Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Strange first date with Italian, her sister and an Italian Lawyer

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
I met this girl online. We had a date arranged for thursday. But a few hours before the date she said her sister reminded her they had a dinner with an italian lawyer who could be a useful contact for her (she is studying at law school). Generally i dont accept group dates so i tried to make excuses but she pleaded with me to come so i went along with it.

I join her and her sister and we take a taxi to the hotel where they've planned dinner and i make both girls laugh quite a lot including a joke which even made the taxi driver laugh. I meet the Italian lawyer who is short, fat and bald but very arrogant and i can tell he is trying to engage in one-upmanship but do not take the bait. We have dinner and they start speaking a lot in Italian only occasionally translating. At one stage the girl asks me if she looks like her profile photos-i say the first one-and she says yes because that was recent and ive changed my hair style. But apart from that she doesnt talk to me much and generally it is the sister who occasionally translates. Later i find out the italian supposedly has a serious girlfriend.

The Italian lawyer insists on paying the bill for us all. Which is nice because it was an expensive restaurant which i wouldnt have chosen myself. And they then insist i join them at a bar to have a watermelon martini. We go there and the italian is quite touchy feely with the girl. she seems to go along with it. A lot of the time i just stare into space and im quite bored as i feel left out. On one occasion they say they could imagine me as a guitarist (i think they interpreted my quietness and daydreaming as intellectual/musician type behaviour) i said i was a piano showing my hands and she said they were girly hands but then took my hands to compare size.

Eventually the lawyer and the sister leave and i get five minutes alone with the girl. i gaze at her and she returns good eye contact and i look away first. we talk and she says sorry we didnt get to have a proper date but she said that she found traditional dates a bit awkward and this way she could see how i reacted to situations (i cant remember her exact words).

Then they came back and said we had to go so we went our separate ways.

A few days later i texted her saying we should have a more intimate date just us to explore our chemistry. she replied that she agreed we didnt have much of a chance to talk privately and suggested coffee.

Im not really sure what to read into this.

Is she agreeing to a second date because she is giving me the benefit of the doubt and feeling bad that she put me in a weird situation with the italians. or should i treat it as a definite sign that she is attracted to me and wants to get to know me better and is open to being seduced.

Coffee is a rather insipid second date and wouldnt have been my choice so it makes me think she is unsure about me.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee is a rather insipid second date and wouldnt have been my choice so it makes me think she is unsure about me.
Well, you know what they say, always assume attraction.
You're right, coffee is kind of weak for a second date. I would just consider it a first date. You can't really count that business with the lawyer. It would be hard to look good under those circumstances. Just goes to show why you shouldn't get yourself into those kinds of situations.

I would just consider this a first date and show her you're the man.

Ease

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would probably have left when i lost their attention, sometimes staying will harm you while leaving will boost your position.

Lord Sidious

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, bro, here´s my view:

- a) I simply wouldn´t go to that "date change" (that you knew in the first place that would be a group date). Specially when these changes arise few time before...

- b) However, you accept! At the point you were there and started to be for yourself, with them talking Italian, you should have left.

- c) Even taking that BS all night, some days later you text her to set another date?!?!?!? What the hell, man!!!! Screw her!!

So, after what she did, you decide to go take a coffee with her. Man, just put her in her place and show her you´re the MAN!!!! Simply as that!!!

Take care, bro!

viking22

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well in fairness to her it was nicer of her to invite me along than to cancel the date completely and as she had never met me in her life was quite risky. Really it was my fault for accepting the group date.

As for the talking in Italian thing. That did piss me off. But i see it all the time with foreigners in the UK. The moment they get together with their fellow ex-pats they can't seem to help talking in their native tongue. Definitely once i saw the way the evening went i should have left early and gracefully while i was still involved in things.

Probably best to just ignore it and dazzle her on the coffee date

Neon Owl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
viking22 said:
she said that she found traditional dates a bit awkward and this way she could see how i reacted to situations (i cant remember her exact words).
So basically she set the whole date up as one giant sh1t test. It's only going to get worse from here on out.
She just wanted to put you in an awkward situation to watch you wiggle and squirm.
Expect more of this sh1t in the future from her.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally i dont accept group dates
I guess you learned your lesson then. I had a date last weds. night. At the last minute she asked me if I minded if her male orbiter friend tagged along. This guy is bipolar, arrogrant, and socially unaware. I just told her nah, life is too short. She said they had a miserable time and he got in a fight with a bouncer.