunslinger said:
I will comment lightly on this as some luxury items have an allure that may transcend ego.

For example I like good cloths and accessories such as watches and I-pods. Now I don't drive or own a car as some of you already know, regardless I would still love to own a 2007 Mustang or a Buell Street Fighter motorcycle. Do I need those items? No of course not, but would I like to own them, sure!

For those who purchase these items to make up for feelings of inadequacy or to make up for a lack of skill with their inner game then yes, such items only serve to give away the persons motivation for the ownership of said products. Those people who feel the need to justify or parade their value via material possessions are living a fake life.

I remember once vividly while I was tending bar in my youth a guy came in and eventually became a regular for about 3 months. Every weekend he would drive up in his porsche and bring a dupont registry magazine in with him to read while he was drinking. My job as a bartender was to promote conversation. So I get him and this girl talking, I walk away and come back to hear him talking about how he dislikes his porsche and is looking at Italian made cars. He went on about his house, his television etc etc. Very shameless and transparent.

To make a long story short the girl ended up going home with this broke ass musician that was preforming that night. This guy was barely kept, strung out tired and driving himself and his equipment around in a beat up van from the 70s. He had a game, confidence and allure that manifested to his inner worth. Meanwhile Mr. Moneybags was left holding a luke warm beer trying to make himself valuable to anyone who would listen by the objects he owned.

A car, house, income, jewelry etc etc....can all be taken from you at any moment in life. Your own personal worth and value you place on yourself as a man can never be taken from you. But it must be nurtured and developed.

Indulging yourself is fine and normal, its when greed and low self esteem drive these motivations that you become "the douche in the Hum V"
Great post! I believe your story about her going home with the broke musician instead of the "wealthy" guy with the material possessions. So true.

You also mention the guy was "unkept". Yep, to all you guys who think "appearance" matters and women are so hung up on looks, I've seen plenty of hotties with these "unkept" guys. Of course you can't forget to though that his musician "status" played huge role in him going home with this chick.

Like The_Last_Gunslinger said, it's all about your confidence, allure, and game that will keep the hotties and the sex coming.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

"unkept" =! ****ty looking with smelly clothes.

I bet that fvcker spends an hour a day just to get that "out of the bed" look.

DarthAngel707

Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing about luxury items is that you will never be secure with the one that you have. People who always buy Louis Vuitton, Mercedes, Rolexes, and others are what I call "trend-*****s" and they are almost always insecure about what they already have. Yes, they have an LV bag, but look someone has a nicer one and he/she wants that one too.

In essence these people are like sheep eagerly buying whatever a major designer decides to make no matter how ugly. And if someone does see you wearing an expensive mink coat or a nice watch, it's not you that he/she wants, it's the item. These chicks will smell money on you and thats how the tone of the relationship will be set.