"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

stupid question but..slightly OT

Pac_Man

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2001
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
U.S.A
Why do you people text message instead of just calling the girl or person?? It's much easier to call and for them to answer than actually typing the letters in your phone. And much quicker too.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

-HPNOTIQ-

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 3, 2003
Messages
821
Reaction score
11
Location
Seattle, WA
i see this phenomina happening a lot lately with the whole text message craze...i think people are accepting it more since a lot of communication nowdays is text based (aol instant messanger, bb's like this one, ect)

i think that texting is was too impersonaly and destroys your opportunity to use your voice and charm...

however, text messaging is a good way to send a clever c/f note...
 

Seeph

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 18, 2003
Messages
145
Reaction score
1
Location
Cloud 9
Sometimes txting is the right thing to use, it all depends on the situation. For example if you're in a meeting or in class you can txt "lets get together when I get out of class" it lets the girl know that your thinking of her and that makes her feel special.. But this can be overused. Never use txting or sms when setting up a date.. use it only as a pre-requisit to the phone call. in the example above if the girl responds with an ok or positive response reply with "Ill be out at X:XX time call me" and put your phone away. This requires the girl to show initiative and makes her have to work to get together with you.. you set the bait and wait to see if she bites. It is also good to use after a date or such that you closed on and there need to be things said that would just be a waste of time on the phone. such as "I had a great time earlier, call me tomorrow" (hopefully she is the one sending this) and the guy to reply with something like "ok".

In a nut-shell think of txting or sms as an ADJECTIVE for the phone call.. it is also a good way to test someones IL after you hang out with them because text-messages are the easiest thing for someone to ignore or make an excuse as to why they didnt get it or couldn't reply.. If the girl really cant send txt's then she will call you. Now I'm starting to ramble so I hope this helps.
 

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
2,582
Reaction score
5
Age
42
Location
Montreal
SMS is a huge phenomenon in Europe right now. There is no difference between SMS and actually doing your groceries.

However, I do agree though. I never SMS a girl. Unless it's to tease.

Each SMS costs me 10 cents plus 5 minutes to ****ing type it.


No girl is worth that. I might as well just talk to her.
 
Top