Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Super Squats! - Getting Serious

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Imagine having a injured back for four freaking months and not being able to lift **** and seeing all your gains just vanish out the window. That's me and now the back is finally ok so I want to get all the **** back I've lost. That means doing the only thing I love... squatting! Been recover training for like one and a half months and the back has been find for a month now. Packed on some muscle. I'm ditching the last journal and starting fresh. The long term goal is 200+ lbs hard.

Current weight is measly 176 lbs around 13-14% BF. During these next six weeks I am going to go hardcore and do everything perfect. This means 3 widowmakers a week with a 5 pd increase every time. Started at 20x80 kg two times ago and if I calculate right it should mean I should be able to lift 20x127.5 kg after I'm done! (20x280 pds) That should pack on some muscle on my frame. No sissy half ass squats, ass to the floor.

Intake:

320+ G protein
320+ G carbs
80+ G fat
Around 3300+ cals

Drinking ****loads of water.

OK... lets go.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 1 Week 1

Squats 20x80 Kg/20x176 lbs

Day 4 Week 1

Squats 20x85 kg/187 lbs +5kg/11 lbs
Bent Over Rows (non swinging) 10x60 kg/132 lbs 8x65 kg/143 lbs
Military Presses 10x45 kg/99 lbs 5x50 kg/110 lbs
Skull crushers 6x42.5 kg/93 lbs
Sit-ups on decline bench 20x10 kg/22 lbs 15x15 kg/33 lbs

Comments

I guessed I underrestimated my own strength. 20x85 kg felt pretty easy even though they were as to the grass. Going for 90 kg/199 lbs next time and then 2.5 kg increments from there on. Old record is 20x95 kg I think.

The eating is relativly easy when I am focused on this. Even the 1kg quark a day is going down very easy. Feels like I have got back the motivation from when I first came to the gym.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More carbs. Less protein. If you want to be "hard" taking in all that extra protein is going to lead to it being used as fuel. Since carbs are your bodys natural fuel, and can lead to better fat metabolism, its recommended that you only take in about 1.7g/kg of body weight in protein. This seems extremely low to me as well, but add about 20-50gs if you feel that way. Your carb intake should exceed 500g, not 380.

Again, I preach about reading "Advanced Sports Nutrition"

Nobody

Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:
More carbs. Less protein. If you want to be "hard" taking in all that extra protein is going to lead to it being used as fuel. Since carbs are your bodys natural fuel, and can lead to better fat metabolism, its recommended that you only take in about 1.7g/kg of body weight in protein. This seems extremely low to me as well, but add about 20-50gs if you feel that way. Your carb intake should exceed 500g, not 380.

The guy went from 130 to 180 right before our eyes. I think he knows what works for him. I doubt he needs help on diet. :)

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This I was not aware of. I guess continue what works.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody said:
The guy went from 130 to 180 right before our eyes. I think he knows what works for him. I doubt he needs help on diet. :)
If he isn't open to take constructive criticism, then why would he bother posting?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skilla_Staz said:

Hey skilla_staz. I agree completly with you, the carbs were pretty low I felt sluggish in the gym. Increased them to around 400 now to see if I get a little more energy in the gym. 500 seems a bit much to start off with, I am prone to gain fat from carbs but less from the same amount of protein. (hopefully it means I gain more muscle =).

I don't know why but I notice a big difference between 2 and 4 g/kg protein. I know it's not the most healthy thing to do, but this is only for six weeks. Thanks for the reply, I am all to ignorant on the diet part.

Thank you everyone for replying :rockon:

reyalp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Best of luck, man. I started doing a Rippetoe program yesterday and my legs are killing me from the squats! This after doing leg presses for 2 months. It's just amazing the amount of muscle that the squat works.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome back man! I wondered what had happened to you. Sorry to hear about your back, but with your heart I'm sure you will get your gains back. Keep us posted and good luck!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifeforce said:
Hey skilla_staz. I agree completly with you, the carbs were pretty low I felt sluggish in the gym. Increased them to around 400 now to see if I get a little more energy in the gym. 500 seems a bit much to start off with, I am prone to gain fat from carbs but less from the same amount of protein. (hopefully it means I gain more muscle =).

I don't know why but I notice a big difference between 2 and 4 g/kg protein. I know it's not the most healthy thing to do, but this is only for six weeks. Thanks for the reply, I am all to ignorant on the diet part.

Thank you everyone for replying :rockon:
First thing. I forgot to mention that you should attempt to get most of your carb intake from complex carbs. These digest slowly and don't cause huge spikes in insulin levels, which can lead to fat storage. However, due to the nature of depletion resulting from workouts, simple carbs are needed immediately after a workout, along with any protein, fat and supplements that you are taking. This should be about the only time that you NEED to take simple carbs.

There may be vitamin and mineral deficiencies in your diet, since many vitamins increase the effectiveness of your carbohydrate and fat metabolism, allowing you to use more of them as fuel, and less of the needed protein (which should just be for tissue repair).

If you guys would like, I'm going to outline all the vitamins and Minerals for y'all. Just because I'm cool like that. :rockon:

TheTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
i want an outline on that mineral stuff

i forgot to say in msn - bb rows after widowmaker's?? that's just insane shows me that you got a lot of unused potential.

20x127.5 kg in 6weeks - good god but well with those legs.....personally i needed 2weeks rest after a widowmaker set =P

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lets convert all this stuff to lbs please. I don't want to do the math. 2.2 is such a difficult number.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn so many replies! You people are the best!

Hey Jariel, long time no see. Seems you still write some good posts in the main section. From what I've heard you're quite the hero to some people over there =)

Good to hear reyalp, in a couple of months you'll get so addicted and go insane if you don't get your "fix". ;)

Trader: Thanks man, I'll do my best and I hope my body will catch up with my will.

Skilla! I eat mostly parboiled rice and oatmeal, no carbs after six. Some bread too. I guess it's mostly starch except maltodextrine after workouts. Solid advice, still carbs seem to put fat on me. :/

Day 6 Week One

Squat 18x90 kg/198 lbs +5 kg/11 lbs
rest 15-20 seconds then 3 more reps

Incline DB Bench Press 9x27 kg/59 lbs +3 reps
Incline DB Bench press 5x27 kg/59 lbs
60 seconds stretch with 14 kg/31 lbs dbs.
Biceps curls 6x40 kg/88 lbs rp 3x40 kg/88 lbs
60 seconds biceps stretch

Comments

Damn, my arms were so tired I couldn't hold on to the bar anymore. Had to rack it at 18 reps. I almost got stuck at 17th rep, 18 rep was the scream which saved me. Was red in the face and breathing like there were no tomorrow. Anyway, racked it and breathed for a couple of seconds and grabbed the bar and pulled three more reps in pure anger. Still felt like a complete failure.

After the widowmaker the entire session was a *****. I was so tired in the body I could hardly do anything. Had no energy to do SLDLs at all. :(

TheTrader

Don Juan
Reaction score
told you it's insane to do rows/SLDL's etc after a widowmaker. i would do the other exercises first(but not to full exhaustion that you have enough energy for a 100% widowmaker) but whatever floats your boat. but the failure seemed to be with in your arms and not in your legs so i wouldnt be so harsh on yourself

biceps curls with 3reps are not good i did it too but i have read it on multiple sources that you shouldnt go low reps on isolation exercises. i want to see chinups anyway!!!!!!!!!!hehehehe

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Day 2 Week 2

Military Presses 9/4/3x47.5 kg 105 lbs +2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
Delt extreme stretch
*Bent Over Rows 10x60 kg 132 lbs
*Bent Over Rows 9x65 kg 143 lbs +1 rep
Lat Pulldowns 9/4/3 80 kg/176 lbs
CGBP 8/4/1 x 60 kg/132 lbs
*Stiff rows, no swinging, little better form today

Widowmaker 22x91 kg +1 kg/2.2 lbs
Leg extreme stretch

Comments

Wow! I thought I would have trouble by increasing the weight and still get 20 reps since I had so much trouble with the 18 reps. (seems arms and back are the things which keep me back). Today it went very smooth. I was "just" dead tired at 20 reps by 22 reps I just collapsed to the floor, feels like I got my revenge for failing last time. I'll increase in 2.5 kg increments from here on and see where I land. See you in two days.

Diet has been very strict the entire time now, Allthough I have had alot of trouble sleeping it doesn't seem it has effected me that much.

Weight: 79 kg/174 lbs -1kg/2 lbs

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheTrader said:
told you it's insane to do rows/SLDL's etc after a widowmaker. i would do the other exercises first(but not to full exhaustion that you have enough energy for a 100% widowmaker) but whatever floats your boat. but the failure seemed to be with in your arms and not in your legs so i wouldnt be so harsh on yourself

biceps curls with 3reps are not good i did it too but i have read it on multiple sources that you shouldnt go low reps on isolation exercises. i want to see chinups anyway!!!!!!!!!!hehehehe
Yeah man, I tried it today and it worked alot better. Had loads of more energy to spend. Loaded up with 6 DL rice (~360 g carbs) and it felt awesome!

The biceps curls where rest pause sets therefore I just managed three reps. =) I'll get to chin-ups in due time man... just need to find a good place to do them because their pull-up bar is just worthless. Only thing I miss in the new gym.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"DAY 3 WEEK 2
Squat rack collapsed. I am now paralyzed. Seems like this squatting is good for your arms though, I can zoom around in my wheelchair!"

Haha, sorry, crazy mood today.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Still have a problem with fat? Do some high intensity cardio. That low intensity stuff doesn't do as well as high intensity. Sure, more % of fuel comes from fat in low intensity, but more fat VOLUME is burned when doing high intesity.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm thinking of doing something like this. My squat hasn't really been going up too fast.

I might stop doing mixing in hack squats and leg press on my leg days and just do widowmaker squats each time for a while.

on 10/3/05 I did
Squats 135 lbs x 6, 155x6, 175x4, 175x4

on 5/8/06 I did
Squats (warmups then... ) 220x5

Is that progress slow? I'm going with yes. I need to push those a lot harder methinks.