Success rate for sarging??

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, just a quickie. (well fairly quick)

What I wanna know... there's so much talk on these boards about sarging/cold approaching or whatever. Like ppl will say 'get off your a$$es you keyboard jockeys and do some APPROACHES dammit!!' and stuff like that. As far as I can see, this is mostly what a lot of guys here consider 'the field'.

Now, don't get me wrong. I don't have anything against ppl that do this. If it works for you that's cool. I just wanna know.. what is the general success rate for sarging?

The reason I ask... I wanna know how many of these approaches have been converted into lays, or better yet LTRs. I mean I can't imagine sitting round a table with a girl and some friends.. then someone asks her 'how did you meet?' and she says 'well, he just came up to me on the street'.

:confused:

I'm not putting sarging down at all, I just want to know generally how successful it is. Because I've read a lot of FRs from ppl that had the balls to go up to women and talk to them etc... but the end result wasn't so good.

I mean one or two guys may have got numbers out of this. But did anything ever come of it apart from a flaky girl? Did she just give her number out of sympathy or wanting you to leave? Or did it actually convert into a date/lay?

Me personally, I prefer to meet girls through ppl or (most often) whilst drunk at a club, 'accidentally' bumping into them on the dancefloor or even grabbing them and having a damn good time ;) . I have yet to try the cold approach method.

I don't know if it's more acceptable in the US or whatever.. but simply going up to a random person and saying 'hi' will only get you funny looks like 'do I know you?' or worse here. It's just not done.

Like I say I'm not trying to insult anyone's method.. I just wanna find out which is the most successful, and exactly HOW successful people who 'sarge' have been (and plz be honest). Curious to hear your replies..

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, that good huh??

:rolleyes:

Talk to me!!!

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
there is maybe 2 people on this forum that actually do it, and I don't think they are on right now.

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well... I've never had a proper relationship from an approach.

Uhh.. but I know they can turn into LTR's. My parents are a perfect example. My father approached my mom when he noticed she was checkin him out. 23 years later they have a son writing this post. :) And they're still happily married.

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm.. that's good, but that's from someone already checking him out and he obviously did the right thing in that situation. I'm talking about the popular 'going up to random strangers' type of sarging.

But glad to hear your parents are happily married.. so are mine, after about 25 years.... and for the life of me I have no idea how 2 people are able to do that.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
You care too much what people think. Where do most people meet each other anyway?

Cold approaches generally if you have good body language, portray confidence and your dress and groomed well then your success rate should be at the very least 6/10 numbers and 2/10 roots or LTRs.

Ninja Out

manuva

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have 5 chicks on my rotation at the moment. I lost two in the last fortnight because I didn't have enough time for them.

All of them are through sarging. Most of them at pubs/clubs, although usually I was sober or had consumed minimal alcohol.

Honestly, the number of stupid questions and reasons guys come up with to NOT meet women is astounding.

Who cares what the ratio of openers to closes is? Does it matter? Every 'no' you get will bring you closer to a 'yes'.

Lets say I go out with a mate who isn't as good as me. He gets 1 number per 10 approaches while I get 1 every 3 approaches. I might get a number within 15 minutes of entering a club, and it might take him an hour. Who cares? When we leave the club we both have the digits, or the tonguedown, or the ONS or whatever.

I have a pretty high close ratio, but thats because I run a tight game. Know how I learned to run a tight game? By talking, approaching and meeting women. And getting a lot of 'no's' in the process.

NOTHING IS GOING TO PROTECT YOU FROM REJECTION. NO AMOUNT OF PHILOSOPHY, POSTING, READING OR WATCHING WILL GIVE YOU 100% SUCCESS RATE. ACCEPT IT AND APPROACH ANYWAY.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I believe...

If you're in an area where it's not done, you have a HUGE advantage over people who live where it is common. The women will be impressed. OK, you'll get some prudes, so you just ignore those and keep moving. Take what you learn from this international forum and become a pioneer in your area. You'll have an edge on the other, less globally aware competition. I've learned things in South/Central America and Europe to export back here to the USA. You can have a huge advantage by coming from an angle locals aren't used to.

COld approaches don't always work. This is true. A lot of times the girl never commits to meeting or simply doesn't answer when you call. On the other hands, you're assuming that this is all about the women. For me it's not. It's about overcoming fear and going for something I want. It makes me feel good about myself, and I personally think it's fun. I can't loose by approaching.

Hunchback

Don Juan
Reaction score
Success rates as good as you make it.
It's all about practice I find, you have off days and can't pull a thing, or you have money days where every set opens perfectly.

It's just a numbers game.

I'd say about 70% of sets I open get at least a number...but a third of those'll end up flaking.

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

I think I may have been a little misleading at first though.. I'm talking about approaches on the street, in bookstores, the mall etc... NOT at clubs (girls there are expecting to be hit on).

Those examples are what I thought 'sarging' was. I mean I have no problem approaching girls in clubs... of course, but on the street? Totally different story.

But good to hear some of you are having some kind of success anyways.

Black_Italian

Banned
Reaction score
Doing street approaches you generally find better women then you would find in a club. In clubs girls for the most part are after ONS. On the street (depending were you are) you can find classier girls that have ambitions and a career and that would make a good LTR candidate. Not that you can’t find them in clubs but my street approaches I generally find better women.

Ninja out

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I started viewing this board I did some street approaches and everyone acted instantly suspicious and guarded with me and I was even asked "what is it you're selling?" It's probably not normal for adults in most UK cities and probably only works for cheeky youngsters.

However, clubs are a different story and if you're ok looking, you can pick up women without much effort. That said, I've never met a quality woman that way, just slvts.

I prefer expanding my social circles and meeting women via friends and acquaintances. At least that way I get to know them first and decide if they're worth my time. Besides, trust is important to any self-respecting woman, especially if she's looking for a LTR, so you won't win these women over in a few minutes.

christz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah but see lets say you go about meeting women through a circle of friends..

well how did those friends meet those girls? and how did those friends friends meet those girl.. the spiral continues but it would have never even started if some guy in someplace stopped a girl in her tracks and said.. hey what's up.

so basiclly your tryign to tell me and everybody else here that you don't like to do the work yourself you'd rather somebody else do it and then hand over his prize to you.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by christz
well how did those friends meet those girls? and how did those friends friends meet those girl.. the spiral continues but it would have never even started if some guy in someplace stopped a girl in her tracks and said.. hey what's up.
Actually it's easy for me as I'm at uni and I'm very outgoing, so it's natural to get talking to people during or after classes, then they introduce me to their friends from other classes and so on. I have other social groups who know each other from work, school, neighbours or via friends too, we all mix together, the social groups expand, other people get introduced and so on.

So none of the females in the group have been picked off the streets by anyone.

This is why I think it's a better idea for budding DJs to get into some kind of social environment, like college, activity groups, work etc rather than relying on cold approaches. There's also the huge bonus of having 100s of friends.

GodsGiftToFatBirds

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeh it can work mate, I met my last gf through a cold approach on my uni campus, we went out for 2 months and only finished cos of circumstances (ie finishing uni and living at opposite ends of the country).
I'd agree with what somebody said about clubs as well - certainly in the club i work in, about 80% of the hot girls are attention wh0res - I do alright for myself in the club scene but i'd still say i meet very few that are genuine gf material. Obviously it depends what you're looking for though.

Triple X

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diplomatic_lies
5%
Wow. That's pretty piss-poor then.

Flyer

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by manuva
Every 'no' you get will bring you closer to a 'yes'.
That's all we need to know.:up:

Keeper

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hmm... well, street and sidewalk approaches don't work, or so I've come to realize. And all your talk of 10 zillion chicks is bs.

So I give it also a 5%.

But you can easily start something in situations on the street. :p Say you're watning a performance, like a mime or live band.

Otherwise they'll say "No thanks" or "Not interested" or "Sorry I don't smoke" right when you say "Hi".

:)

Stag

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say 1 in 5. I usually can probably go out with 3 of 5, but then other things happen. Sometimes its 1 out of 1.
The point is you are such an excuzer right now that even 1 in 1000 will be impossible for you.
And yes I met my gf tru cold approach. Also my last gf. Also most of chicks i've been with, except for my first gf, and couple of others from college.
Also just because we call it street approach it doesn't meet you have to be on the actual street stopping girls. u can go to park, cafe, mall, etc. Stopping chicks on street is too hard for you, you should focus on lonely girls who dream about guy who will take them all day.