Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Sucks to club alone....

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Went out clubbing tonight, and as usual, got no play. I keep reminding myself, look confident, smile, converse, and dammit--can't beat social proof, especially when women travel in packs (and expect men to do the same).

Just venting...am a bit drunk.

MaritimeForce

Banned
Reaction score
games not over yet, those are techniques . you have to grab the underlying principles to your existence. and that is what you make of it. and it will show through with the ladies. so before you go back to the club...make sure your there to have fun not pick up a chick. and what i like to do is when im talking to a chick that I think is hot and i might **** up is I like to think that I know for a fact that chick has a Aids or something. Makes you desire them less so you can talk to them easier.

Reaction score
yeah man you have to ease up and relax at a club . well it might sound easier than done but ive gone solo clubbing sometimes and i think its better because my ****blkocking friends arent there ( sucks being over weight and your friends skinny but im working on it) .

anyway going alone can really help you learn how to play the game and dont get nervous for crying out loud i still do that to date and it sucks . for an over weight guy i do pretty good but then im no competition to a thin musclely guy .

just have fun and talk to them even if you F up ok ( practice makes perfect)

LATEZ!!!

italostud

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: How to be an army of one

Originally posted by fuzzx
I've been clubbing for about 3 years now but I've never gone for the women... infact I can count the number of girls I've initiated a conversation with on two hands :). "So whats the point of that", you say? The point is that I've always gone alone, I'm usually the first one out on the dancefloor and I don't have to approach girls.. they usually come to me. Have a look for Darrens Dance Grooves or Mr. Wiggles and Popping Petes Instructional videos.
Do you do the "bye bye bye" dance?

aznbreakerjrey

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo fuzzyx, just curious, what's your favorite funk dance style?

Ronny_Neumonic II

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would never go to a club alone. Why? Because I go to a club to have fun. I've been going to clubs for almost a year now, and I don't go to pick up chicks, I go to have fun. Yet it's VERY rare that I will go to a club and not score. So far this year I'm into the 20's(in terms of number of women scored at clubs). Girls wanna be with guys who can have fun, not some guy who is possibly going to hang off her all night because he has no friends there.

It's like people who are worried about how they dance...it's like "who cares?".

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ol'BlueEyes
Went out clubbing tonight, and as usual, got no play. I keep reminding myself, look confident, smile, converse, and dammit--can't beat social proof, especially when women travel in packs (and expect men to do the same).

Just venting...am a bit drunk.
If you have to constantly remind yourself to look confident, you're probably not doing a good job.

Keep practicing. You'll get to the point where you appear confident without having to make a conscious effort.

If you still have no luck going at it alone, try approaching guys before you approach girls--i know it sounds homosexual, but hear me out--and possibly make some new friends that could serve as wingmen.

Hypoxia

Don Juan
Reaction score
AKA FLEX has a very good point. star some bs with the guys around the club. this is easier because you have no desire (I'm assuming) to score with a guy. Then use that same approach on the ladies.

PEACEDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, when you go clubbing your main objective is to have fun! Don't be going out trying to get girls. If you let that thought get to you then pretty soon you won't be getting any.... like right now.

junglist

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with the fun emphasisers. When I lived in London, I used to go to clubs by myself all the time, not for the women, but for the music. I had some of the best nights of my life simply because I did not gives two ****s about the women and concentrated on partying. I met the best people and had tons of girls staring at me.

My advice, focus on fun, totally ignore the ladies for at least an hour, notice them checking you out, pick only one of them ("he chose ME!"), and let things flow.

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One night later

Went out with my cousin and my bro who's recently engaged. Just cut loose, had a lot of fun dancing.

Things were going so well until my cousin said to me, "there are TONS of gorgeous women here, why aren't you hooking up?"

Damn, made me feel 5 inches tall.

junglist

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't worry about what your cousin said. The memory you should take away is that you had fun, not that you didn't hook up. A real DJ does not NEED to hook up, even though we always want to.

I think you're thinking too much about "being confident." Have fun without worrying about confidence and you will give off an aura of confidence. Party hard and when you keep catching that real hot girl checking you out just talk to her, but (here's the key) don't let yourself get really interested. Say some ****, tell her you'll see her later. Go to another part of the club, do the same with another girl, and so on. Later in the night these girls will approach YOU. Number close them and you're sorted.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
umm. tell you cousin that you are keeping your options open.

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
None of my friends like going to clubs, meanwhile, I love clubs. My only option is to go alone, which I have not done yet except once.

318 Most Hated

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PEACEDJ
Hey, when you go clubbing your main objective is to have fun!
nuff said.......

The_King

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ol'BlueEyes when your cousin said

"there are TONS of gorgeous women here, why aren't you hooking up?"
I would of said something, "like ok, you lead the way"

be his wingman, see how he does it. That way you can check out his style and also talk to the babes he is not talking to in that group.

pilot0001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: How to be an army of one

Originally posted by fuzzx
I've been clubbing for about 3 years now but I've never gone for the women... infact I can count the number of girls I've initiated a conversation with on two hands :). "So whats the point of that", you say? The point is that I've always gone alone, I'm usually the first one out on the dancefloor and I don't have to approach girls.. they usually come to me. Have a look for Darrens Dance Grooves or Mr. Wiggles and Popping Petes Instructional videos.
I have found the same thing. I only have success when I go in with a don't give a f*ck attitude and not "try" to pick up girls. For my own experience I've had good results too. I've been out maybe 10 times. I plan on working more on my dance and going more often. My work schedual has made it hard to do lately but that will change this fall when I start school full time.

tx_xp

Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, my advice is intended for good looking guys, if you are below a 5 or 6 on the scale you may have a much harder time. If you are or 7 or higher you will have less issues. The closer to a 10 you are the easier it gets but it isn’t impossible for anyone.

Take your time to look good before you go. Decide what to wear, make sure it goes together the way you want, take into account the temp inside the club while dancing and outside temp.

Do what you need to prior to leaving home to ensure that you look your best, while not looking like you tried too hard. Once you leave the house, don’t worry about your looks. Simply know that you look great and everyone there loves you. You are everyone’s friend, who needs social proof when the entire club is your social proof? Make friends from the time you are walking in the place to the entire time you are there.

It is important to understand that to some extent you are the star in a play or movie, really this is easy to forget. You are being watched all the time, don’t let this be on the top of your mind but you should never show frustration, just laugh anything off instead of getting upset about it. If you do meet someone you may be surprised to find that they have been watching you all night. You are always on stage, this is an escape from reality.

The key is to have fun and don’t hold back. Don’t feel like you need to talk to every girl that looks hot. You need to be different, most guys will either be too shy to talk to or dance with the girls or they will be too ****y and too much of an ass and make a fool of themselves. You need to be confident and know that you are desired, if you honestly feel that you are, then you will be. If you can dance good this will help, but if you can’t dance but like the music, such as hip hop for example just sing along and act a fool.

Every club is different so you need to access what is proper and what is not in a given place, in some clubs something may be very acceptable but in another you could get kicked out if you do it. Generally but not always don’t be so outrageous that you are just obnoxious. You know that you have it right when the girls are lining up to dance with you or talk with you. When you talk to someone and instead of leaving, all of her friends come over or stop what they are doing to listen to the conversation.

Just because you are dancing with someone doesn’t mean that you need to be with them all night. Let the women compete against each other for your attention, you are the prize! You are the man, the bartended likes you, the doorman likes you, heck everyone there does. Don’t just think that they do, have an attitude and level of friendliness about you where they do like you.

In a club situation almost never ask a girl to dance, just do it.

Never let the conversations get too deep, keep it lighthearted. Ask questions but don’t talk too much about yourself. People love to talk about themselves.

Don’t feel like you need to close always, close by being friendly and fun but clear that you want her. Don’t tell her this, show it with your actions. Then allow her to ask you home, if she doesn’t then suggest it in a subtle way. But don’t waste your night doing this, feel free to excuse yourself to go get a drink or dance or whatever. If you leave her, she will wonder what she did wrong and may be more aggressive the next time. Most girls who want it that night will let you know it, you just need to pick up on it and play into it. Coming off too strong may make you look desperate or pushy, instead be desirable and have fun with whatever happens.

Hope this helps