Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

summers almost over

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
hi, i've been reading alot of the material this site has to offer for a month or two now. and have put some of it to use. with great results of course :up:

Now here comes the beginning of my 10th grade year and the beginning of a new DJ. After a major AFC crash, i decided i needed help. so i found this great site and im very glad i did. After reading the HS Bible, and various articles and tips on the main page my views on alot of things has changed.

im hoping to get alot of practice once my year starts (since i have never had a girlfriend) :p so i need help getting my year off to a good start, if you guys could help me i'd appreciate it as im lost at what to do.

oh, and theres a party this saturday, and i suck at opening groups. so what can i do to improve this?

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice, as someone who myself discovered this forum in high school WAY before I had any semblance of game, is mainly don't take it too seriously. Have fun with it.

"Opening groups" is a term used more often in nightclubs, where girls act a lot more b*tchy and defensive. A high school party is going to be a lot more relaxed. There's really only one "opener" that you need, and that is "Hi, how are you all doing?" If you've never met them before, or maybe you've just seen them in passing in the halls, get to know them a bit.

You said you haven't had a girlfriend before, so I am going to assume that you're rather inexperienced. Don't worry about that; we all start somewhere. Keep this in mind though, you can't run before you can walk. My advice, and some may disagree, is don't worry too much about trying to score with a girl too much at this party. At this point, your main focus is to build up what I call your personal network, meaning go-to people you can call to find out wherever the party is at or wherever people are hanging out at. Of course if you do hook up, great, but if you worry about it too much, you can come across as desperate. Just HAVE FUN, make sure everyone else is having fun, and it will come eventually.

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, ill keep that in mind.
I guess i'll work on my social network and just have fun with it. then work on other things

Stblack

Don Juan
Reaction score
My story is similar bro. I found this site the summer before my sophomore year. I never had a girlfriend before then. Having found this site, I was very determined to change that.

One big tip I have for you is to not become an afc when you finally get the girl. In October last year, I finally asked a girl out for the first time. She said yes and I felt great. I felt not so great when she broke it off like a week later. Looking back, I pressured her way too much. It's really kinda sad. I had really big oneitis for her most of the year. I'm still hoping for a second chance sadly...

But it doesn't end so bad. I asked out another girl eventually, and I'm still dating her. It's amazing to think that I went from being completely clueless about girls to dating a cute girl in the year above me. I consider myself a success :D

So good luck bro! And make sure you post a new thread when you get a cutie :up:

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks, i used to have trouble with that.
it's nice to know im not the only one here who shares the same experience

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Summer is not almost over, theres still all of august.

2. Once the school year does start, it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT, that you go around the first day of school talking to as many girls as possible, being confident, smiling, and lookin sharp. The first few days of school are SO important because its like your on a whole new clean slate, and first impressions make huge differences. Show people how much youve changed this summer.

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
School starts August 5th here in the U.S.

that's some great advice!
ill put it to good use.

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
it depends where you are even in the US, my school also starts in the first or second week of august. but yes what eaglez says is very true, youre first few days are very important for youre new image (people expect you to change over the summer). and it will be hard to change that image afterwards so whoever you see yourself being this whole year be that person and dont screw this one up!! do some practice days if you have to just being that amazingly charismatic or whatever you wanna be person that you wanna be. dont just tell yourself youre gonna be a fun person this year but then suddenly get shy on the first day of school. youve gotta be that person from day 1. know what i mean? i kinda screwed that up freshman year (last year) which is why i seem to be emphasizing this so much because after that it was harder to change. first impressions are important. be your best for the first week and youll probably be that way for the rest of the year.

kevin1198

Don Juan
Reaction score
TheEnergizer said:
dont just tell yourself youre gonna be a fun person this year but then suddenly get shy on the first day of school. youve gotta be that person from day 1. know what i mean? i kinda screwed that up freshman year (last year) which is why i seem to be emphasizing this so much because after that it was harder to change.
yea, that's happened to me quite a few times.:rolleyes:

that idea about the practice days sounded pretty good, whats the best way i can go about doing that?

Evzone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some people suggest getting new clothes or a different haircut, which can both be good in their own right, but the main thing it comes down to is just your personal attitude. You can be wearing Brooks Brothers or Armani and still be boring, or wear a plain t-shirt and still be fun.

Coming back to school is a natural time for people to be social, since everyone is asking how your summer went and so forth. What is important is for you to BUILD OFF OF THAT MOMENTUM, turning acquaintences into friends and friends into good friends, and not let it fade.

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Evzone said:
Some people suggest getting new clothes or a different haircut, which can both be good in their own right, but the main thing it comes down to is just your personal attitude. You can be wearing Brooks Brothers or Armani and still be boring, or wear a plain t-shirt and still be fun.

Coming back to school is a natural time for people to be social, since everyone is asking how your summer went and so forth. What is important is for you to BUILD OFF OF THAT MOMENTUM, turning acquaintences into friends and friends into good friends, and not let it fade.
Excellent advice Evzone.

I did this at the beginning of my junior year (gonna be a senior this year) and it really helped...I became friends with a bunch of my acquaintances and also got to know a lot more popular people

TheEnergizer

Don Juan
Reaction score
well ive never actually exactly had a great start, like i said, kinda screwed it up last year cuz i just found this site and was still pretty shy (see join date) but yeah i actually feel pretty good about this year. what i mean by the practice days is just goin out with friends and stuff as often as you can and act like your new self around them and see how you do and see if they notice. not abruptly but not too slow either cuz its already kinda late into summer. also itll keep you from sorta forgetting how to be social and youll get shy again over the summer. sitting at your computer and not hangin with your friends will probably put you into a more reclusive state. thats kinda what i did last summer. i ended last year well because i was used to being social every day. but i started it not so well because of forgetting all that over the summer and i didnt have that momentum like evzone said. basically- hang with your friends over the summer, or join a camp, go on vacation, whatever that is social. i did all those 3 this summer unlike last summer, so crossin my fingers for a better start this year!

Rodge

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm starting school in seven days for my senior year. I'm in weight lifting, so I have the exercise part coming (I'm been doing some stuff at home, but most of those exercises were for increasing my height.) I also have been trying to get into the habit of talking with a deeper, but still comfortable, voice. I might even run for Class Office.

Last year I actually tried to do some stuff after an AFC luck-out followed by meltdown. Basically, I was in a class where I was the only guy, surrounded by all women, and actually dated one. Yeah, I'm was the only guy, and that was the only way I could do it. Reality hit me on how pathetic that was the next year, when I had competition. That lead to Ross Jeffries stuff and I tried that out, found out how cold and pitiful it was (plus not that useful, it might be after I knew the game but he didn't teach anything I could use, bleh)

Now I found this site, and the army of teachers here have actually told me what to do. So, yeah, wish me luck!

eaglez1177

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rodge said:
Yeah, I'm starting school in seven days for my senior year. I'm in weight lifting, so I have the exercise part coming (I'm been doing some stuff at home, but most of those exercises were for increasing my height.) I also have been trying to get into the habit of talking with a deeper, but still comfortable, voice. I might even run for Class Office.

Last year I actually tried to do some stuff after an AFC luck-out followed by meltdown. Basically, I was in a class where I was the only guy, surrounded by all women, and actually dated one. Yeah, I'm was the only guy, and that was the only way I could do it. Reality hit me on how pathetic that was the next year, when I had competition. That lead to Ross Jeffries stuff and I tried that out, found out how cold and pitiful it was (plus not that useful, it might be after I knew the game but he didn't teach anything I could use, bleh)

Now I found this site, and the army of teachers here have actually told me what to do. So, yeah, wish me luck!
Please, PLEASE, do NOT try to do this. Your going to make yourself look like a complete idiot, and people are going to realize that that isnt your real voice. You dont need to deepen your voice to improve your chances of getting chicks.

And exercises that increase height lol? No exercise in the weight room will help you increase your height. Theres nothing you can do to control that. Focus on losing fat and gaining muscle, the key is to make yourself look more cut and muscular.

Rodge

Banned
Reaction score
Actually yes there is, but it's temporary. It's stretching exercises, after you do them you'll be about an inch taller, though, over time you loose the affect.

Okay, I'll stop the voice thing.

Spectre

Don Juan
Reaction score
eaglez1177 said:
Please, PLEASE, do NOT try to do this. Your going to make yourself look like a complete idiot, and people are going to realize that that isnt your real voice. You dont need to deepen your voice to improve your chances of getting chicks.

And exercises that increase height lol? No exercise in the weight room will help you increase your height. Theres nothing you can do to control that. Focus on losing fat and gaining muscle, the key is to make yourself look more cut and muscular.
Haha, yeah sometimes it sucks having a deep voice like mine. A girl will be like, "what's up?" and i'll be like, "nothin", then they'll say "what's wrong?"... lol