Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Swimmer's body?

floydtheater07

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, any suggestions here for a 5'7'', 130 pound guy who wants to get that lean, defined swimmer's look? Aside, of course, from the obvious. I'm a horrible swimer so swimming won't work too well for me.

Thanks.

floydtheater07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Monster said:
How about lifting and running and stop going to Burger King

Well considering I only weigh 130, don't you think it's fair for an educated person to assume that I don't go to Burger King? I was simply asking if their was a special program to achieve those desired effects. Lifting can also be employed if a person wants to bulk up, but that's not my intention.

wabu07

Don Juan
Reaction score
well if u want to look like a runner then run if you want to look like a couch potato then sit on your couch if you want to look like swimmer well ... learn to swim and incorporate weight training. in other words your body will adapt.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can still have a high bf% at 130. The key is cutting body fat for that definition look, don't listen to any of that high reps for definintion crap. I would HIGHLY suggest learning to swim though and the local pools at rec centres aren't that deep anyway... wear a life jacket if you got to.

floydtheater07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Heart Break Kid said:
You can still have a high bf% at 130. The key is cutting body fat for that definition look, don't listen to any of that high reps for definintion crap. I would HIGHLY suggest learning to swim though and the local pools at rec centres aren't that deep anyway... wear a life jacket if you got to.

I can swim. If I had to save my life by swimming, I would not panic because I can do it. I just have horrible form and don't think I can do myself much good if I swim for hours with bad form.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're fat at 130 lbs you HAVE NO MUSCLE. How can you have definition? Defining of what? Your bones?

floydtheater07

Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
If you're fat at 130 lbs you HAVE NO MUSCLE. How can you have definition? Defining of what? Your bones?

I never said I was fat...

However, I would like to have more muscle, but I don't want to have that bulky look. When one considers that I am a hard-gainer, then I think I need to carefully consider how much cardio I do in relation to how much lifting I do. That is why I am looking for suggestions.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if you wanna look like a swimmer, swim.

if you wanna look like a runner, run.

if you wanna look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club, go on a salad+water diet for a year.

if you wanna whine about being a hardgainer when I doubt you're eating or training anything like how you have to grow, be my guest.

if you wanna have a good degree of musculature and a low bodyfat, get on a nice strength-based routine based around compound exercises, eat lots of quality food and listen to what the people on here say.

or hit me up for training (shameless plug). :D

(otherwise there's plenty of info on the basics on here)

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
floydtheater07 said:
However, I would like to have more muscle, but I don't want to have that bulky look. When one considers that I am a hard-gainer, then I think I need to carefully consider how much cardio I do in relation to how much lifting I do. That is why I am looking for suggestions.
130 lbs you are absolutely no where near "that bulky look." You don't just trip over a rock and end up bulky.

I'm sick of this hard gainer crap. It's an excuse to be lazy. Fvcking eat, ya pansies. Like 1% of people who say they are hardgainers are hardgainers and even THEY don't know that because they've never bothered to eat like hogs or get anywhere close to a proper hardgainer routine.

Sh1t man, everyone can't have below average genetics.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
makes you wonder who's got the good ones, they seem to have a monopoly on the hardgainer gene on this board.. :D

floydtheater07

Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
130 lbs you are absolutely no where near "that bulky look." You don't just trip over a rock and end up bulky.

I'm sick of this hard gainer crap. It's an excuse to be lazy. Fvcking eat, ya pansies. Like 1% of people who say they are hardgainers are hardgainers and even THEY don't know that because they've never bothered to eat like hogs or get anywhere close to a proper hardgainer routine.

I really hate when people claim that hard-gainers are not trying. Go to a crowded public place and take a look around. You will see a lot of skinny guys, and it is unreasonable to assume that they all under-eat.

I am much smaller than many of my friends, and I eat just as much as them. More, actually, if you count protein shakes, which I consume on a daily basis. For three months I maintained a steady workout routine and ate as much as I felt I could and showed literally no discernible improvement in terms of muscle growth. When I try to eat even more than I feel I can handle, I just get sick. Some people simply do not have the appetite.

I work very hard and push myself much more than the average guy at my college and am still small, so please, don't be ignorant and say that people who refer to themselves as hard-gainers are lazy.

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you're far far from a bulky look. im you're same height and weigh about 50 pounds more and dont consider myself bulky. when i was 5'7 130lb about 5 years ago i was skinny as a ****ing toothpick with no body fat.

bman

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
floydtheater07 said:
I really hate when people claim that hard-gainers are not trying. Go to a crowded public place and take a look around. You will see a lot of skinny guys, and it is unreasonable to assume that they all under-eat.

I am much smaller than many of my friends, and I eat just as much as them. More, actually, if you count protein shakes, which I consume on a daily basis. For three months I maintained a steady workout routine and ate as much as I felt I could and showed literally no discernible improvement in terms of muscle growth. When I try to eat even more than I feel I can handle, I just get sick. Some people simply do not have the appetite.

I work very hard and push myself much more than the average guy at my college and am still small, so please, don't be ignorant and say that people who refer to themselves as hard-gainers are lazy.
i know exactly what you mean. you need to do some heavy low rep lifting. squats, deadlift, bench, etc. thats what did the trick for me.

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you eating a pretty big meal every 3 hours with high protein and fat? If not you can improve. I think it was Warboss who said in his first two meals he gets 160g of protein. That is how you build muscle.

DarthJuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm your height and use to weigh 120lbs.
I bulked up to about 153lbs..
I'm down to 140lbs now because I had pneumonia. But my arms are a little bigger than they were when I was 153lbs.

I'd say they are mostly right when they say there are no hard gainers. We're just bad eaters - inconsistent eaters. We have some big meals here and there. But we are like gas guzzling, high performance cars - we burn through fuel like a V12 engine. We gotta keep a steady, uninterruptible supply of gasoline, because our engine is always revved high, it's never purring idly.

I've done crazy-ass workouts. Like full body workouts for two to three hours, every day, four or five days a week. To workouts every other day, to ones that were only once a week. High reps/lower weight, low reps/heavy weights. I've even done two workouts per day.

It'd didn't really matter what type of workout I was doing, or if I was over training: as long as I was eating enough of the stuff I needed to eat, I got bigger. It was only when I wasn't being VERY consistent in eating CONSTANTLY, that I wasn't making gains.

I always thought I use to eat a lot. A lot of us hard gainers have that mistaken impression. It's not till you actually put on some weight that you look back and see how little we actually did eat.