"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Swimming Gets Boring

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
A few weeks ago I got involved with a girl I met at a party, and at first, everything was great. We had fun on every date and I was having the time of my life.

Zoom a week into the future and I'm stuck, not sure how to act or what to do. I've DJed for over one year now and I've never had much trouble with girls (Since i started DJing...)... At least until now. The last few dates with this girl have been boring. They weren't exciting for either of us and I could tell she was dissapointed at times (I was dissapointed too..).

The problem really started once we formally began going out... Around here and at this age you actually have to ask the girl to me your gf.. going on a few dates just doesnt automatically make you her BF. I asked her to be my gf after about 3 dates and thats where i blew it.

Now that i think about it i realize my problem was that i kept thinking about her after i asked her out... Hell i still do alot. I've only had one date make out sessions for the past year and this is something new thats been messing with me.

The problem is that we are lacking the excitement we had in teh begining. When I'm around her i feel like I'm fake... I'm not myself.

I've made the decision that I'm going to give it one more date, and if the date bores me then I'm going to dump her.

But you see.. I want this girl to impress me... I want her to excite me and I want to go back to the fun we used to have.

I've made suggestions to do new, exciting things, but she never can do those and we always end up going to the movies or the pool (Both are getting stale..).

Have any ideas how can i have more fun in this relationship?

I could always get a 2nd gf... :)

What i mostly need is some cheap (Shes doesnt have much money readily available), fun date ideas.
 
Last edited:

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

MidwestFreek

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 12, 2004
Messages
209
Reaction score
0
Age
37
haha i almost got my ex to watch porn with me..her n her friend were comin over n we were gonna watch it..but her mom got all pissy n made her babysit her sister...

movies and pool..prolly get old like you said...go to the park...play on the swings...wait til it gets dark and go for a walk..go to a lake...if shes into sports...play some bball with her or something...or..if u choose to go to the mall...tell her that you 2 are going to split up and find something cheap for eachother...itll get her thinking about you im sure and plus it can give you a chance to get a relatively cheap present for her that hopefully will have some sentimental value to her...just an idea...ive never done it before..just came to me
 

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Exactly where I want to be.
Make porn with her.
 

CoRVeTTe6699

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 4, 2004
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
dont be stupid


keep her as ur girlfriend .. its someone to be with.. make it fun...

if u really cant take it.. look for a new girl friend and dump her after u got a girl u really want...

look at her as practice ;)

and about the money... be nice to her.. treat her
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Balanced

Don Juan
Joined
May 1, 2004
Messages
74
Reaction score
0
Make her get out of her comfort zone. Do something slightly illegal because thats always fun. I highly recomend stealing For Sale signs and switching them to other houses. It's fun. Be creative and make your own choices with her. Tell her you don't want to go to the pool or movies. Grow some balls.
 

kevbo

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Nov 27, 2002
Messages
220
Reaction score
0
Location
Utah
Originally posted by CoRVeTTe6699
dont be stupid

look at her as practice ;)
those two things i agreed with,



keep her as ur girlfriend .. its someone to be with.. make it fun...

if u really cant take it.. look for a new girl friend and dump her after u got a girl u really want...

and about the money... be nice to her.. treat her
this i didn't. keeping her around just for the sake of having a girlfriend is low in that you're just using her for your own image, and it shows great dependency on having a woman involved in your life. i'm about the millionth person to say it, but being a dj isn't just about women. if you trully are a dj, women are just a nice little bonus in your life.

and as for the money thing, be very careful with that. yeah, sometimes you should treat her a little, but make it rare, and therefore more special.

balanced's idea sounds good, depending on how she is. if she's a pretty strong goody-good, it'll take some time of warming her up to something like that, fun though it sounds. lol.

raven, sounds like you're on the right track. you know you don't need this particular girl. good luck dude, whatever goes down.
 

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Balanced
Make her get out of her comfort zone. Do something slightly illegal because thats always fun. I highly recomend stealing For Sale signs and switching them to other houses. It's fun. Be creative and make your own choices with her. Tell her you don't want to go to the pool or movies. Grow some balls.
Funny.. I told her just before I read that and we may go midnight bowling friday.

Speaking of doing things illegal.. or "dangerous"..

At the pool last time we got kicked into the locker rooms because of lightning and they would only let 18 year olds leave the pool unless a parent was there...

I, of course, claimed I was 18 and they believed me (I'm a big 14 year old.. 6 foot, 170)

I could now wonder freely outside of the pool and I was trying to get the girl and her friends to just make a break with me so we could get out of there.

Sure.. It wasn't that "dangerous" but they were still scared to do it. The Lifeguards weren't going hunt us down or anything and I would have felt badass for some reason... Lol...
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
You don't ask a girl to be your girlfriend at whatever age. You make your moves and if she wants it, she'll ask for it. And by move, I mean the first kiss and so on. Awkwardness can start otherwise.
 

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by NRM
You don't ask a girl to be your girlfriend at whatever age. You make your moves and if she wants it, she'll ask for it. And by move, I mean the first kiss and so on. Awkwardness can start otherwise.
Hah... Of course I took care of that stuff... We went on about 4 dates before I asked her and her IL was way up there. If you dont ask the girl out at my age and where i live then you wont be considered Bf/Gf.. that simple.. doesnt make a differance what you say on here, It's how it is. In Fact... I've decided it's all under control... This is nothing i can't handle, It's just another girl... Moderators feel free to delete this post.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

blienk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
543
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by Raven125
If you dont ask the girl out at my age and where i live then you wont be considered Bf/Gf.. that simple.. doesnt make a differance what you say on here, It's how it is.
It's still completely retarded. Are you going out with her because you like her, or because you want to be viewed as boyfriend/girlfriend by others?
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
Yeah, blienk is right, that is retarded. The whole exclusive issue is better learned when you're young. You shouldn't even have to care. If you act like a couple, then the title does not matter, you're going on dates, you're doing stuff together, you ARE dating.

I'm just saying, as a guy, you shouldn't have to ask if a girl wants to be your girlfriend. You kiss her, your progress, you make out with her, eventually SHE should bring up a conversation with questions such as "Where is this relationship going?" and "Do you want to be exclusive?"

If a relationship does not start out this way, then you never know her true feelings. I'm not talking about your relationship, but I'm talking about all relationships in general. Girls, especially young girls, will go out with guys for no reason at all, or simply because they have no one else to date. That is why it's so important for them to bring up exclusive dating and you keep dating her as if you were already exclusive by kissing, making out, whatever.

But whatever works for you. You and her are just supposed to have fun together. If you two were the last two people on earth, would you have asked her to be your girlfriend? I don't think it would have mattered to you.
 

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 6, 2003
Messages
268
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by blienk
It's still completely retarded. Are you going out with her because you like her, or because you want to be viewed as boyfriend/girlfriend by others?
Because I'm intrested... But I see your point.

One thing.. People bugged us about every 5 minutes (literally) saying "Are you going out yet?"... It was a real pain after a little while. To make them shut up I had to ask her so that we were going out in their minds.

and you keep dating her as if you were already exclusive by kissing, making out, whatever.
Already under control :).
 
Top