"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Study Help

jiza101

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
614
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Location
Making the most of MY life
Can you guys give me some tips on studying. My parents have come home and said if i dont get 85 in my VCE, then i have to pay for my own uni fees = 20,000.
I need some tips on studying and stuff, im desperate, i have 12 weeks left to final exams. So please guys post your tips, im starting to stress.:(
BTW this is in australia, melbourne.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 1, 2003
Messages
705
Reaction score
1
Age
38
Location
!Robin Hood country, Uk!
Right i'm from England so forgive me if any of this is not relevant, firstly, calm down, there is nothing you can do if you're hyped up.
The second thing is revise, condense your notes into smaller notes, memorise them then copy them down from memory.
 

Capi Crimini

Banned
Joined
Sep 1, 2003
Messages
855
Reaction score
0
Location
Hell
"VCE"? Whas that...

FINALS!!!!!!!! your taking finals my first month of school... talk about speed programing. lol

1.Set up an hour or two everyday.Same time if you can help it...

20 minutes before do this clear your workspace. Make sure nothing is there but your study material. If you want you can play soft or classical (no words) music, turn it down so it's slighty hearable.

that should take you five minutes...

Next five minutes get something to eat... Nothing big... Some cheese, crackers whatever... Something to fill you and keep you energized.

Now drink a glass of water.... and fill one and put it on your desk.

For another five minutes just write down whatever is flowing through your brain... Just try to clear it and put it on paper.

For the final five minutes.
Lay or Recline so your somfortable....

Imagine Walking down a spiral flight of stairs. Every step... and on this stairs are numbers 1-100... the top step is 100... read these in your mind(might be hard at first)when you get to the bottom imagine a ladder climb down this ladder, when your there Imagine there Being a huge screen. And on this screen imagine all the text you have to absorb and you absorbing it, ect.

That should really help calm you down. It sounds cheesy but wil really work...

You might need more or less then 5 minutes thats just a guide.

For studying... Write everything... It's a pain but I solidifys it in your mind... I taught myself to write decently with my left hadn mirrored(backwards so you can read it in a mirror.) So i write it with both hand at a time while reading it...It being notes.... Takes concentration but I REALLY remember it... I can almost quote a whole little booklet(1-5pages) by memory a few weeks later... course thats overkill.... the best way is to outline it...

Title.
......A.Subject
...........I.Note
....................A.Note
....................B.Note
............II.Note2.
............III.Note3.

General rule I use is you should have at least have 4subjects...3.notes...and 2notes per note... though more is nicer that helps it keep it spread....

Wirte down all the main people's names backwards and forwards three times.... a little summary.

Matriculate
Erudite
Mom and dad.
Ostenacious
Retinue
Yoke

there is a slight theme of the above for you...;) and those words make memory...

So fun things like put words or objects in scentences

for englis grab a root dictionary or read up on Latin... I was teaching it on this site but no one cared... :rolleyes:

Precipice; cliff steep overhang
the precipitation, combined with ice, was responsible for his driving off the precipice

History; do outlines.... draw stuff... Be creative.... Most Important have fun and don't sweat it.... If you study hard... the last few days before the finals relax and kick back... it's shown to actually help people... as long as they learned the material first:p

anyway.... thas my 2c.... I don't know what else to say just be creative and have fun... remember to relax,.
 

Centy

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 7, 2004
Messages
68
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
sydney, AUS
that sounds like a way overkill...

what I usually do and what works for me is to just skim the texbook once, then reread it a couple of times. then go to bed. next morning i remember everything. when i want to recall some particular info, I visualize the textbook and that I'm turning the pages until I find the page where the info is, then the paragrahp and the particular line of info I need.

this method did wonders for me since I never ever did any homework, i just showed up in class that was it... and usually started to read for an exam the night before. i still managed to graduate with a pretty high average.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top