Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Style, non-work / non-formal attire

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I am a jeans and t-shirt type of guy. When you guys are out and about just walking around or going somewhere to hang out (not see ladies or anything), what do you guys where? I headed down to New York earlier in the day and I see most men wearing fitted shirts and stuff. Problem is, I do not like tight fitted clothing. So those slim fits do not work for me. My thighs are like tree trunks, and my arms are even tight around the t-shirts I wear now, and XL. I tried wearing those slim fit shirts to look more modern at Brooks Brothers, but one tore in the store (chest and back). Thus, I wear loose fitted shirts. Even when I have to where a shirt and tie / suit, it's a relaxed fit. I have no idea how men wear those tight fitted jeans and shirts. They are so uncomfortable.

Ideas?

Billtx49

Reaction score
Any big reputable jean company offers various fits and styles for men. Look at Wrangler and others. I also believe VanHuesen has various size dress and casual shirts. Do some research, it’s a big market, then buy.
Comfort and style without being too big and sloppy is your key, not necessarily a popular age group brand.

Last edited:

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I like to mix professional with casual, which ends up being practical. I'm on the road constantly, so it works.

Button down work shirt, cargo pants, sandals.

The shirt looks professional, the cargo pants (yes, I use the extra pockets) are practical, the sandals are casual.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I like to mix professional with casual, which ends up being practical. I'm on the road constantly, so it works.

Button down work shirt, cargo pants, sandals.

The shirt looks professional, the cargo pants (yes, I use the extra pockets) are practical, the sandals are casual.
Yep, mixing is a good idea. I do also, gives me the added versatility needed for more venues…

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a jeans and t-shirt type of guy. When you guys are out and about just walking around or going somewhere to hang out (not see ladies or anything), what do you guys where? I headed down to New York earlier in the day and I see most men wearing fitted shirts and stuff. Problem is, I do not like tight fitted clothing. So those slim fits do not work for me. My thighs are like tree trunks, and my arms are even tight around the t-shirts I wear now, and XL. I tried wearing those slim fit shirts to look more modern at Brooks Brothers, but one tore in the store (chest and back). Thus, I wear loose fitted shirts. Even when I have to where a shirt and tie / suit, it's a relaxed fit. I have no idea how men wear those tight fitted jeans and shirts. They are so uncomfortable.

Ideas?

hard to comment without knowing your measurements..

One thing that is important is dressing your age..

If you are huge and you wanna look the part, find a celeb you like the style of and is a similar size and check out his wardrobe and emulate.

You can still wear formal but make it look casual by wearing it loose and mixing with some casual stuff. I.e loose tshirt and loose suit pants with trainers etc.. The Larry David look is in for this season. http://www.fashionbeans.com/category/mens-street-style/

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Large chest, decent sized arms. I can usually rock an XL in a shirt. 32 waist, but cannot wear skinny jeans. Too tight against my thighs and groin area (rather endowed, and it's not a blessing). I had some gift cards from past birthdays from Nordstrom, so I went there in the city and picked up some nicer shirts. jeans and some pants/shorts. Went over to Allen Edmonds to pickup some nice shoes as they had 60% off. I know how to dress, I just am more comfortable in relaxed jeans, t-shirt and sneaks. I am a minimalist, so it's really hard for me to spend a lot of money on non-necessities. I know this is opposite the area vibe, but I'm pretty simple and try to keep my life that way. I honestly do not know how men wear tight cloths, I do not like the way that skinny shyt fits. It's skin tight to your body. Ladies wear those clothes. It now seems men are wearing them too? Not just the gays, but I saw normal men wearing skin tight pants and shirts. Incredibly uncomfortable. Though, I will agree, I dress more like in college due to the comfort than a 36 year old man. Plus, I really do not want to pay for dry cleaning. I bought some wrinkle free shirts. I'll see how those work. Still, I am not comfortable dressing up. Yes. I consider a button down shirt and pants or anything that needs to be dry cleaned dressing up.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Large chest, decent sized arms. I can usually rock an XL in a shirt. 32 waist, but cannot wear skinny jeans. Too tight against my thighs and groin area (rather endowed, and it's not a blessing). I had some gift cards from past birthdays from Nordstrom, so I went there in the city and picked up some nicer shirts. jeans and some pants/shorts. Went over to Allen Edmonds to pickup some nice shoes as they had 60% off. I know how to dress, I just am more comfortable in relaxed jeans, t-shirt and sneaks. I am a minimalist, so it's really hard for me to spend a lot of money on non-necessities. I know this is opposite the area vibe, but I'm pretty simple and try to keep my life that way. I honestly do not know how men wear tight cloths, I do not like the way that skinny shyt fits. It's skin tight to your body. Ladies wear those clothes. It now seems men are wearing them too? Not just the gays, but I saw normal men wearing skin tight pants and shirts. Incredibly uncomfortable. Though, I will agree, I dress more like in college due to the comfort than a 36 year old man. Plus, I really do not want to pay for dry cleaning. I bought some wrinkle free shirts. I'll see how those work. Still, I am not comfortable dressing up. Yes. I consider a button down shirt and pants or anything that needs to be dry cleaned dressing up.

Ok you dont have to wear skinny jeans like I say loose fitting garments are back this year. But if you want the ladies to notice then you gotta somewhat follow the latest trends, and trust me they notice what you wear more than you would like to think. First 2 outfits on this page are casual go to outfits and you can wear them loose:

http://www.fashionbeans.com/article/go-to-looks-wardrobe-staples/

Chino shorts and chino pants, these aren't skinny fit. Get your self some short and long sleeve polo shirts, white sneakers and some cool none sporty sun glasses and a woven belt and you are down.

Also get a few tshirts and some long sleeve shirts to layer up with, throw on some jeans (don't have to be skinny but not mega baggy), and then if you wanna grab a drink somewhere a little classy, throw on a casual type blazer instead of the long sleeve shirt. (see the 3rd outfit on the page)

All these items are wardrobe staples that you can wear year in year out. Hope this helps.

greatsnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
usually dark blue or black jeans, clarks (desert boots) and a blazer/nice jacket.

the shirt is usually lighter so what you're wearing balances out

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Ok you dont have to wear skinny jeans like I say loose fitting garments are back this year. But if you want the ladies to notice then you gotta somewhat follow the latest trends, and trust me they notice what you wear more than you would like to think. First 2 outfits on this page are casual go to outfits and you can wear them loose:

http://www.fashionbeans.com/article/go-to-looks-wardrobe-staples/

Chino shorts and chino pants, these aren't skinny fit. Get your self some short and long sleeve polo shirts, white sneakers and some cool none sporty sun glasses and a woven belt and you are down.

Also get a few tshirts and some long sleeve shirts to layer up with, throw on some jeans (don't have to be skinny but not mega baggy), and then if you wanna grab a drink somewhere a little classy, throw on a casual type blazer instead of the long sleeve shirt. (see the 3rd outfit on the page)

All these items are wardrobe staples that you can wear year in year out. Hope this helps.
I picked up some chinos and some linen pants and shirts. I also picked up some nice shoes from an Allen Edmonds sale and a few cool looking moccasins. I have black sneakers, some white sneakers, but they are just Rebook. My ex told me they look like old man's sneaks so I only wear them working out. I picked up some polos too. I do not do well with white for some reason. I always seem to get them dirty. I mostly have grays, blues and greens. The late two match my eyes. Miss the time when men could dress like men and not metrosexuals. I've tried to add a sports jacket, but they are so uncomfortable. I do not like being hot, but I am trying to update my clothing attire. It's still a work in progress. Not cheap though. I guess I see where the ladies spend their disposable income. Normally, I shop at Kohls and TJ Maxx. Upgrading to these more expensive places such as Nordstrom and such is an eye opening experience in terms of prices. Sticker shock to the extreme.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I picked up some chinos and some linen pants and shirts. I also picked up some nice shoes from an Allen Edmonds sale and a few cool looking moccasins. I have black sneakers, some white sneakers, but they are just Rebook. My ex told me they look like old man's sneaks so I only wear them working out. I picked up some polos too. I do not do well with white for some reason. I always seem to get them dirty. I mostly have grays, blues and greens. The late two match my eyes. Miss the time when men could dress like men and not metrosexuals. I've tried to add a sports jacket, but they are so uncomfortable. I do not like being hot, but I am trying to update my clothing attire. It's still a work in progress. Not cheap though. I guess I see where the ladies spend their disposable income. Normally, I shop at Kohls and TJ Maxx. Upgrading to these more expensive places such as Nordstrom and such is an eye opening experience in terms of prices. Sticker shock to the extreme.
It don't have to be expensive, go on asos and use the filters to get the price and style range you want. If you see a nice shirt and the model has a cool outfit to go with it, click 'buy the look' at the bottom of the page, and there you have got an outfit that's been picked by a stylist. You can't go wrong here. Also they now cater for people who are really tall, muscular etc.

I rarely spend a lot of money on clothes unless its something that needs to last.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
It don't have to be expensive, go on asos and use the filters to get the price and style range you want. If you see a nice shirt and the model has a cool outfit to go with it, click 'buy the look' at the bottom of the page, and there you have got an outfit that's been picked by a stylist. You can't go wrong here. Also they now cater for people who are really tall, muscular etc.

I rarely spend a lot of money on clothes unless its something that needs to last.
Never heard of a company calls asos. It was a couple hundred for the shirts. The shoes were a bit more. Wasn't too crazy, but much higher than I normally spend from TJ Maxx and Kohls.