Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Study shows 50% of all women have a backup man they string along (sometimes for years )

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
In today's dating market with the abundance of Simps and Beta males it should come as no surprise that women have backup guys.

A recent study has revealed that almost half of women have another man in the background they can run to when their current relationship ends; married women inclusive.

A study carried out among 1000 women in the UK revealed that about half of women have a man in the shadows as plan B should their current relationship end.

The Plan B is more likely to be an old friend who has always had feelings for her; it could also be an ex or a colleague or someone she met at the gym.

A spokesperson for online market research company onepoll.com said “for our research to establish that almost 50 percent of women in relationships have a Plan B is a worrying sign”.

The research also found that the Plan B is probably someone she has known for around seven years and more likely someone that would be ready and waiting for unfinished business.

One in ten women revealed that their Plan B has confessed undying love for them, while one in five revealed he would drop everything for her if she asked him to.

About four in ten revealed that they met their Plan B while with their current partner and a similar number revealed that he has been there long before.

Interestingly, one in four amazingly have same feelings for their back up as they do for their partner, while an incredible 12 percent revealed that they even had stronger feelings.

So does your lady have a backup lover or are you a backup lover to another lady?

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My backup plan when my LTR ex and I broke up?

Less tension, no more passive-aggressive BS, hanging with my guy friends and Doberman more, screwing many women half my age, making more $, watching anything I want on tv, more sleep, and no accountability for whatever I do.

Women should only be a small side dish, not the main course, on your huge plate of food in life.

Word.

Dash

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The juice isnt worth the squeeze, ..............women are architects of their own misery.

if you want to keep her around keep her in side chic mode, never move in hers, see her 2 times a week at most

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
She doesn’t actually consider the “backup” guy to be a True Plan B. Plan B is an action plan that you would definitely implement if Plan A fails.

She’s not really going to F/date/marry her Plan B guy if the wheels come off with the Plan A guy.

Plan B guy is just a PLACEHOLDER in her mind. It makes her FEEL more secure, but that’s it. She will simply find a NEW Plan A guy if it doesn’t work out with the first.

Plan B guy is typically a friendzoned guy that she likes but she feels little to no attraction towards.

TLDR: It’s over for contingencycels.

Last edited:

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Interestingly, one in four amazingly have same feelings for their back up as they do for their partner, while an incredible 12 percent revealed that they even had stronger feelings.
This is just a straight up lie, whether intentional or not. If they felt any attraction towards their orbiter, they'd have ****ed them already.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys have backup gals too.
Only the really needy and desperate ones. No strong-minded man should "need" a woman to "complete him." Sorry Jerry McGuire...

I get that some guys really want the married life and kids. That's fine. I'm not against that at all, it's just not my choice. If one does go this route, keep in mind it's like putting all of your money--everything: savings, 401K, IRA, portfolio $--on one stock. You can do all the research you want and pour through analysis and get opinions from experts, but there's nothing you can affect regarding what's going on behind closed doors at that company like bad deals, cooked books, turnover, competition, economy, etc. So, you do have a chance of losing basically everything at no fault of your own. It's the same with a marriage these days.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
My backup plan when my LTR ex and I broke up?

Less tension, no more passive-aggressive BS, hanging with my guy friends and Doberman more, screwing many women half my age, making more $, watching anything I want on tv, more sleep, and no accountability for whatever I do.

Women should only be a small side dish, not the main course, on your huge plate of food in life.

Word.

Dash

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This isn't exactly an epiphany. They're called "orbiters" and I would say most women have them to some extent if they are attractive. Some women are worse than others and actively encourage their orbiters to shower them with validation/attention despite being in an LTR with another man. I am sure these are the "50%" the article is referring to.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Exactly. Orbiter is the precise term here. The orbiter believes he is a solid Plan B for when she is ready. But as I said, she never activates Plan B; she just swaps out Plan A.

It’s like a long time worker trying to get promoted to the next higher position, but it never happens. They bring in an outsider for the position. When the outsider leaves, they put a different outsider in that position.

Last edited:

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. Orbiter is the precise term here. The orbiter believes he is a solid Plan B for when she is ready. But as I said, she never activates Plan B; she just swaps out Plan A.

It’s like a long time worker trying to get promoted to the next higher position, but it never happens. They bring in an outsider for the position. When the outsider leaves, they put a different outsider in that position.
If true. Here’s where male/female equivalence breaks down. If my current ‘A’ girl doesn’t work out. My ‘B’ girl is definitely up next.

AlphaDraconis

Don Juan
Reaction score
In today's dating market with the abundance of Simps and Beta males it should come as no surprise that women have backup guys.

Of course, thanks to social media + social construct called ‘male friends’.

This is why so many women in LTRs don’t give damn about exploiting their partner’s or generally treating them like sh1t because they know if the guy dumps them, they always have a safety net.

Also, having lots of orbiters gives them leverage because the boyfriend is always on his toes wondering if or when he might be dumped for one of these guys. Consequently, with simps, this causes them to kiss her ass more.

Now, if the boot’s on the other foot, and a guy has a female friend, you can be sure as hell his actual GF will have serious issues with that. Why? Because she wants to be the one who can manipulate through triangulation — not the other way around.

I advise avoiding such women like the plague, but if you choose to stick around, I advise you to get an Oriental female friend. It’s a little known secret that white women are seriously intimidated by Oriental women because they fear that all men have an Asian / Oriental fetish.

You want her to give up her back up d1cks? Bring Mei Ling into the equation.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically that study says that women have orbiters , which is not new news

usually the so called back up guys are placeholders , like other guys said here , and will be a tampon for them once they go out of the relationship

sure , in some ocasitions they would date the guys after , but in most cases they will not

they know that by involving sex with a guy there is no way back and things are very likely to brake , so they will not jeopardize this on their own will

AlphaDraconis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically that study says that women have orbiters , which is not new news

usually the so called back up guys are placeholders , like other guys said here , and will be a tampon for them once they go out of the relationship

sure , in some ocasitions they would date the guys after , but in most cases they will not

they know that by involving sex with a guy there is no way back and things are very likely to brake , so they will not jeopardize this on their own will
Generally correct but women enjoy providing the impression that they can have sex with these guys. They won’t say it directly, rather they’ll wax lyrical about them until she has her guy on his toes. ‘Oh Joe is so funny, we have private conversations all the time’, ‘Mike has lost weight and looks great’ etc, etc. Then, once her guy eventually loses his cool, she turns into the victim, ‘OMG can’t I talk to other guys without you getting jealous?’

Like I said, watch her totally lose her sh1t if you even mention another girl’s name (Playing her at her own game).

It’s one set of rules for you, another set for her.

She’s the player - not the played.

AlphaDraconis

Don Juan
Reaction score
And another thing to take into account. If you tolerate her sh1t, with all of her orbiters, and start working harder to please her (competition anxiety), she’ll know she can cheat on you with impunity, and you’ll stick around for more humiliation.

Let her be someone else’ problem until she hits the wall, and ends up with cats.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No surprise. Even if she doesn't have a "backup" riding the bench, all she needs to do is step outside the house to find one. This, however, should not concern you.