Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Summer Approach Journal

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What up guys?

I'm stuck at my school for pretty much the entire summer because of an internship and summer classes. So I figured why not try to knock out 100 approaches :rockon:

Anyways, my game declined pretty heavily during the spring semester so I'm looking to get my swagger back. Today I went out and to be honest it was pretty tough since I haven't approached in a while. I finally grabbed my nuts and approached a cutie at Barnes and Noble.

My line is "Excuse me can I ask you a question" And then whatever she says after that I'll say "Are you single?" This is the same thing Pugs did for his approach journal.

Anyway, back to the girl at the bookstore

Me: Excuse me can I ask you a question
Her: yea
Me: Are you single
Her: *smile* no, sorry

Approaches: 1
numbers, dates, sex: 0

P.S. This bad boy will be updated DAILY. I plan on doing one approach a day at the very minimum.

kentgraham10

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been working so hard to improve myself this summer so that really one of the last aspects I need to improve is my social skills. Really looking forward to reading your updates on these journals as I anticipate doing approaches right along with you.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6 more for ya....

First two were at Kroger

2nd approach:
Me: "hey can i ask you a question"
Her: "yea"
Me: "are you single?"
Her: *laughs* yea, but I think I'm a little old for you
Me: "You look 21 to me!"
Her: Nope, older than that *still laughing*
Me: you sure?
Her: Haha yes *walking away*

3rd Approach:
Me: "Hey can I ask you a question"
Her: "Yea"
Her: "what?"
Her: *thinks about it for like 5 seconds* "...No"
Me: Ok

Next two were at the mall

No more than a minute after I walk in a SMOKING hot girl is walking towards me

4th approach

Me: "Excuse me can I ask you a question?
Her: “No, not right now”

That one stung for a couple seconds BUT it’s a possibility she thought i might have just been trying to sell her some shvt so w/e.

5th approach in PAC sun store. This girl worked there

Me: "Hey can i ask you a question?"
Her: "yea sure"
Me: "Are you single?"
Her: “Engaged”
Me: “o wow, congratulations”
Her: “thanks....” *with a fvck off look on her face*

Next two were at Barnes and Noble

The first girl i talked to I spotted walking in as I parked my car and sure enough as I was walking into the store she came walking out

6th approach
Me: "Excuse me can I ask you a question?"
Her: "Sure...”
Her: "No, I have a boyfriend *half laughs*

7th approach

So now I'm in Barnes and noble and see an absolutely gorgeous blonde girl with a perfect thick azz for a white girl and I make my move
Her: *laughs* "No, i have a boyfriend"

So there you have it. I'm gonna head over to campus now and if I do any more approaches I'll post them tonight, otherwise check back tomorrow

Approaches: 7
Numbers, dates, sex: 0

oneboy21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good journal
But please consider using different lines not the same one
Come up with a regular interesting question, If you are asking are you single, some times they might think you are hitting on them.

kentgraham10

Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of me really likes the direct, straightforward approach. It saves some time for sure, but I can't help but think some girls have the automatic "no" response to that question even if they really are single.

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oneboy21,
I WANT them to know I'm hitting on them

Got 3 more for ya,

I'm on my way to campus, riding the bus, and a cute indian girl gets on and sits within arms distance of me.

Approach 8
I take out my notebook, tear off a piece of paper and write on it "are you single" with a smiley face. I tap her on the shoulder and give it to her. She looks at it and gives me a wtf look and shakes her head no

Approach 9
I see a girl sitting underneath a tree outside of the library so i walk up to her
Her: "No, sorry i have a bf"

Approach 10
I'm walking towards the library and see a cute girl coming towards me. She's about an 8 in my book

Me: "Excuse me can i ask you a question?"
Me: "Are you single"
Her: "haha what?"
Her: "is this something you going around asking girls often?"
Me: "No, so are you single?"
Her: "haha, yes"
Me: "well i think you're really cute can I get your phone number?"

We go on and talk for a couple of minutes, she gives me her number, and I gave her a hug and leave. Here's the deal. I WANT THESE GIRLS TO KNOW I'M HITTING ON THEM. It has been my past experience that girls who are interested will respond to just about anything AND if they really dig you will go on a date with you. I don't care what line you give them. So i'm sticking with the "Hey are you single line"

Kentgraham10,

I'm sure some of them did make up that they had a bf. That just means they're not interested. NEXT

Approaches: 10
Numbers, Dates, Sex: 1 (number)

kentgraham10

Don Juan
Reaction score
btownbuck2012 said:
Oneboy21,
Kentgraham10,

I'm sure some of them did make up that they had a bf. That just means they're not interested. NEXT

Approaches: 10
Numbers, Dates, Sex: 1 (number)
Keep it up man! :rockon:

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
got 6 more for ya

first 3 were at Kroger

Approach 11
Me: "excuse me can i ask you a question?"
Her: *smile* yea....
Me: "can i have ur number?"
Her: "I just got out of a relationship.."
Me: K

Approach 12
Her: "Sure"
Her: *smile* no, sorry

Approach 13
I'm leaving Kroger and I see a cute redhead putting her cart back so i make my move
Me: "Excuse me, can I ask you a question?"
Her: "No" *turns away REALLY pissed off that i asked :p

Next 2 were at the Mall

I'm walking along and I see a decent looking blonde heading my way

Approach 14
Me: "Excuse me can i ask you a question?"
Her: "what?" *she didn't hear me*
Me: "can i ask you a question?"
Her: "uh sure"
Her: *smile* no

For some fvcked reason I was nervous on that one. Not sure why. My voice cracked a little that's why she didn't hear me

Approach 15
Make my way upstairs and see a really cute brunette working behind the counter, I forget what store it twas.

Me: "excuse me can I ask you a question?"
Me: "I think you're really cute, can i have ur number?"
*she hesitates a bit*
Her: "I don't usually do this"
Me:"What do you usually do?"

Anyways she asks me if I have facebook and I tell her no. Then she asks me if I go to school here, if i'm in a frat, what's my major, etc. I felt like I was being interviewed. I take my phone out and ask for her digits, however, she picks up a pen and writes her number on a piece of paper for me. We talk a little bit more about maybe going to a baseball game on Saturday. She writes her name on the paper and gives it to me. We part ways.

As I write this i can't help but think she MIGHT have just been trying to get rid of me. I've gotten the facebook question before. BUT at the same time she took it upon herself to write her digits on a piece of paper and put her name on it. So i'm not sure what to think BUT i'll let you know how it goes down when I call her.

Next one was at Barnes and Noble

I see a decent looking redhead checking out some books and I make my move
Approach 16
Her: "sure"
Her: *half way laughs* "no"

So there ya have it gentlemen,

Approaches: 16
Numbers, Dates, Sex: 2 (numbers)

PrettyBoyAJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like what your doing here my friend. I'm in College and I will be trapped there for the summer. I will be doing the same thing.

Kenny Powers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
btownbuck, love what your doing here man, we need more field reports and approach journals and less *****ing about women and dumb questions. Your balls are bigger than 99% of the guys on this sight.

That being said, i really think you should consider occasionally changing your approach. I understand that you want to be direct which is fine, but your way is not only overly direct but doesn't change. Some of the girls you talk to may be interested but are instinctively saying no to your question.

I feel like your wasting your enormous balls and approach skills by being overly direct. Please consider trying different direct approaches, that way you and everyone else can see which one is most effective.

Please don't stop approaching, just consider mixing it up a little!

diabolicplans

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kenny Powers said:
btownbuck, love what your doing here man, we need more field reports and approach journals and less *****ing about women and dumb questions. Your balls are bigger than 99% of the guys on this sight.

That being said, i really think you should consider occasionally changing your approach. I understand that you want to be direct which is fine, but your way is not only overly direct but doesn't change. Some of the girls you talk to may be interested but are instinctively saying no to your question.

I feel like your wasting your enormous balls and approach skills by being overly direct. Please consider trying different direct approaches, that way you and everyone else can see which one is most effective.

Please don't stop approaching, just consider mixing it up a little!
What other direct openers are there?

Brooxy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey btownbuck, this is very inspiring! Only thing is I don't understand why you hugged the first girl that gave you her number? Sounded like you were saying thank you to her for giving it to you?

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright well today SUCKED but i still managed to crank out 5 for ya..

1st one came at Kroger

Approach 17
I see a pretty decent looking strawberry blonde haired chick pushing her cart around. GREAT azz

Me: "Excuse me can I ask you a question"
Her: *turns around* "yea.."
Her: *goofy confused look* "...no"

Next 4 were at the mall

Approach 18
This one sucked
I see what appears to be a very cute dark haired girl walking towards me so i make my move
Me: "Excuse me, can I ask you a question?" *This is when i realize she's gotta be at least 30, However I continue with my routine*
Her: "yea what?"
Her: "yes"
Me: "can i get ur number"
Her *gives me this shvtty look like wtf kid, really?* "no.."
Me: "Sorry you looked like u were younger from a distance" *Yes, I actually said that*
Her: *Gave me a shvtty look and walked away*

Approach 19
Her: "yea?"
Her: *smile* "no"

Approach 20
I see a chick walking out of Target (it's attached to the mall)
Me: "Excuse me, can i ask you a question?"
Her: "yea, what?"
Her: *smiles* "yea"
Me: "can I have your number?"
Her: "No, cause I'm going overseas soon"
Me: "Where u goin?"
Her: "Spain"
Me: "Cool, so what's ur number?"
Her: "haha no. You've got guts though. go you"

Approach 21
See a cute brunette chick walking out of d icks sporting goods (also attached to the mall)
Me: "Hey excuse me can I ask you a question?"
Her: "yea" *keeps walking at a slower pace*
Her:"uh......no"

So yea today sucked, and I'll try changing up what I say tomorrow. It's just that in the past I've literally said 5-6 words to a girl, gotten her number, and she's gone out with me AND at the same time I've had 15-20 minute conversations only to have her flake or give me a wrong number. So I really don't think what I'm saying matters as much as HOW I say it.

For some reason today I just felt shaken. Not sure why but I just couldn't gain my confidence today and I'm pretty sure these women could tell as I tried to talk to them. BUT tomorrow's a new day and I'll drag my azz out there again :p

Approaches: 21
Numbers, Dates, sex: 2 (numbers)

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Great job with the approaching! I rarely go that direct with women, but if that's how your game works, then so be it. Situational openers work a lot for me, but they take a little improv. Just remember, the deeper you get into approaches(ie. more than just asking for a number after 10 seconds of convo), the better your conversation skils and game will improve. Good luck with the journey!

tihash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Awesome thread!

I'm glad to see you out there approaching. In just a couple of days you have a few numbers. The more approaches you do, the easier it will get and the more willing you will be to try new things (such as a different line sometimes). Just think... at this rate you should be getting 1-5 new numbers a week. That should convert to 1 to 6 or so dates a month. You will probably bang a third to half of the girls who go out with you, so you could rack up 6+ notches over the short summer. Sweet!

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got 3 more for ya....

I'm still using my "are you single" line CAUSE it works as ye shall see

All 3 of these came at Kroger.

Approach 22
Very cute blonde girl
Me: "Excuse me are you single?"
Her: "Uhh.. no I'm married" *blushes*
Me: "oh ok cool"

Approach 23
Short little hottie brunette with some pink running shorts on
Me: "Excuse me, I don't mean to bother you, but can I ask you a question?"
Her: *smiles* "No, I've had a bf for the last 3 years"
Me: "well congrats, that's quite an accomplishment"
*we both laugh*

Approach 24
I see a cute blond haired chick. She's got a sun dress on.
Me: "excuse me can i ask you a question?"
Her: *smiles* "yea"
Her: *starts to blush* "did someone dare you to do this?"

Anyways we go on and talk and I find out she's going to be a senior next year as well. Our majors are practically located in the same building. I'm at the point now where I can tell she digs me and I get her #. She even says she'd like to go to a baseball game with me.

I know I didn't approach that many chicks today BUT tomorrow I got jack shvt to do so I plan to crank out at least 10. Should be a fun (or sucky) day, lol. I'm starting to feel very comfortable doing this. These ladies could be in trouble > ; )

Also, an update on those first two numbers. Called both of them and didn't get called back but the chick i met on campus did text me today saying that she couldn't go to the game but she hoped I had fun. so yea....NEXT

Approaches: 24
Numbers, Dates, Sex: 3

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Numbers, Dates, Sex: 3 (numbers)

ma bad

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, I got all lot of respect for you having huge balls and getting out there. You're already doing better than most by actually doing something.

However, I think you're going a little bit wrong in your approach. You're right that if a girl really digs you she'll go on a date with you, but girl don't dig you after a 2 minute conversation where the only thing they really find out about you is that you have big balls. No action after 24 approaches is not great. Even if she is kindof interested, you could be a serial rapist for all she knows.

I find the best way to cold approach is in a self amusing way. You just going to talk to her to amuse yourself. If you keep using the same line over and over again. It makes it feel like a chore. That's not very fun is it? A robot could do that. Women love creativity. So look at her, find something interesting or unique about what she's doing or wearing or the enviroment you're in and just go up to her and crack a joke or make a funny observation. Once you've broken the ice a little, you can just run your normal game, being sexual, push-pull, kino. If you feel like you've built a decent connection with her you can even go on an insta date. Getting a number will almost never be a problem once you've laughed together.

I mean you've got huge balls man, i just feel like you're wasting them on getting blown out. Being direct is great, but you still gotta be somewhat subtle. If you were REALLY direct, you'd just be going up to girls and asking them "hey, you want to be my girlfriend?" or "hey, you want to have sex?". That wouldn't ever work would it? You gotta build some connection. Sure, you'll still get blown out if you've been talking to a girl for 20 minutes, but you'll have a higher success rate and if you're just amusing yourself the whole time, then what's wrong with talking for longer right?

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chickfight,

I'll work on that tomorrow. I'm still a bit nervous doing this stuff because I usually meet girls through friends or in class. Today was good because I had little mini conversations instead of just getting blown out, BUT yes I see what you're saying and I do agree with you. Tomorrow I'm doing 10 approaches at the minimum so I'll work on having conversations instead of just going direct.

Thanks for the input dude

btownbuck2012

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Got 6 more for ya. I know I said I was gonna do 10 but for some reason I couldn't grab my damn nuts today. I don't know why it's so hard to stay confident. Yesterday I felt great and even had my swag walk going but today I just felt nervous again. Also, I'm still using my "are you single" line. I've REALLY gotta work on switching it up tomorrow.

First 2 were at Kroger:

Approach 25
See a decent looking blonde pushing a cart
Me: "hey can I ask you a question?"
Her: "What?" *she didn't hear me*
Her: *Smiles* "No, married"

Approach 26
See a VERY cute short haired Brunette. VERY CUTE
Me: "Hey excuse me can I ask you a question?"
Her: "Yea, sure"
Her: *smiles* "haha yea but I'm moving soon"
Me: "O yea? Where ya going?"
Her: "Fort Wayne"
Me: "Ah cool"

Next 1 came at Barnes n Noble

Approach 27
See a cute looking redhead checking out some board games
Her: *smile* "Sure"
Her: *holds up ring finger* "nope, married!"
Me: "haha, congratulations"

Next 1 came at The Bloomington Market & Deli

Approach 28
See a VERY HOT girl standing in an aisle by herself
Me: "Hey Excuse me can I ask you a question?"
Her: "Yea sure"
Her: *Smiles* No.......married"
Me: "that's cool"
Her: "Recently married!"
Me: "ah, nice"

You're probably asking why I'm trying to hit on so many married chicks? Well they sure as hell don't look that old (maybe mid 20's) and I usually don't notice a ring on their finger until I'm already talking to them.

Next 1 came at CVS

Approach 29
See a pretty cute blonde chick picking something up at the pharmacy, so I catch her on her way out
Me: "Yo, can I ask u a question?"
Her: "yea........"
Her: *face turns BRIGHT red* "no" *walks off*

Next one came at Marsh Supermarket

Approach 30
Me: "Hey can I ask you a question?"
Her: "Yea..."
Her: *long pause* "yea..."
Me: "Well I think you're really cute, can I have ur phone number?"
Her: "This is kind of weird cause my mom is right over there?"
Me: *turn around and see her mom about 20 ft away staring at me, So i wave to her*
Me: "haha your mom probably thinks I'm a creeper"
Her: *laughs*
Me: "So what's ur number?"
*She starts to tell me it and I realize I don't have my phone on me, so I walk over to the pharmacy and grab a pen and piece of paper*

I come back over to her and get her digits. However, the whole thing felt very disconnected. She seemed more busy looking at hair color products WHILE she was giving me her digits. So it very well could be a fake #. Wouldn't surprise me at ALL.

Aight here's the deal. I know my line isn't the best BUT right now I'm just trying to get over approach anxiety. I wish my confidence wasn't so fleeting. Why is it that some days I can feel so confident and other days not so much? It's beyond me man. Tomorrow I'm gonna hit up campus. I might go to a few stores first to try and warm up. I'm REALLY gonna try my best to switch up my line.

Approaches: 30
Numbers, Dates, Sex: 4 (numbers) ...in 6 days. Makes it sound better : P