Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

sweating too much

teedo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whenever the summer comes along I start sweating prefusely. I put antiperspirant on my pits but I still end up with pit stains on my shirt only hours later. I also start drippin sweat off my forehead which soaks a hat if I'm wearing one, and if I'm not it drips into my eyes and burns. Does anyone know what I can do about this?

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you shouldnt worry too much about it, some people just sweat more than others. one thing i can recommend though is drinking a LOT of water,it keeps your body temperature more regulated so you dont get hot so easily.
dress in white or light-colored clothes as they absorb much less heat than black.
also avoid all synthetic fabrics like polyester(sp?), they trap the heat from your body so you end up feeling like you're inside of a sauna. stick to good ol' 100% cotton clothes,they let out heat and moisture a lot better than all that synthetic crap.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't wear antipersprant gel, that sh!t only melts and forms pit stains. wear dry deodorant. old spice original works great for me.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cotton does not stay drier than synthetics. there are all kinds of synthetics made specifically for wicking away moisture. find me a good hiking sock that is made of 100% cotton

The Bartender

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lt dan
cotton does not stay drier than synthetics. there are all kinds of synthetics made specifically for wicking away moisture. find me a good hiking sock that is made of 100% cotton
Find me some good hiking socks made into a shirt. There's a reason you wouldnt do this. While it may wisk away moisture...where do you think that moisture goes? It ends up on the outside of the socks just like it would end up on the outside of the shirt. Take neoprene for example: Great for wet suits, and car seat covers in the rain, but horrible for underwear or a shirt. They'd just stay wet all day if you were sweating.

Cotton on the other hand if perspired on to will dry quicker because it breathes.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For armpits, you should try to trim your armpit hair.

Are you fat?
If not I still bet that you are not in shape.

Exercising should help if you are not fit.

If you are in top physical condition, I don't know what to do.

teedo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hot Ice
For armpits, you should try to trim your armpit hair.

Are you fat?
If not I still bet that you are not in shape.

Exercising should help if you are not fit.

If you are in top physical condition, I don't know what to do.
Its heat that really gets to me, not exercise.

hootersrule

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to have the same problem until I found out about this anti-perspirant called CERTAIN DRI. Its active ingredient is Alluminum Chloride 12%. I originally purchased it online but now find it at Walgreens or CVS. It's different from regular anti-perspirants in that you apply it at night and it works while you sleep. I only have to use it a couple times weekly and then use regualar old fashioned deoderant (without anti-perspirant) on daily basis. One other great benefit is that I no longer get those yellow pit stains on my undershirts. I used to have to buy t-shirts monthy because of the stains, now I can wear them until the wear out. Hope this helps. I still sweat the same everywhere else but don't have to worry about those embarrasing wet pits.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by hootersrule
I used to have the same problem until I found out about this anti-perspirant called CERTAIN DRI. Its active ingredient is Alluminum Chloride 12%. I originally purchased it online but now find it at Walgreens or CVS. It's different from regular anti-perspirants in that you apply it at night and it works while you sleep. I only have to use it a couple times weekly and then use regualar old fashioned deoderant (without anti-perspirant) on daily basis. One other great benefit is that I no longer get those yellow pit stains on my undershirts. I used to have to buy t-shirts monthy because of the stains, now I can wear them until the wear out. Hope this helps. I still sweat the same everywhere else but don't have to worry about those embarrasing wet pits.
Bingo. Even CertainDri didn't work for me, though - I had to go to the dermatologist to get DriSol, which is made by the same people - it's like CertainDri on steroids. Now I can wear T-shirts without having to keep my arms down. :)

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by teedo
Its heat that really gets to me, not exercise.
fat keeps you warmer during winter...and it does just the same thing in summer...is not a matter of exercise or not

teedo

Don Juan
Reaction score
okay, im not fat. but i picked up this spray called high endurance by old spice and its working fine. a hell of a lot cheaper than that prescription stuff too

blabla

Don Juan
Reaction score
what climate your used to could have somthing to do with it.

You say your from up north?

People who live in colder regions tend to produce more heat and so can't take the heat as well than a jamaican for example.

But if a few jamacians come to canada or some place like that, they are going to be wearing jackets and more while everyone else is wearing a t-shirt.

So did you move to a warmer climate and your body hasn't adjusted yet? Have the summers been hotter? Or is summer moderate and everything else is just really frigging cold? That body adaptation could explain it. It could be wonky. It usually take a few years to adjust to the climate too.