"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Summer Games: Week 3

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
WEEK III:
Creativity & Style

So... this is probably the week most of you have been looking forward to.

Originally posted by Capi Crimini
I could argue that your post sucked.... because it did... I think it's a great idea but like most of them on this site... even mine. ... It lacks the content.
Weeks 1 and 2 are things that you all should have done ages ago. Health and hygene are no so much self improvement areas, as they are prerequisites to self improvement. You're not going to be a better person if you smell and are going to drop dead next week. Go watch "The Mask of Zoro". What are the first things the old Zoro teaches the new? Sword fighting? Hand-to-Hand fighting? Reverse horseback riding? No, first he gets him sober. Pretty soon after that he makes the new Zoro have a bath, and don a swish goatee.

My point is that Heros eat their greens. Don Juans don't smell.

Capi Crimini makes a good point. Being healthy and personal hygene are popular topics. My post is less a tomb of knowledge, more a spark, to get you to sort yourself out.

I can't really run with a post on personal hygene- soap just doesn't excite me...
But I can with this week :cool:
Think of these two topics as extended essays. Read, think about it, get it in your life, sort it out.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
Creativity:

The misconception: You may have heard that some people are creative, and some are not. What does creativity mean to you? Art? Music? Drama? Well, I have a bit of a wake-up call for you people:

Creative people do best.

"But I'm just not a creative person!" I hear you cry, "I want to be an accountant, and I'm going to leave 'creativity' to theatre queers."

That's fine, you can rot in a dead end job while people walk all over you like the pathetic blank headed **** you are. I have no sympathy for stupid people. Ever heard "if we are not artists, we are nothing"? This is the **** people, that is one of those deceptively simple ideas that will self-improve-ize your ass.

I cannot remember the author, but someone here whote about how a man they met had made an art form out of digging. Digging holes. This is EXACTLY the **** I'm talking about. It doesn't matter if you play the guitar, work behind a desk, dig holes, or sue people- creativity is the key to success.

Creativity is, however, best cultivated in "art". People who "aren't" creative just haven't given themselves the right outlets. What? You think an artist just 'creative-ates' on an easel, and that's how art is made? You think a musician just picks up an instrument, and out spews a new song like some kind of mental ejaculation?! No! That's just plain wierd!

Art is not just the outlet of creativity, it is the cultivator. An artist creates a piece, and at the same time that piece creates more pieces in his head, creates more techniques, more paths, more points of view. All that good stuff.

Please note I use "art" as a general term, which I hope to dispence with by the end of this piece. At the moment, think music, painting, drama, and writing.

Challenge 1: Get an art, if you don't have one already.

If you are a "maths person", don't think you're above this. All great mathmaticians are creative. So why do i not call maths an art? Well, it is, but not in a teenage forum. Taught at school, maths, science, and languages are castrated of their art, they are reduced to a form that gets the most information into someone as quickly as possible. You aren't given a quadratic and think of a way to solve it. The "art" subjects are only so as they retain some of their creativity despite their course format.

Sport too, is all about creativity. Even weights. If you want to be big, and strong, beyond all others, you have to do something different, in a better way. I know we're on "screw the girls" mode for the moment, but are you going to sit there and tell me a dude who is different in a better way won't be more attractive than a run-of-the-mill bloke? Godamn people! Creativity is the ****! Full stop!

If you aren't creative, you're not Don Juan. Don Juan ain't "Ooo I can neg hit!" No, playing comes when you do stuff differently, in a better way. It may just be improving, but being a sweet guy doesn't come from doing what everyone else does. How do you stand out? By standing out, so don't ask me!

This is "thinking outside the box". You'll probably hear that a lot if you're going for a desk job. Employers love a canditate who shows he can TOSTB, and it's just funny talk for being creative. If you give a group of people a problem, most of them will give the same basic responce, solution, to it. What is great, what is attractive, is that one guy who finds a different way of doing it. ****, in this context, it doesn't even have to be better, it may even be worse. The fact is that this guy has thought up "another way", and another way's are good! In a business situation, you want to be aware of all options even if they're not of equal merrit. If the solution offered by 99% of people becomes unavailable, who's idea is going to be used? This is repeated in all fields, science and politics included, for those of you interested.

It doesn't pay just to know the material in the real world, or just know the facts. Law for example- you're not a good lawyer if you know it. You're a good lawyer if you're creative in your ways of getting around it;).
The final word, is that creativity is good for everyone. One day I will be dictator of my own ex-soviet state. I'll do that with creativity. Get an "art", something to express yourself with, a medium to explore possibilities. And extrapolate this into your life.

Challenge 2: Everyday this week, write "creativity" on your wrist, somewhere you'll see it, and get into the habit of exercising your creativity.
Get into the habit of finding new ways of doing things, and make sure you share these ideas with people! The only thing more creative than an artist is two artists, and an optional nude.

P.S. It's also fun! Creation is one of mankinds inherent loves. Designing a city, a painting, a new bank account, a budget, a piece of music, a new skate board trick, or rugby play, that's where the **** is at!
 
Last edited:

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
Style

I could do this one of two ways:

A) Dress smart/punk/sk8er/rudeboy cos that's the best yo!

B) How to look good.

Me's think's I'll go for B...

Chapter 1:
"Mama I'm a Millionaire, but I feel like a bum..."
Yes, people that say "dress like this" don't have a clue. Read the bit on creativity above, and you'll see why. You don't have to dress anything, but you can do a lot to help yourself dress well.

The first rule, that any guy here can tell you, is dress how you want to. Don't just dress how you're friends dress, or how you've always dressed, wear what excites you.

The second rule, that any girl can tell you, is you don't have to spend insane amounts of money. You don't need "3 pairs of shoes, 2 shirts, 9 trousers" and so forth. Buy what you can afford, and what you need. What that will be will change on who you are, and where you're from. Let me just put it this way, a very poor girl in India can look stunning in what are effectively rags, whereas Anna Nicole Smith frequently looks like an arse, despite the money. Point? Point.

Challenge 3: Aquire a full size mirror.
A mirror you can see your whole body in, head to toe, is nigh on essential. Give it a nice place in your room. This is your baby. You can't see if you look good if all you can see is your face. People will see all of you, and so should you. This may sound a bit pricey, but all you really need is a large reflective surface. Go to a junk shop, somewhere like that. You don't need something fancy, and it doesn't have to be as big as you think. You just need to be able to put it on the floor/on a wall, and see your whole body in it at a distance of two or 3 meters.

Chapter 2:
And now, onto some of the most general rules of male style. Ever. Sure, maybe I lack content, but all any of you really need is a basic idea of what looks good, so you can do with that what you like. No I'm not going to get into a girly "what's in this summer, babe!" debate.

Basic Style 101:

Colour theory: You should know this stuff. Find yourself a colour wheel online, NOW. The basics of colour theory are that colours opposite to another on the wheel are complementary. This makes them "go". If you've got Blue, Yellow, and red as your 3 primary colours, the complementary of one will be the sum of the other two. For example, blue's in yellow + red = orange. Think sun and sea. Red's is blue + yellow = green. Think X-mas.

Contrast: Big old guy myth here- contrast is not the same as clashing. Wearing a lime green shirt with purple trousers will probably look bad. Especially if you're straight. However, Black and white, for example, contrast. Think a penguin suit. You got the white and the black going, and it looks good:).

Shades and textures: So far only colours have been discussed, remember that clothes also have textures, and shades. A baggy, kahki jacket may clash with fine black trousers, but it will contrast with blue jeans (blue being complementary to green...).

It may take a little while to get an eye for it, but you can think like this whatever your style.

Zones: When getting dressed it pays to zone out areas of your body by colour. Sure, black may contrast with white, but if you just wear black, with white shoes, you'll look a bit funny, most likely. Think about it, you want to make yourself look balanced. This is why people say "get your shoes matching your belt, you styleless prick!". Your shoes need to be balanced by your belt, so that the colour of your shoes is anchored, in a sense, in a colour further up your body. Another good way to think about it is that the less of a colour there is, the more noticeable it is. If you wear just blue, with a red hat, the hat will be BLAM noticeable. Sometimes this is good, sometimes it is bad.

Chapter 3:
And that is your theory...
Now here are some more specifics...

Challenge 4: Go through your whole wardrobe, and get rid of anything that you don't wear.
This will only be applicable to some of you, but you might have crap in your draws that you just do NOT wear. You may have stuff that is just crap. What I do is keep a few **** T-Shirts to sleep in, and a pair of **** jeans for manual labor, but if you get something as a present, that you aren't going to wear, give it to charity. Don't think "Oh, maybe I'll wear that someday".

Since it's summer, it just has to be said- speedos are good for getting a porn star tan line, but shorts are probably a safer bet generally.

Expencive clothes generally look good. That doesn't mean cheap clothes can't.

Oh yeah! What forum is this? Don Juan? So maybe dressing like a *****-ass loser might not be the best way to go! Don't be afraid to wear bright colours, and show a bit of skin! Dressing in some sort of metro-wear pastel flop-top (woo girlfriend!) will not make you look trendy, it'll make you look like a wuss. Men, homosexuals included, will laugh at you. Women will disperse, or uncontrollably force their problems upon you.

I'm not going to get into a "what to wear" discussion, plently of those pointless posts on this board, but guys look good scruffy and smart. Personally I can't do the scruffy look anymore, I'm a shirts boy:D The moral is wear what you like, and what you like will be what you look good in.

Finally- Accessorise! Get some bling- it can make or break an outfit. Personally, a white boy like me can't hack chunky gold chains, but a nice silver ring, or a beaded necklace can make or break an outfit.

Anyway, tried to stay away from the usual debate- hope this inspires you to get your freshly cleaned bodkin into some equally fresh clothes, which work together. And I'm serious about that mirror:cool:.

GOOD LUCK ON THIS WEEKS 4 CHALLENGES!
 
Last edited:

Cloud-uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
SE England/ York
double post: Good luck with this week all!
 
Last edited:

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
:confused: where would I find a full sized mirror?:confused:
Do you want us to get one of those mirror that they used in dancing classes or in the gym. One of those where you can see you whole body, or a big common mirro will do it?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
359
Reaction score
0
Awesome post, though I think you double-posted the Style part.

One thing about creativity, it doesn't even have to be a more efficient way of doing something. Try new things, some ideas will be crap and some will be awesome, and some will be utterly retarded but end up in a lot of fun...experiment and be ballsy!

Hmm, will a sheet of tinfoil work as a full-size mirror?
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
I have been reading these posts with enthusimn. I have just completed your challenges a couple days ago (cleaning the house) except challenge 2.

Awesome post. Keep it up.
 

Capi Crimini

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
855
Reaction score
0
Location
Hell
where would I find a full sized mirror?
Personally If you go to a Target or Kmart you can get a cheap one for 5 bucks. If you want to go big you can get a dressing mirror like we have in our house(those three panel mirrors in dressing rooms) for ~100.

I have both. I use both of them. Get whatever. The 5doller one looks cheaper but works the same. The 100 looks fancier works the same.


One that habitually or excessively is in a specified condition or performs a specified action: drunkard.
lol...I'm totally going into the drunkard art.

If anyone needs help on any of the color wheel stuff I have a webcam and I can show you a little better.

AIM:FoolsGold738
Yahoo: CapiCrimini

On the other hand I might not have the time. So IM me. Otherwise. Peace.

Capi Crimini makes a good point. Being healthy and personal hygene are popular topics. My post is less a tomb of knowledge, more a spark, to get you to sort yourself out.
Sorry. I didn't mean it so harsh.... anyway good post.
 
Top