"Nervous Around Beautiful Women? There's a Rule for That"

I could talk to any woman I wasn't attracted to. Charming, funny, relaxed. Then a gorgeous woman looked my way and I'd become a sweating, babbling mess.

The fix took me years to find and ten minutes to learn. Nervousness and excitement are the same physical state — pounding heart, adrenaline, flushed face. Your brain just picks the label. And you can pick a better one.

Rule 16 shows you how. You feel the nerves, relabel them as excitement, and let that energy pour out as enthusiasm. Women notice the guy radiating it. They always do.

Read more...

strange kind of girl to chase: need advice

Lancer

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
Alright, here's the situation:

The girl I'm interested in right now is a girl that I knew before in high school - not very well, but just someone one or two jumps from my group of friends. She's not someone that I would normally go out with to chill or anything, or even talk to much, but enough to less than "friend" and more than "acquaintance".

Not sure how to pursue this one, because for a girl that I just met on the street, I could call her up and it would be obvious that I am trying to go out with her... but not that -unknown- kind of factor.

More like an old person you know, but not really know. It has a strange feeling to call her up to ask her to ask her to go out, you know? Like, "Why is he calling me?"

You guys have any advice?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Aztec

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 20, 2001
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
1
Location
New Jersey
You said that you knew this girl since high school even only as acquaintance.

Are you college (or post-college) age? Because if you are, you have to change your mentality on interacting with the opposite sex. Don't worry about she might think (because she may be elated to hear from you) or the "other kids at the next lunch table" may think.

Now rescrew your balls and take that risk!
 

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 17, 2001
Messages
319
Reaction score
1
"Why is he calling me?"

I always think "why is this person calling me" when I answer the phone. Women, buddies, my mother. Phone calls are made for a reason. If someone calls me and has nothing to say, it really pisses me off. It is totally normal for everyone to wonder why someone is calling them. She could think of you as the 8th wonder of the world and still wonder what it is you're calling her about. No reason to be stressed on that at all.

As for asking her out...same as any other woman. She's just another braud. So she's a friend of a friend. That's how I've gotten half the women I've bagged.
 

Lancer

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
Hahaha.. who knows? Anyways, I called her a few days before to see if she wanted to go out, and she agreed, but called me the morning of that day to cancel because something came up.

Guess I'll give it another shot and see how it goes from there.
 

Lancer

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
Hmm.. just called her again to ask her to come out this week, and everything went smoothly - except, after discussing plans, she asked me to call her back to confirm 'after checking with everyone else's schedule' (of our mutual friends names).

Damn, didn't even mention them, but she automatically assumed I'm organizing going out like I always do, instead of just calling her out.. anyone can think of a smooth solution? Not for this time, of course, as it is already done, but for next time I mean.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Lancer

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
... dude :eek:
 

Lancer

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
Damn, second time I was inviting her today, and she broke it off again. Actually, we made plans last week, and I called today to confirm.. turns out she forgot about it, and already made plans with someone else.

Low interest level? Or no interest level? What's a good way to take it from here?

Don't say the word 'next' though :D
 

JJMcLure

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2002
Messages
840
Reaction score
11
Originally posted by Lancer
Damn, second time I was inviting her today, and she broke it off again. Actually, we made plans last week, and I called today to confirm.. turns out she forgot about it, and already made plans with someone else.

Low interest level? Or no interest level? What's a good way to take it from here?
Yes it is low IL.

If she didn't counter offer, then she doesn't really want to go.

She has flaked twice (and the second excuse was weak and to be frank - an insult). Even if you get her on a date she will probably be bored and there because she had nothing else to do. And then you probably have to go through this sh1t again to get the 2nd date...

She isn't interested and you're effort is better spent elsewhere.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Lancer

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
Yeah, but there's no where else that I really want to spend the effort. I probably have a case of oneitis right now, but I'm pretty specific in the kind of girl I want, so I won't want to give up so easily this time.

I will be asking her a third time.. despite my own best instinct and also the recommendation of my friends.. so is there any best way to make the best of a bad situation? Or are ya'all just cutting me off here :D. Don't want to seem like I'm discounting your advices, but I do like this girl.
 

Lancer

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2002
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
Come on guys, throw me a witty ploy or something to use :p
 

Loke

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 3, 2001
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
Age
45
Location
Phoenix, AZ, USA
You can keep up bouncing around it and wondering everytime if she knew what your intentions were, or you can come right out with it.

You don't have to be over the top "I love you". But specify, "I was hoping it could be just us this time"

Or a little softer maybe "We've never really hung out alone before, I'd really like that, to get to know you better"


Loke
 
Top