Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Success with Sister! (Tips Included) -- But Later Failure

The Cynical Man

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah - I agree - it's all in your head. Besides, at least you're out there on the floor trying.

Hey - F*ck 'em if they (women) wanna drop you cuz you're not Fred F'ng Astaire on the dance floor!

CHALENGE GUY

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
3. Expand beyond your comfort zone. Make a rule to yourself regarding in what situations you will approach a chick, and in what situations you won't. Otherwise you rationalize not approaching chicks.

It's the only way to exercise your DJ muscles.

Great post BGC.

------------------
Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.

- Roosevelt

AnotherRookie

Don Juan
Reaction score
BGC,

Re your dancing problem...

There's a book called the Four Agreements by Don Ruiz (I can't recommend it enough, I've read your assertions about Doc Love, I think the same of this book), and 3 of the 4 apply to your situation:

Do not take anything personally
Do not make assumptions
Always do your best.

I think you're on track with the last. I think you assumed a lot. Then you took it personally. If you let those stick, you'll always have problems dancing. What's that saying... "Dance like no one is watching"...
When I'm out there, the hypnotic effects from watching some tiits bounce all around normally alleviates self-consciousness about my dancing, although I bet that's not the best way to make friends and influence people...

It reads like you had an incredible night, and I guess we all need dancing lessons!

Great post, btw!

AR

BGC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By the way,

since I posted this post, I've incorporated a script into my NLP regarding dancing.

The script goes, "You're an outstanding dancer and you enjoy dancing in front of others."

(NLP is about "programming" you mind. It works. God does it fukking work.)

Anyways, about a month after I started programming myself w/r/t to dancing, I was at this street plaza kind of thing where this Latin band was playing, and it was at night, and bunches of people were dancing, and I was with my girlfriend.

Well we watched for about two songs. And she was just kind of watching the people dancing.

And the old part of me was thinking, too bad you don't dance, you could impress her, but then I remember, "You're an outstanding dancer and you enjoy dancing in front of others."

So I said, "Let's dance," and I grabbed her hand and led her out into the middle of the crowd and dance.

Did I know exactly what I was doing? Nope!

But you know what she said to me mid-way through the dancing. She said, "You know you said you wanted to take lessons, but you don't have to, you're already so good."

And when we left she was all over me, and told me the next day and a week later how much fun she had dancing with me.

And how did I do so well.

Because I remembered, "You're an outstanding dancer and you enjoy dancing in front of others!"

(BTW, I program myself four times a day, once at rising, once before sleeping, and twice each day in your car. And if you're going to develop scripts for yourself, you, the reader, here, use the second person. It works better than the first person.)

dorian_gray-from.usa

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blue_paul:
the info on being entertaining ("You've got to be an entertainer. You've got to entertain. And speak a lot. ")

LIFE IS HARD ENOUGH, A REAL GROWN UP WOMAN
HAS LIFE PRESSURES - SO SHE DOES NOT WANT
TO TAKE CARE OF ANOTHER {MAYBE} GROWN BOY -
SHE WANT HER LIFE TO WORK AND GEL TOGETHER...

NOT EVERY PERSON THAT CAME FROM HIGH SCHOOL
WAS THE 'IN' CROWD. THEY {SHE} WANTS TO HAVE
HER LIFE AND DATES TO BE POSITIVE, NOT HEAVY.

THATS WHY YOU STAY UPBEAT, AND THINK.

This is a big problem for me. I'm a naturally quiet person to begin with. I've been trying to improve my conversation skills and feel confident in that respect.

THE WAY TO GET AROUND THIS IS TO TAKE A
BALLROOM DANCE LESSON. OPEN THE PHONE
BOOK IN YOUR AREA. CALL.

THEN SET A TIME TO WATCH ONE OF THEIR CLASSES.

i DID THIS AND THOUGHT THAT EVEN IF THE INSTRUCTOR WAS OLD, IT STILL WOULD BE SOCIAL
POLISH. ... IN FACT THE INSTRUCTOR WAS 24 AND SEXY, DOES NOT HURT!!!

IT IS A RUSH!!!

TO HAVE SOME STRANGE WOMAN STANDING IN YOUR BODY SPACE AS WELL AS YOU IN HER BODY SPACE.

IN FACT COUPLE DANCING {BALLROOM - THE WALTZ, T-A-N-G-O, SWING } YOU ARE HAVE
BOTH OF YOUR HAND TOUCHING HER BODY -
OF COURSE IT IS FORMALIZED -AND YOU
WILL HAVE COMMON RESPECT FOR THE OTHER PERSON

IT IS A EGO BOOSTER.

IN FACT YOU ARE IN THE MAKE OUT AREA, THAT IS
IF IT WAS NOT SO FORMALIZED!

MAKE OUT ZONE!!

(Regular conversation)But in a club or bar the conversation should be more like what you said, entertaining and light, especially if you've just met. I have no clue how to do that.

OPEN YOUR PHONE AND CALL A DANCE STUDIO.

YOU MIGHT FEEL STRANGE PRACTICING - BY YOUR SELF - ALMOST 'GAY' - BUT THE WOMEN THERE
TEND TO BE UPBEAT EXCITING WOMEN THAT ARE
INTERESTING PEOPLE - NOT SOME DRUNKEN TOUNGE-PIERCED BAR WOMEN [OFTEN THAT WEAR A LOT OF BLACK]SLUTZ....

I try to start conversations and they look at me like I just farted.
Do you have any more tips in this area? Any suggestions on how to improve

THE ANSWER IS OPENING THE YELLOW PAGES - AND THINKING BALLROOM DANCE.

gOOD LUCK!

i'M A PERFECT 10 - BUT TAKING DANCE CLASSES
IS STILL A EGO BOOST AND PUSH. IT ALL ABOUT
THE EXPOSHER OF TRYING NEW THINGS AND
MOST IMPORTANTLY,.......

FEELING GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF.

Shadow

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your caps lock is stuk isnt it? ;p

BTW GREAT POST BGC!!

From the title of your post, I thought you might be hailing from deep in the Appalachian Mountains in North Carolina or something, but I digress.
LOL Gator Ash! I did a double take when u said that ;p

------------------
It's not who's wrong or right, but who's stronger.