"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Strange but true......

everblur

New Member
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi all,

Newbie here and I need advice. Bit strange but I'll just share it. Recently met this girl at my uni whom I've had my eyes for the whole semester (3 months), yes that's wayyyyyy too long but anyways..... I finally got the guts to go up to her and made friends. She's been giving me good signs ever since like sitting next to me, studying together, getting on the same train etc.....she's been also giving looks in the past. Though I tried my best to keep our conversation and meetings short we kinda like bump into each quite often in the same day. I didn't get her number cos I wanna keep the suspense by asking her MSN (some of you may think this is lame) but she doesn't use it *bummer!*.

The following week, I asked her for her number and she gave it to me (she had to look in her diary cos she can't remember it :confused: ) and I waited 3 days to call her and to my surprise, the number is a disconnected number!!! Now I know she's been giving me good signs but is it possible for a girl to suddenly not like you and gave you a non-existing number to get rid of you? Or....knowing she's a bit blur and forgetful person, she could have given me a wrong number by accident.

Now that we are on a 2 months break, there's no way I can reach her as I don't know where she lives, I don't have her friends' contact and I'd have see her in the next semester. If she wants to get rid of me, she should realise I'll be seeing in the 2 months and what would she say when she meets me?

Should I just ignore her when I meet her? Just act as though nothing has happened? Ask about the non-existing number? Move on? What should I do? Feel free to give feedback, rants....etc etc.

Cheers!
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 27, 2003
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
101
Location
Pimpsylvania
Originally posted by everblur
Hi all,

Newbie here and I need advice. Bit strange but I'll just share it. Recently met this girl at my uni whom I've had my eyes for the whole semester (3 months), yes that's wayyyyyy too long but anyways..... I finally got the guts to go up to her and made friends. She's been giving me good signs ever since like sitting next to me, studying together, getting on the same train etc.....she's been also giving looks in the past. Though I tried my best to keep our conversation and meetings short we kinda like bump into each quite often in the same day. I didn't get her number cos I wanna keep the suspense by asking her MSN (some of you may think this is lame) but she doesn't use it *bummer!*.

The following week, I asked her for her number and she gave it to me (she had to look in her diary cos she can't remember it :confused: ) and I waited 3 days to call her and to my surprise, the number is a disconnected number!!! Now I know she's been giving me good signs but is it possible for a girl to suddenly not like you and gave you a non-existing number to get rid of you? Or....knowing she's a bit blur and forgetful person, she could have given me a wrong number by accident.

Now that we are on a 2 months break, there's no way I can reach her as I don't know where she lives, I don't have her friends' contact and I'd have see her in the next semester. If she wants to get rid of me, she should realise I'll be seeing in the 2 months and what would she say when she meets me?

Should I just ignore her when I meet her? Just act as though nothing has happened? Ask about the non-existing number? Move on? What should I do? Feel free to give feedback, rants....etc etc.

Cheers!
Your looking into this waaay too much. Its quiet simple. She's not interested. I'd hope that after 2 more months you would be over it. You'd better be, otherwise your a low pro stocker.



PIMP
 

NRM

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 6, 2004
Messages
563
Reaction score
0
You were a friend, asking for a number. I don't see why she wouldn't give it to you. Now if you were making it clear that you were romantically interested, you'd either get shut down from the start or get shut down a lot earlier.

I'm saying move on, simply because in two months, you can meet tons of women and find more satisfaction. But if you're still interested in this girl, there's always the chance that she messed up, so leave a tab on her, but move on for now.

As for your whole being friends thing, stop that. It's not good for you. If you are interested in a girl romantically, act like it. Ask for her number, take her on a date, give her a kiss. If she is not interested and resists, she's not worth it, she never will be. Don't get suckered into being a girl's friend and then never getting what you really want. I think you much rather get rejected now than rejected after 4 months of being a girls friend and seeing her with some jackass who actually had the balls to make a move. It's your choice, but just be careful with what you do. If you like someone, then don't waste time showing them.
 

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2003
Messages
1,677
Reaction score
3
Age
44
Location
In the C-A-N-A-D-A-Eh!
I'll cut to the chase :

Go ƒind (mack, befriend or, preferably, ƒuck) ten other women and see how you feel about this one.

(sounds like shyt advice, but once you've gone and done that you'll realize the wisdom of these words)
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
When you see her don't mention anything about the number - if she asks (which I doubt) just act as if you misplaced it and lost it and had no way to contact her.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

everblur

New Member
Joined
May 14, 2004
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Thanks heaps for the advice guys. PuertoRican_Lover, I like your last advice ;) . That's if she ever ask......

Cheers!
 

Surfboard

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 30, 2000
Messages
498
Reaction score
1
Location
Surf City
everblur,

Help me out here and explain this to me.

Why do guys go for the phone number instead of just asking the girl out in person? I just can't seem to understand why this idea hasn't caught on here on this site!! :confused:

Here's my logic:

Now that we are on a 2 months break, there's no way I can reach her as I don't know where she lives, I don't have her friends' contact and I'd have see her in the next semester.
So now you're going to be thinking about this girl for the next 2 months wondering if she wants to go out with you. If you would've asked her out in person, then you'd have your answer. This is just on of many stories I've seen on this site and still you guys continue going about this the wrong way.

Someone please enlighten me!!!
 
Top