Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sweet guy = bad?

oldguy

Reaction score
Is a person who you are interested in constantly saying how "sweet" you are ALWAYS the kiss of death?

Victory Unlimited

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo Oldguy,

I would tend to think that "yes", being frequently called a "sweet guy" is mostly bad news for any man romantically and/or SEXUALLY interested in that woman.

The only exception I would think of would be those times IN BETWEEN SEX when she calls you that while she's still lying, butt-booty nekkid in bed next to you.

And I say "in between sex" because if you're called "sweet" before you have sex with her------then, in her mind, you MAY have yet to convince her of your sexual attractiveness or prowess. And if you're called "sweet" AFTER you've had sex with her-----then in her mind, you MAY have somehow disappointed her with your sexual performance.

BUT...if she calls you "sweet" during those intermittant moments when her lungs have only barely adequately recovered from the SCREAMING ORGASMS you're still in the process of giving her------then you have NOTHING to worry about...lol

the_absolute

Don Juan
Reaction score
If she says it like she's surprised that's fine. The other day I texted a complement one of the girls I date after we hung out and before she went away with her mother for xmas. She was very surprised and exclaimed that it was SO SWEET! I let her think that for a while but then reminded her that I'm not known for my sweetness. To that she said flattery is evil...

If you have to constantly defend yourself against accusations of being evil, women perceive you as more sexual than normal. Top that off with charm and manners that exceed those of the chumps who complain about your bohemian approach and you're well away with any of their girlfriends if you want. Remember, all women are secretly evil too.

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t think so. There is a woman I know who always tells me that I’m the “sweetest man”. She is also very much in love with me.

the_absolute

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess it depends on what you want out of life. If you want a woman who expects to be "in love" and blah blah all the time then I suppose "sweet" can work for you.

Personally I prefer the alpha female.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Female players go after "sweet" guys. Basically she see's you like the female of the two. Some predatory women want that but if u aim to be a dj then it's very bad. In my nice guy past iv had women that wanted to **** me who iv not due to not wanting to go too fast and from that point on they started calling me sweet and in the end I got nowhere.

I get the feeling that women want to tame a player/save them even and with sweet nice guys there's no challenge.

insidious

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on the context.
As you describe it, I think it's
pretty much a BS filler term
she uses to describe you because she has nothing
better to say and you don't really incite
any strong feelings or emotions in her. Sweet
is the word nice, polite women resort to when
they have nothing nice to say.

Sweet is not passionate, and it sure
as hell isn't sexual. The fact this girl has used
it more than once doesn't bode well. If anything
you should only allow a girl to use it once when describing you,
and after that it should be other stronger, juicier phraseology. :p

the_absolute

Don Juan
Reaction score
d9930380 said:
Female players go after "sweet" guys. Basically she see's you like the female of the two. Some predatory women want that but if u aim to be a dj then it's very bad. In my nice guy past iv had women that wanted to **** me who iv not due to not wanting to go too fast and from that point on they started calling me sweet and in the end I got nowhere.

I get the feeling that women want to tame a player/save them even and with sweet nice guys there's no challenge.
You're right, man. I usually tell extremely hot *****es who already respond that I'm only interested in them to subjugate them, I talk about gross stuff as well.

grinder

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You’ll never know unless you make a move. And do it fast.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tone of voice is everything. if she's saying you are sweet in the same tone of voice as she'd say 'thank you' for holding a door open for her, then no, it doesn't mean anything.

if she's saying it with the tone of voice that suggests she is saying 'you know, i put you on a higher plateau than i do other guys. there is something special about you." then its a positive thing.

but to be totally honest with you, you should be able to gauge whether she is in to you as more than a friend by other signals.

and you know, nothing is 100% full proof. a few years ago i had this woman give me every friggin buy sign you can get. i mean, i thought for sure when i asked her out it would be a go. then when i asked her out, i got the proverbial 'ummm we probably shouldn't, im currently seeing someone.' ya, i know, i probably could have landed her given her ambigiuty, but personally i don't get steal chics away (either they come on their own, or i just walk away).

but point is i chalked her up to being an attention wh*re.

now, having said all of that, what is 100 times more important than her calling you 'sweet', is whether or not you are interested in her. if you are, then start using kino and being ****y and funny and see how she responds. if she is receptive, then take things further and ask her out.

worse that happens is you get shot down like i did. hey, i lived :) its not the end of hte world.

d9930380

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If she says that u are good guy then thats a good thing however sweet and nice are basically the same. Im pretty sure about this because the girls that have called me this where really hot for me until i started acting afc and too romantic too early, i think a girl wants these qualities later on in a LTR but initially it causes a girl to run to the hills because while i was like this a girl actually said that i would make a perfect boyfriend if i wasn't so nice and therefore unable to get them initially.

In addition to what i said above i also don't think girls want to risk hurting a sweet guy so that sort of scares them away but maybe that's just hoping for the best in people.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
d9930380 said:
In addition to what i said above i also don't think girls want to risk hurting a sweet guy so that sort of scares them away but maybe that's just hoping for the best in people.
That's it right there...if you are "too sweet" women won't take a chance of "hurting you" until they are sure you are the real deal. IE, they think by having sex with you, you will put too much of an emotional investment in them, that if it doesn't work out, they will feel too much guilt for hurting such a nice guy.

It's a catch-22. I would say that the sweet comment really depends upon the type of woman that said it, and like joekerr said, what context it was in.

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t think you guys know what you’re talking about.

Firstly, women don’t reject guys because they’re too nice; they reject them because they’re physically unattractive, too dorky, or socially incompatible.

“Sweet” is not a condescending term as “nice” has become. I’m an artist and whenever I display a new piece and someone uses the word “sweet” it is always in the spirit of enthusiastic appreciation.

Not long ago I was hanging out and, as usual, I found myself off to the side sitting with a small group of women. One of the girls was complaining about her boyfriend and getting the other girls in an “all guys are idiots” mood. One of the girls, who had an obvious crush, grabbed my arm and said, “not potato”, with another completing the thought with, “he’s always so sweet”. I didn’t go sexless that night.

I have a somewhat regular girlfriend; we hook up about once a month or so. She always calls me, “Sweetheart” and has been for about three years now.

My favorite girlfriend, the one I mentioned in my earlier post, always uses the word “sweet” when talking about me. She says I do the “sweetest” things. She’s not exactly giving me the brush off.

the_absolute

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's how "sweet" i am:

i boned this 9 last night. She wanted me after I got kino on about 20 diff females in the club we went to together. Anyway, she invited me in, gave me mo9re alcohol, I picked her up carried her into her bedroom, boned her to the point of no return ( her neighbors complained about the noise, her bed was fouled with squirt-age to the max).

So then, I'm laying there all elated and euphoric and she says "can you go get me some water?!".

I got the fvck up, went into the kitchen, waited, drank some water myself, went back into the bedroom, got dressed and burned the fvck off.

Don't be an errand boy and allow a b1tc4 to ruin your mellowness!!
PS now she keeps calling and calling... Next time I'm just gonna get her to jack me over her face then make me a sandwich.

This is the kind of thing super hot females dig, believe.

potato

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
the_absolute said:
Here's how "sweet" i am:

i boned this 9 last night. She wanted me after I got kino on about 20 diff females in the club we went to together. Anyway, she invited me in, gave me mo9re alcohol, I picked her up carried her into her bedroom, boned her to the point of no return ( her neighbors complained about the noise, her bed was fouled with squirt-age to the max).

So then, I'm laying there all elated and euphoric and she says "can you go get me some water?!".

I got the fvck up, went into the kitchen, waited, drank some water myself, went back into the bedroom, got dressed and burned the fvck off.

Don't be an errand boy and allow a b1tc4 to ruin your mellowness!!
PS now she keeps calling and calling... Next time I'm just gonna get her to jack me over her face then make me a sandwich.

This is the kind of thing super hot females dig, believe.
Why is it that I keep getting the feeling that there is seriously something wrong with you.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
oldguy said:
Is a person who you are interested in constantly saying how "sweet" you are ALWAYS the kiss of death?
Yeah, probably, if you're getting it often. "Sweet" is what a woman calls you when she doesn't know what else to call you...or when she thinks you're something cuddly and harmless, like a puppy dog.

If you've been together for a few years and you did something unusually nice, "sweet" is good. If you've just started dating and you're getting "sweet" all the time, she's probably not feeling "the spark".

the_absolute

Don Juan
Reaction score
potato said:
Why is it that I keep getting the feeling that there is seriously something wrong with you.
Probably because I'm sick and I come off like that. Works for me, bro.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
oldguy said:
No.

Not if you mix things up a bit. Be a MAN, do what a man does (action, fortitude, goals, confidence, etc.) but then SURPRISE her with a random act of kindness like a 5 min. backrub, foot rub (my woman almost O's on foot rubs), or some SMALL favor.

She will most likely respond with the word "sweet" which is OK, but you don't overdo it--it's a treat for her or a reward for good behavior.

The key is not doing it too much so that you fall into the nice guy/LJBF trap, but that you "surprise" her (women LOVE surprises and the 'pleasantly' unexpected) every so often like once every 2-3 weeks.

Remember, with women, the small things count HUGE.