Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Subconscious Awareness Of the Matrix

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A few of the recent and more popular posts (i.e. yul, goodguy34/rutgersman, mikeman, etc) along with the idea Rollo is writing a book got me to thinking. And the root of this train of thought is a theme of late, that of referring to the Matrix w/r to the DJ mentality.

I will admit, I am of the Star Wars generation and it took the persistence of a good friend 10yrs younger than me to get to me to look at the movie (and thus it's message) more deeply. So now when I read a thread where someone eludes to discovering the matrix or breaking free or some other reference it just plain works. And perhaps this (now almost) cliche analogy is a next step for this forum and the message it is trying to spread.

You see when some one comes here for help; they have no [conscious] awareness of the matrix in which they reside. And the rest of us who offer help have become [consciously] aware of its existence and seek to enlighten the person. Unfortunately, their emotional investment tends to be so strong that their logical conscious self is all but suppressed. We respond with terms like AFC, attention wh0re, ASD, Oneitis, etc. And often it does not help.

I believe the word does not sink in right away (i.e. effectively) because the helper and helpee reside in different paradigms. When someone seeks help they hear “NEXT!”, “Read the DJ Bible”, etc. This makes perfect sense to the one giving the advice, they are aware of the Matrix and how the conditioning that it spawns affects men w/r to women and relationships. However, the one seeking the help (i.e. the AFC) IS NOT EVEN CONCIOUSLY AWARE that there is such a thing as a 'matrix'. If he could simply experience this initial awareness, I believe his logical natural thinking would immediately take hold and he would quickly make decisions which are good and healthy for him

Yet there is one thing that appears again and again. I believe it is the AFC subconscious working against him (well actually to his benefit) that leads him here to this place. It is as if the AFC's conscious is so strongly overpowered by the emotional investment into a non-reciprocating relationship with a woman, that his own subconscious tricks him into finding this place. When one-itis is at is worst, almost all logical decision making is paralyzed (albeit by the continuous analysis). And so the subconscious slips in a subtle trick - it very quietly suggests to the conscious that perhaps it should ask for help. Ironically, the emotionally paralyzed AFC sees this as a way to "tell their story", seek approval and actually try make things better. And in that instant, the first good subconscious victory is won in that others aware of the existence of the Matrix will instantly "decode" the overt call for approval as a covert cry for help. The decoding is easy once you've experienced it first hand, just look for the rationalization, justification and unhealthy expectations. And as always the AFC doesn’t "hear" what he wants. However the subconscious knows there is a better way, it has no tolerance for the conditioning so it plays another witty trick. It simply ups the "frequency" of the requests for help. Yet another simple message to decode for those that are aware (i.e. Frequency = trouble).

Someone else on the board recently said something along the lines of "if you're posting here with a problem it's already too late." I more or less agree with that statement after observing for a year. When in a healthy reciprocal relationship, there is no need to seek external approval. A man free of the conditioning of the AFC mentality based Matrix knows this and lives his life in a confident, patient manner making decisions rather than constantly dealing with problems which have no logical solutions.

What sucks is that there is no way in just a few simple words or posts to help someone coming here for help. To become aware of the Matrix they might need to be told, yet they almost always require the often-painful experience of the first awareness of its existence. In psych terms (which I do not pretend to understand) it must be something related to the often stated message where the pain of sticking with something will eventually exceed the pain of change and at that instant change naturally starts to happen.

So many of us were born into this matrix of social conditioning. Once aware (and hopefully free) of it, it is so obvious what it is and how it negatively impacts our lives.

And Rollo perhaps in writing your book you have pondered this dilemma. Telling an AFC he needs to be Positively Masculine just doesn't work. Like telling a newbie to "Read the DJ Bible". The same goes for telling people our successes after our awareness and change. And yes, describing Positive Masculinity is great, yet it is primarily an affirmation to those who have become aware. To those still living within the Matrix, it may actually backfire and re-enforce their position. Now, should you find a way deliver a different message, along the lines of: "My friend you've just taken your first real step, your subconscious has briefly made you aware of the harmful matrix in which you have existed..."

PS. Vulpine, I love your sig it represents in a fantastic token way what this site attempts to impart.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
It's funny, but true. Once you've become "unplugged", you can't go back. Not now, not ever. And if you try (and I have tried, a couple of times), you will be miserable and lost.

There are a lot of wonderful things out there that you were told about in school that just don't exist. The part that most people find difficult is that to enjoy the reality of life, you MUST reject the fantasies. And yes, the fantasies seem amazing and wonderful and lovely, so it's very hard to do. But the REAL world has so much more to offer, and most people just don't see it.

It's like the difference between having cookies and having a steak...the cookies are delicious and tempting and everyone loves desserts, so at a glance you may think that you'd rather have them, but they'll rot your teeth, make you fat, and provide very little nutritional value. They'll sustain you, but you can't grow on them.

A nice, thick, juicy filet mignon on the other hand...full of protein and minerals and has a much more full flavor and consistency than the sweet cookies. People will tell you you'll die of cancer from eating red meat or some nonsense, and it's expensive and you have to take the time to prepare it, but there simply is no comparison. And once you start to dine on quality foods, cookies lose their appeal, except an occasional snack for a special occasion.

Anyway, that was quite an...er...interesting metaphor. Let me get off of my tangent and back to my point.

It never sinks in right away, because everything they've learned up to this point comes to them through someone else's perspective, through society's perspective. "Unplugging" someone requires them to see and think and figure things out for themselves, which when you're trained to rely on pre-established schemas and ideas for everything, is very hard to do.

Most of the guys you see on these forums are still trying to incorporate these new ideas into their old, dysfunctional system. They treat seducing women like it's a GAME, because these new ideas completely go against the grain of everything they've ever been taught...they can't POSSIBLY take them SERIOUSLY. "What, ME the prize? That's ridiculous, but for the sake of argument let's pretend." Then when they get the girl's attention, it's back to the forums with, "Now what? How do I KEEP her?"

What they're really saying is, "I don't believe it. I'm not supposed to be with this girl...I don't understand how I got her and I don't understand how to keep her." They still don't have a grip...they can't even consider the possibility that they are the architects of their own circumstances...that when they applied the "DJ tactics", they weren't playing a game. They actually CHANGED their lives from something other than the pre-established system. For the first time in their lives, they CREATED something, changed code in "the Matrix". But they don't believe they're capable of that, so they run back to the forum confused.

Or they feel like once they've "won", the so-called game is over. So they revert back to their blind selves, fall back on their old ways of thinking about their lives, and let what's outside them take responsibility for their lives. Women may not know consciously what's going on, but they sense this...and they leave.

It's funny you mention Star Wars...when I think about this I remember the time Yoda tried to get Luke to lift the X-wing out of the swamp, but Luke professed that he couldn't do it, that moving rocks and stuff was tantamount to playing games and the ship was something totally different. Under Yoda's instruction, he tries to lift the ship out of the swamp and manages to get it up about 6 inches, but then loses faith in himself and it sinks. When he storms off in disgust claiming that it's impossible, old Master Yoda closes his eyes and effortlessly lifts the X-wing out of the swamp and onto dry land.

Now pay attention because this is the important part...Luke looks at Yoda wide-eyed and says, "I....I don't believe it." And Yoda replies to him, "That...is why you fail."

Unfortunately, no one can be TOLD what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.

realsmoothie

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Matrix analogy really breaks down when you look at motivation. In fact, the whole "red pill" vs. "blue pill" question points it out perfectly.

When the traitor guy says "I bet you wish you'd taken the blue pill", it's a conscious awknowledgement that really, it's a LOT EASIER to take the blue pill. Living in awareness of the "matrix" is awful, because living INSIDE the Matrix is a false, happy reality.

Whereas... in the DJ way of things, the Matrix is (supposedly) the rules and AFCisms of mainstream society... i.e. being a nice guy, not acknowledging one's masculinity and so on. So getting outside of it is a great, exciting, fun thing.

The one thing that does work is that your initial shock is quite strong, and difficult to deal with.

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, if you watch the whole movie, Neo struggles and fights against what he has been shown. Even after he is SHOWN the matrix, he still denies it. He want's to wake up from the dream.

The most significant (and relevant in this case) part of the movie, for me, is the last scene where Neo gets shot in the hallway. It's when Neo truly has arrived at the "unplugged status".

Broken and beaten by "life's bullets", he sits lifeless against the wall giving up. Then, after finding motivation, gets up to face the world. But wait! He SEES the matrix! FFWD>>>

He emerges from agent Smith fresh and new: better and stronger than ever. He is ALIVE! ...then he takes a deep breath and "flexes" ...and the hallway (the world) shifts to accomodate HIM. It's as if, "Behold. I am a man!"

From there out, he doesn't just accept his fate and "take what life throws at him". Instead, he makes things happen how HE wants things to happen. Proactive vs. Reactive

So, most of the guys who come here don't even know what being a man is, much less how to be one. They need to learn certain truths. This site basically is in a "I can only show you the door. YOU must walk through it." format. Some guys take years to walk through the door, others only minutes. Some NEVER accept the truth about the matrix. But it's like Cipher said: "Ignorance is bliss."

The new guys won't understand this thread. We talk about "red pill" and "unplugging" all the time, but what exactly is it that changes? For me, it was as simple as flipping a switch, or a series of switches. The first switch that I flipped, almost instantly upon discovering this site, was to start living my life based on ME and MY wishes: not the wishes of others or pressures of society. It's merely a change in outlook or perception of the world around you: introversion vs. extroversion, if you please.

Now, noone's opinion is stronger than my own. Noone's agenda is more important than my own. And, my happiness and definition of success is not affected by what others expect or try to mislead me to believe. My life is truly MY life. My thoughts are my own.

And, if you guys seriously consider how we as DJ's/rAFC's interact socially and how we percieve society, you'll see something quite curious: we are sociopaths. Since we don't play by society's rules, have regard for what is traditionally "socially acceptable", or conform to societal standards, then we are actually "socially dysfunctional". So, by definition, we are actually sociopathic, perhaps even psychopathic in some regards.

Jeez... I didn't think I was crazy? Doesn't that mean I'm crazy? :confused:
Aww... darn it! I spoiled the fun by knowing that I'm crazy now. :mad:

BTW, I really like the line in my sig, but it's too bad that the shadiest character in the movie said it. Even agent Smith was more noble than Cipher.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sinistar said:
Telling an AFC he needs to be Positively Masculine just doesn't work,...To those still living within the Matrix, it may actually backfire and re-enforce their position.
I struggle against this constantly and this is a major sticking point in my writing; I have to assume that my reader is entirely unfamiliar with any of the terminology of 'the community' AND is unaware that (for lack of a better term) he's in the Matrix. In fact the very pointing out of the Matrix becomes ridiculous to most guys, because it countermands everything they've internalized and been conditioned to understand since puberty (and sometimes earlier). Now add to this the inherent 'cheesy-ness' with which most "how to get girls" books are automatically associated with and you'll get what I'm up against.

The working title of my book is Positive Masculinity and has little to do with "how to get girls" (though this is a by product of PM), but anything that purports to be some kind of exposé on gender written by a man is immediately suspect. Needless to say it's an uphill battle.

I'm a Matrix movie fan myself (thus my sig) and I think it's a fair analogy, but what you're really describing, from a psychological POV is called ego-investment. This is a widely recognized dynamic across many schools of psychology; a person becomes so invested in his/her personal beliefs, idealizations, conditioning that they transfer to the person's ego - in essence their belief is an integral part of their personality. Thus and attack on that belief is a literal attack on that person's personality. It's akin to converting a life-long Catholic, raised by Catholic parents, to Judaism by convincing them that everything anyone they've been associated with in the church has been wrong. Ego-investment crosses, religious, political, societal and personal beliefs and idealizations, and absolutely our perceptions of how intersexual relationships should be engaged in.

In my opinion, the internalization of the soulmate myth (the Fallacy of the ONE) is the single most damaging ego-investment the world has ever known.

Very few guys are ready to be unplugged from the Matrix and many who are aware of it don't want to be unplugged. This is part and parcel of ego-investment - even in light of incontrovertible, empirical proof contrary to an ego-investment the person will still cling to a comfortable fiction or a convenient rationalization in order to preserve their personality. This is classic AFC mental schema. Unfortunately it takes a sufficient personal trauma in an ego-invested person's life for them to even see the outlines of the Matrix. This is why we commonly get guys seeking out answers on our forum post-breakup. In fact there are really only 2 kinds of newbies who come here; those who want to find out how to get the girl of their dreams and those wanting some kind of consolation for breaking up with or enduring a horrible relationship with who they thought was the gitl of their dreams. These ae the 'seekers' that we need to unplug first.

One principle of personality psychology that I emphtically subscribe to is that we are all intimately aware of our own conditions, even when this is subconsciously or peripherally recognized. You'll have a very difficult time convincing a married AFC with 3 children that the way he understands intergender relations will ultimately destroy his life. He's too invested in his beliefs because his conditions are such that they dictate he necessarily understand things in the way he does to sustain them. He's locked in the Matrix by necessity and anything that challenges his ego-investment is a threat, not only to his personality, but to the responsibilities of his conditions. So understandably, he develops mental defense schemas to protect himself. These might manifest in behaviors as ridiculing and stereotyping masculinity (reinforced by feminized pop-culture I might add). He may adopt a 'misery loves company approach' and seek to enlist other men to share in his beliefs and thus his misery. He may simply accept his deficiencies as just being a part of "the way he is."

There are many more examples of this, but the challenge remains - how do you reach a man in this state? How do you help a guy use his eyes for the first time?

Vulpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You need a "Trinity" to tell the "Neo's":

"Please, Neo. You've been down that road before. You know exactly where it leads."

And a "Switch" to hold a gun to Neo's face.

You need to find the motivator. You have to prompt a person to visualize an "after" scenario. Here's where you are, and it sucks. Now imagine what things will be like after.

Maybe we should play up no0b's one-itises.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Vulpine said:
You need a "Trinity" to tell the "Neo's":

"Please, Neo. You've been down that road before. You know exactly where it leads."

And a "Switch" to hold a gun to Neo's face.

You need to find the motivator. You have to prompt a person to visualize an "after" scenario. Here's where you are, and it sucks. Now imagine what things will be like after.

Maybe we should play up no0b's one-itises.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the analogy, and I've got the Matrix on my DVD shelf...but you may want to avoid beating this metaphor into the ground.

Sinistar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I really like the analogy, and I've got the Matrix on my DVD shelf...but you may want to avoid beating this metaphor into the ground.
Okay, I can't resist...

1.) The Matrix existed in its first form when the first pathetic dude supplicated to get pvssy. Then it just replicated in a geometric pattern to what it is today.

2.) Women can not exist entirely outside the Matrix because to do so requires shedding irrational/emotional responses in favor of logic and practicallity.

3.) The concept of the 'soulmate' is a myth injected into the matrix to give hope and perpetuate ideals (ie controls) over the subconcious awareness that life is not based soley on luck and fate, rather it is based on taking actions and experiencing reactions.

4.) Women know at a subconscious level (well actually it's just instinct but this is partly for fun) that the ideal relationship is with a MAN not a man (where man = inside matrix, MAN = aware/outside matrix).

5.) Mystery, confidence, natural C&F, etc are actually filtered perceptions of someone inside the matrix interacting with someone who has stepped outside. The woman can't really grasp what it is, yet is is pleasing, reassuring and feels right to them with no way to logically explain it.

6.) Attenion Wh0res are programs (think agent Smith) designed to confuse AFC's and bring out their emotional sides which are inherently stabilizing to the matrix.

7.) The programmed flaw of the Attention Wh0re is that in rare cases, the AFC obtains a glimpse (via direct emotional pain) of his existence within a larger construct and questions it. This leads one after another to discover that there is something greater. Hence they use their eyes for the first time :)

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the scene in the matrix where Neo is walking down the street with Morpheus and then get distracted by a hot woman in a red dress only to discover its an agent with a gun ready to blow him away, really speaks volumes with its comparison to this site.

RedPill

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJDamage said:
I think the scene in the matrix where Neo is walking down the street with Morpheus and then get distracted by a hot woman in a red dress only to discover its an agent with a gun ready to blow him away, really speaks volumes with its comparison to this site.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woman_in_the_Red_Dress

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As Mencken said in "Last Words";

"It is based upon propositions that are palpably not true and what is not true, as everyone knows, is always immensely more fascinating and satisfying to the vast majority of men that what is true. Truth has a harshness that alarms them, and an air of finality that collides with their incurable romanticism." He was speaking of democracy however, not male female relations but his words could just as easily apply to it.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The truth will set you free,..but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

A-Unit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

It might be overused, or cliched, but the Matrix analogy is still the best and easiest to understand.

Part of man's mind is nothing more than a Matrix that soaks up information and spits it back, regardless of whether it assists his life or inhibits it. The other part, what I will dub the Spirit, is what you are. It's basic component is and state is [Happiness]. That happiness we all have, on a very deep, subconsious level. It's there. It's the hope to keep moving no matter how things are. It's the happiness experienced each day.

When you watch other guys fail, or faulter, you can immediately see THEIR MIND IS NOT AWAKE. They're using OUT-dated programs to work within an environment that is far more advanced. Even trying to upload DJ 2006.00won't work, because the underlying "system", is still DOS-based, and doesn't have enough RAM to work to its peak performance.

The RED Pill all men take is coming here, or any site like this. That RED pill, when Neo first took it, doesn't mean you GET it all at once (even then Neo wasn't uploaded with his programs that made him NEAR as powerful as he would soon become), but it does mean you NOW have to control over mind, for better or worse, and you realize, if you're not careful, that there are programs that will guide you along if you choose not to accept this responsibility of OWNING your mind and therefore YOUR OWN life. These programs of control, or veils on the mind, are family expectations and beliefs, friend's expectations and beliefs, peers expectation's and beliefs, society's expectation's and beliefs; they're any EXTERNAL program, just like the one Neo had, and all the other's of Zion had been stuck to UNTIL the Red Pill was introduced into their system.

Once that happens, you still fumble around, because it's like learning to crawl, when you thought you could walk, but it was really FAKE walking. As an example, some guys HAD success, but it was luck based on EXTERNAL things. Maybe it was because you played football, so by virtue of your position you had a GF, but she trul controlled the relationship. Or maybe you had a nice car, or plenty of money, so you would get pvssy, but it wouldn't last long and she wouldn't treat you right for very long. Whatever it was, it was NOT based on who you are from YOUR AWAKENED STATE.

Eventually, you realize this MATRIX, as Neo soon realizes when he's shot, and then subsequently when he shoots down the Robots with his mind is that there's other levels, and that what you THOUGHT you needed you don't. The ONLY thing holding Neo back WAS HIMSELF. Even the power he finally attained, Morpheus could not have fathomed, and so if Neo had ASKED Morpheus about this power, he could not have given him direction, therefore Neo's potential would have been far less than, oh flying, and killing, and mind-energy, and all the other stuff he had going on.

And the same is true here, once you've taken the pill, guys then think they'll get EVERY seduction book, and go to all the seminars, and that they need to approach 1000 women, or 100 women, or to stop masturbating to increase their testosterone levels by .01% and then the increase will get them a babe that's 1 degree hotter, so they'd get an 8 instead of a 7, or a 9 instead of an 8, and life will be grand. But again, you're still a slave to your mind, that's holding your powers back once more. It isn't WOMEN that you need to fix or learn about, it's YOU, because this WOMAN issue thing is NEVER-ending. Whether you choose to be an eternal bachelor, or marry 10 wives, women are always around, they're always unpredictable, emotional, sexy, crazy, and perhaps vindictive and nuts. The gf or wife you have now, might try to cut your prick off, or stay your stuff, or she might get knocked up, or she might just turn out to be PERFECT. Whatever it is, the only constant IN THIS game, of women and life is YOU. That's it. And unless you're a supreme person, MAN, and player on the 999th level of combat, (which you owe it to yourself to get to), she will never change, she will never be what you expect, but life will always deliver curveballs to which you must swing or take, because you CANNOT CONTROL the pitcher.

And although it's perceived that Neo dies, his energy merely goes into the system, which speaks on many levels about life and love and God and religion. But that's for another site, not our's. Neo's mind is freed. Finally. And he's free, and that freedom generates power and freedom for other's. This site is JUST another Matrix for the UN-free minds who seek to come here, because all of those minds constantly exist UNDER the control of their mind, and that is, they'll find the HOLY grail. Previously, it was that they'd find the ONE. The one woman who'd they love forever, and would be easy to approach and never leave him. When they fails, the foolish man, yet not un-free, thinks that the DJ BIBLE, or constantly picking up chicks will do it. He tries to find HIMSELF through the site, or the program, or the bible. But he won't. He just becomes a slave to ANOTHER matrix of control. He's not INTUNE with HIS, deeper self and passions.

The only way to be free is to divorce yourself from the mind and its wants. YOU can want. YOU CAN use the mind as a TOOL, to think, to add, to reason, but it's a tool, it's not a robot that's alive, like Cyberdine systems. The mind has been empowered, and the previous STRONG men, are now weak, operating as slaves to the mind that are now INPUT with lots of cool things like EYEBROW waxing and METRO styles. They don't know their TRUE identity. The biggest example of the GREAT hoax is how, people make happiness some ACHIEVEABLE goal. Isn't that cheap? How can happiness be achieveable, and how can we only say we're happy when we pacify the ego? We can't! Happiness is WHO we are, only people forget. You're happy to be alive, to experience, to see, to view, to do, to be. That's it. What more is needed? If something is good, or something is bad, they're just experiences, they're not life. Life is LIVING, each day, and that's life. Life in the end isn't the SUM of all your experiences, positives subtracted from negatives. Life is here. Life is now, you reading these letters. Life is the MOMENT. That's the ONLY thing that exists. The mind CAN only exist WITH You in the present moment.

A-Unit

DarkLight

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great Posts.
Much wisdom to drink from, feel and see through.

As a few of you have pointed out... the most powerful point in the analogy of the matrix to the game... is where NEO (you) actualize the truth learned. Stepping into some of the wisdom offered here is altogether very challenging. For it destroys the conditioned egoic mind (AFC) into our true spirit of MAN (DJ). A massive energetic transformation. Both in itself as well as against the massive predominant forces at play, through "society." To the degree that you live your learnings into truth... so will be the gifts returned. For it is the challenge of clarity, responsibility, courage, etc. (all true qualitites of strength), reflecting their power back unto us.

The game, the matrix, life........... all a dream to awaken and realize as such.
Granted you have the heart to do so. ; )

SuaveOn'