Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Strange college living situation.

imnexthere

Don Juan
Reaction score
I just got back from the college Ill be going to in the fall. They have a strange residence program that Ive never had any experience with. Maybe you college guys could tell me what Ill be in for.

They have no dorms because St Johns seems to have more money than places to spend it so they decided to take over a neighboring apartment village. They outright bought the entire place and are giving them out instead of on campus dormitories. This is something Ive never heard plus I really dont have any experience with college housing in general so Im not really sure what to expect. On the plus side these things are huge compared to the other college's dorms ive seen. Its mandatory freshman trippling (and freshmen are only with other freshmen) but the bedroom alone is dormroom size. Ill aslo have a nice sized living room, kitchen and a small bathroom.

Here are the possible downsides that Im thinking. If you guys have any tips and in general id like to hear opinions on whether this sounds better than regular dorming.

CONS:
Welcome to Catholic Univ. =
They are dry dorms.
No overnight female guests.
Visitation is 10am-12am sun-thurs
10am-2am fri-sat (does this policy seem comparable to to other colleges or more strict?)
Slightly less opportunity for socializing with the neighbors because unlike dorms these are separate closed apartments

It seems expensive 5300 plus cable tv, telephone and either buying food and cooking or grabbing caf. food.

PROS:
I seriously cant see how the univ can enforce any residence hall rules. They are separate apartments not with a central corridor (the entrance to each is on the street) and they dont seem to operate on a master key system. So, unless neighbors complain or the RAs bust in probation officer style how would they know if there are women sleeping over or alcohol there.

huge compared to dorms

no shared bathroom

cars allowed on campus

M2k961

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to get ahold of a freshman living there and interrogate him.

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Catholic University. hah, my friends brother goes there. Some eople are ****S there.
I dunno anythign about this dorm thing, but i can tell you my friends brother has had his room raided for beers, the RAs have placed a 6-pack in his room and then gotten him into trouble. Whole bunches of ****[but he prides himself in his empty liqour bottle-collection:p ] and he treats the RAs like ****.
As for the rooms, it seems like they probably won't ahve any ways of stopping you from getting beers and girls into your room. Sounds like a nice setup to me. I think ^he is in a normal dorm room thoguh, so I dunno.

BTW: I'm assuming thi si Catholic University in Washing ton DC yes?

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by imnexthere
I just got back from the college Ill be going to in the fall. They have a strange residence program that Ive never had any experience with. Maybe you college guys could tell me what Ill be in for.

They have no dorms because St Johns seems to have more money than places to spend it so they decided to take over a neighboring apartment village. They outright bought the entire place and are giving them out instead of on campus dormitories. This is something Ive never heard plus I really dont have any experience with college housing in general so Im not really sure what to expect. On the plus side these things are huge compared to the other college's dorms ive seen. Its mandatory freshman trippling (and freshmen are only with other freshmen) but the bedroom alone is dormroom size. Ill aslo have a nice sized living room, kitchen and a small bathroom.

Here are the possible downsides that Im thinking. If you guys have any tips and in general id like to hear opinions on whether this sounds better than regular dorming.

CONS:
Welcome to Catholic Univ. =
They are dry dorms.
No overnight female guests.
Visitation is 10am-12am sun-thurs
10am-2am fri-sat (does this policy seem comparable to to other colleges or more strict?)
Slightly less opportunity for socializing with the neighbors because unlike dorms these are separate closed apartments

It seems expensive 5300 plus cable tv, telephone and either buying food and cooking or grabbing caf. food.

PROS:
I seriously cant see how the univ can enforce any residence hall rules. They are separate apartments not with a central corridor (the entrance to each is on the street) and they dont seem to operate on a master key system. So, unless neighbors complain or the RAs bust in probation officer style how would they know if there are women sleeping over or alcohol there.

huge compared to dorms

no shared bathroom

cars allowed on campus
Visitation here:

Sun - Thurs: 2:30 PM-11:30 PM
Fri and Sat: 2:30 PM-1 AM

Alcohal isn't allowed...But it's not like they care around here. :D

We became friends with the RA's and Hall Director of both buildings (guys and girls) so we seem to have a free pass.

The rules for your "dorms" seem pretty relaxed compared to most other schools I've seen/visited. Remember, behold the power of friendship and loopholes.

blienk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe things are just really lax here, but those sound like some ridiculous restrictions to me. We're allowed to do pretty much whatever the hell we want (no set visitation hours, drinking is allowed in rooms). I'd definitely try to find out how strictly things are enforced. That's almost like living with parents.