"Blank Mind on Dates? She's Dropping Hints You Keep Missing"

The plates get cleared and the silence lands like a brick. You can feel her waiting. Your brain offers up your commute, your job, the weather — topics that have ended more second dates than bad breath.

Here's what most guys never learn: women hand out free conversational material all night long. Tiny clues about what they actually want to discuss. Catch them and you never run out of things to say — because she's telling you what to say next.

Rule 4 of the "22 Rules" trains your ear to catch every single one.

Read more...

Sucky night

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Man this night is going terrible.

One of my friends is out of town, two others have there phones off, and the final one isn't returning my calls. I just wanna go get drunk, is that so much to ask? guess so.

I'm just upset, i really wanna get out but i don't have anyone to call, i guess i could call one of my other friends, but he never wants to do anything and is like talking to a wall, go figure.

I turned on resevoir dogs, never seen it and my dad bought it. Seems kinda interesting. Anyone out there seen it, what did you think?

I kinda think my friends are getting pissed at me, they're treating me almost like this other kid who they generally don't llike. Maybe i'm just being paranoid.

The only person who has been pretty reliable with is the one out of town. He'll actually answer his phone. One of the two who has his phone off, andrew, has been my friend for like 6 years and is still a flake, so its not a huge suprise.

The other kid who's phone is off, chris, is usually pretty cool with me, but i never really hang out with just him. and the person who won't return my call, zac, is usually pretty cool but we're not really close friends, you could say, we're cool when we're around but i usually just call him to find out whats up.


Something like this happened last night. I called up andrew and this other guy, gerad, answers it and i didn't realize it at first, then he hangs up on me before i can talk to andrew. Then i call chris and he said he got jumped, i asked him some questions like who did it, and how bad it was, etc. He didn't really give me any answers and said he was just gonna chill at home that night.

Then i wait a little while and decided to call zac at like 8. He answers his phone and says that him gerad and chris are trying to figure out something to do that night at chris's house. Seems like chris might of been lieing, doesn't really matter. So zac says he'll call me back if he figures out something, i say alright cool. Then at 9:30, bored as hell, i call him back. No answer, i think i left him a message, still never called me back. So no word from any of them since last night. Sh*t sucks.

Any advice on what i can do to get back in there good graces. I'm not a fake person, i don't act like someone i'm not. I've just recently joined this group and am still working on getting in. So if you've been in a situation like this, or have any good advice, i'd greatly appreciate it.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Ebach

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
397
Reaction score
0
My advice is expand. Don't focus on that little group. If they're acting up forget them. Find someone else and chill with them.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by Ebach
My advice is expand. Don't focus on that little group. If they're acting up forget them. Find someone else and chill with them.
I tried that before, doesn't work. I wasn't really getting close to any group and so it was worse than it is now. SO that doesn't really help. thanks though.

Any other advice?
 

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2001
Messages
5,511
Reaction score
10
Moved to the High School Forum.
 

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 19, 2001
Messages
1,194
Reaction score
20
Age
39
Location
North America
I think I can relate to this post.

Ive slowly realized over the past school year that most of my closest friends I used to hang out with im getting farther away from.

This is becuase ultimately, I think we are different people now. I am actually thinking about college and I dont want to smoke pot every 2 days. While they fail their classes, I actually get decent grades. How my friends went down this path, or how I ended up with them, I dont know. All I know is that some of my old friends since the beggining of high school are dumbasses.

One thing is clear: I DO need to expand my horizons on who I actually hang out with outside of school.

Its harder than it sounds, but I do have a lot of acquiantences from other groups I could possibly start to hang out with. These are people I talk to during different classes, mostly.

My advice to you, Vincent: is your birthday anytime soon? have a party and invite some other people you know. Or just have a normal party, or invite people to go bowling or to laser tag ( a personal favorite ). Once you start hanging out with others outside of school instead of merely talking to them in school, it should open up new doors on who you can call to hang out.

Now...I need to apply this advice to myself!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Originally posted by crazykid
Moved to the High School Forum.
First time i've seen that lol. I posted in Anything else cause i was just basically going off on a rant, dind't think there was anything wrong with that :D.

Well anyway.

Thanks for the advice serg: I dunno i'm leaving for college in 3 months so i kinda just wanted to stick with the same group. And my birthday was last month. Plus i'm already outa school so i won't see the people i went to school with anymore.

I guess i over reacted, there was a good reason. Chase is outa town, andrews cousins are just came in town so he's not doing outhing. Zac went outa town today so he might not have done anything last night. and christ just called me, he prob didn't do anything last night either.

Well tonight looks like its gonna be lame as well. Plus i gotta work at 8 tommorow :mad: so maybe i'll just go to bed early. Or i'll just call my other friend up, or just hang out with my brother. Who knows, we'll have to see what plays out.

Thanks people. Lots of love.

--Vincent
 
Top