Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Supplement advice

stumpy_mcgee

Don Juan
Reaction score
I haven't had time to search around on this board a whole bunch, so I apologize if this is an overwrought topic. I was just wondering what some good supplements are for a student on a limited budget. My main concerns are packing on some quality muscle mass. Should I just stick go with a protein powder and some creatine...or are other supplements a better idea, such as glutamine, zma, dhea...etc

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Must haves:

2g protein per lb bodyweight (whey protein can be used but best to just keep it for postworkout)
Adequate fibre intake (green leafy veggies, oats etc)
Decent multivitamin
EFAs (fish oil or something similar)

So many people buy every supplement under the sun but don't have the basics down like protein intake, veggies etc. When the above are covered, you can go further.

After these consider extra vitamins (vit c is a priority, then the rest), antioxidants of some sort (green tea is good) and calcium.

After that but not before, creatine. It's still a 'basic' supplement but not necessary on a student budget. Monohydrate is dirt cheap these days because of CEE - don't buy celltech or stuff like that, too expensive when it's cheaper to buy dextrose + creatine seperately.

Glutamine is unnecessary unless you're advanced and on an extremely intense routine.

Buy everything in bulk to save money. Trueprotein.com for US/Canada and myprotein.co.uk or bulkpowders.co.uk for UK.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
Must haves:

2g protein per lb bodyweight (whey protein can be used but best to just keep it for postworkout)
Adequate fibre intake (green leafy veggies, oats etc)
Decent multivitamin
EFAs (fish oil or something similar)

So many people buy every supplement under the sun but don't have the basics down like protein intake, veggies etc. When the above are covered, you can go further.

After these consider extra vitamins (vit c is a priority, then the rest), antioxidants of some sort (green tea is good) and calcium.

After that but not before, creatine. It's still a 'basic' supplement but not necessary on a student budget. Monohydrate is dirt cheap these days because of CEE - don't buy celltech or stuff like that, too expensive when it's cheaper to buy dextrose + creatine seperately.

Glutamine is unnecessary unless you're advanced and on an extremely intense routine.

Buy everything in bulk to save money. Trueprotein.com for US/Canada and myprotein.co.uk or bulkpowders.co.uk for UK.
Nothing to add there. It's good to see someone else that doesnt think creatine is the only way to put on decent muscle, like 75% of people seem to think!

Stick with what Alex said, and you probably cant go wrong even if you tried.

vanwilder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you put in dhea into that category lmao.

just get some creatine ethyl ester powder, and some protein if you want, id take the creatine over protein any day.

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creatine provides two benefits:

1) More power. With more power, you can lift heavier. Lift heavier, muscles will grow more PROVIDED there is sufficient protein in system to facilitate growth.

2) Extra size. Creatine will cause more fluid to be stored in the muscles, increasing their overall size. However, this added size IS only water, it's not extra muscle fibres or anything being added. When you cycle off creatine (which you must), the water retaining effect will be lost. You'll shrink.

Protein is far more important for growth than creatine. Without a solid base of protein, the effects of creatine are temporary and will be lost.

LesaneCrooks

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have 90 bucks to spend, id get on the BSN Mass Stack, the gains youll make in the gym will be incredible

However, for cheap, id go to bulknutrition.com and get some of their house-brand CEE, some good protein, and an amino-acid supplement could also be worth your money. Of course, it all depends how complicated you want your supplement regimen to be. Personally, mine is complicated as hell, but it works.

vanwilder

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by manuva
Creatine provides two benefits:

1) More power. With more power, you can lift heavier. Lift heavier, muscles will grow more PROVIDED there is sufficient protein in system to facilitate growth.

2) Extra size. Creatine will cause more fluid to be stored in the muscles, increasing their overall size. However, this added size IS only water, it's not extra muscle fibres or anything being added. When you cycle off creatine (which you must), the water retaining effect will be lost. You'll shrink.

Protein is far more important for growth than creatine. Without a solid base of protein, the effects of creatine are temporary and will be lost.
i have never lost the size i gained off creatine