Story: Looks only get auditions but doesn't seal the deal

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So if you are not getting noticed then there is something wrong with how you carry yourself. Start with friends and other people you are comfortable with. Start carrying yourself in a manner that you dont give a sh*t about what people think or if people see it at all.

You are forcing it or depending on the outcome too much.

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Heres a lil update...this guy made it to the finals for this "manhunt" malemodel competition...so he's obviously a good looking lad. He would definitely get a sh*tload of auditions.

On his personality and attitude....absolutely sh*t...He is always jealous of me when lookswise I am waaaay below. I dont talk to him but he seems he wants to establish a rivalry/competition when it doesnt even call for one. He is jealous because I am very good friends with the gal he wants but she wouldnt put up with his blandness. Everyone of her friends swears by the "waste of good looks" he was blessed with because of his sh*t personality and ineptness.

If he wants to score image queens, shallow gals on the same wavelength as he is then im sure he'd be successful at it. But my female friend is more classier and educated and uncorrupted and wont have anything to do with him.

SonOfTheMostHigh

Don Juan
Reaction score
reallyfreakinlost said:
How can a guy who looks like this be socially inept? I've never met an athletic/buff guy who is anti-social, and the reason being that when someone is athletic, they are very driven, and this kind of personality is attractive to other people. Until you explain more about this guy, somehow the pieces of this puzzle don't fit, especially how good he looks but at the same time his personality that bad
The puzzle may be poor upbringing... but I seriously think that it's either:

-psychological issues
-Was once overweight
-Somethign else we don't know.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know about you but I'd love a super hot chick that would cook me noodles on command. lol. That would be perfect.

I don't know if it works both ways as you said. Why would I not want that?

Most chicks try treating you like sh!t.

She sounds the opposite of classy and educated and does sound like she'd like some guy to beat her just to give her life meaning.

Also not caring what people think still does not make people suddenly like you. If anything, they'll like you less because you won't watch yourself and be an ass or weird or something. They WILL remember you though.

Last edited:

Konjac

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh please, looks matter and that's a fact. It's in our nature to be attracted to beautiful things and persons (girls want "hot" guys etc). I've got a lot of good looking friends and when we're outside, in a mall or wherever, they get so many looks from girls you wouldn't believe me if I told you how much it was. This "looks only get auditions" line is crap. Looks not only get you an audition, which by the way often is SEVERAL weeks long, it gets you laid.
Good looking guys have it so much easier than other guys when dealing with girls, because no matter what kind of sh!t that comes out of their mouths, girls just stare, giggle, laugh, squirm etc etc. And oh, most good looking guys have great personalities, so lay off the bull****.
I've got to work three times as hard to get the same results as "hot" guys, often even more, when it comes to girls.

Analytic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Perhaps you are a little jealous of his look to make a thread like this? Honestly, am avarage in looks probably a lil below but I don't go around making threads that touch the same topic over and over again to justified that am not good looking so am gonna say its not a big deal.

The truth is IT IS a big deal, people seems to think being good looking is only on the outside. I don't know how good looking your friends are but the good looking people I know are cool, confidence and charming. Would you be shy if girls think you're hot? there are cases where a guy used to be ugly then become hot but those are exceptional cases so this thread only speak to those circumstances.

This kind of thinking is the same as people creating stores and clothes for fat people. Rather then improving your looks, you're trying to justified your personality vs your look.

Trapper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you are %100 right.. u know why? as long as you are a true DJ, he is gonna be jealous.. coz you are doing good job...since i joined this community, all the guys are getting double jealous of me... thanks sosuave.net

"if you think sex is a pain in the ass, you're doing it wrong"
"im the guy your parents warned you about"
"There are 2 ways to argue with woman. Neither one works."

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont know why some of u guys think my friend is really f*cked up...I've set her up with close, cool friends of mine...if one treats her one bit wrong the she cuts them off...OK he did get her attention but she got sick of him cos he was clingy, boring an insecure. she was lookin for a guy who is fun, spontaneous, secure and respects her close relationship with guy friends (platonic)

One point im trying to make is that for guys who get depressed about looks theres always a lot of options...thats the important part of this thread

Why would i be making a thread because im jealous....think about it...im good friends wit tons of people... he doesnt. he just relies on looks for ppl to come up to him and do everything for him...he is startin a beef with me which is stupid because im only a small guy and younger than him....he is 6'4 or sumtin and im only 5'6 he is really buff...better lookin...so why start **** with someone smaller and has lesser looks...only an insecure guy would do that

lurker

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
some good looking guys are shy. like my friend he got picked on for his looks and was called ugly by guys whose girlfriends liked him that when he grew till his late teens he still thought he was ugly. not all good looking guys get the girls. but he's bouncing on back now.

Borgon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I am going to admit that i may be one of those good looking hispanic/black. How can people with good looks but with quite laid back personalities deal with this? So far me and my neighbor been charging with high success, met up with like 4 sets within 2 weeks and played spades with them etc. But through the evenin or the games, i was too laid back and quite. I talked and vibed but i really felt indifferent about the gurls, i wasnt like a freak or anything but i was the quite one. Ived stopped jacking off also to make me more active.

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This dude I'm talking about thinks that only his looks and peacocking alone would reap him all the rewards. Like a riced-up, flash painted car with spoilers he realises theres no engine and can't get anywhere in life.

Looks is a great deal....BUT I'm talking about cultivating what you have been blessed with no matter what. I used to look like those generic lil asian kids on pianos or maths quizzes. Skinny as a hairless chimp, mushroom cut hair, no strength or bulk, never smiled. Thats all changed now because I've improved and cultivated my looks to my reasonable ability.

Looks are important...If you are a fun-loving, confident, suave DJ like you are, then all your traits are associated to your looks...People see your face and think....hmmm thats the guy who is fun, sexy, attractive, high status etc...If your are a hot looking guy but have a personality of a rock and as secure as a candle in the wind, people see your face and think...f*ck that he's no good to me after they've found out you have no other good traits apart from just the superficial sh*t.

Im sure you have seen like the below-average guys who a lot of girls absolutely love, they get mad social proof and its just to easy to ride on after that.

In my opinion both looks and game go in together...but game is more important in all aspects.

Delta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think the original poster's point is extremely valid.

it gets you in the door. but you have to have other things than your looks if you're a guy... heck, even if you're a woman - although a guy would tolerate a hot idiot for a lot longer i would wager.

but it is somewhat of a mystery why the guy is the way he is. usually, someone who looks like that and is used to being treated well does NOT possess traits like the ones described. such traits don't come from nowhere.

as someone else ventured, yes, perhaps he was fat or wasn't always so attractive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

it's true that looks aren't everything. but at the same time, you can be a good guy but if you don't have a look that immediately grabs women, that's a pretty rough life too.

or put it another way:

YOU HAVE TO GET AN AUDITION TO GET A GIG!

if you don't get an audition, it doesn't matter how talented you are, you're still not going to get to play.

delta

Rudy_TubeSteak

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
yup that is so tru...YOU HAVE TO GET AN AUDITION BEFORE YOU GET ANYWHERE!!!

The question is, are looks the only way you can get an attention?

Think about it.

You can get a whole group of people laughing or vying for your attention, social proof, being indifferent, being seen with fun people or hot girls. You can get your audition through performing any kind of sports or activity (sportmens or actors) There are so many ways and theres always people looking around very curious.

If a sports talent scout is looking for new talent he would have to see that athlete perform rather than see his big muscles or bragging about how good he is. However, the talent scout will also check out the athlete if he looks capable of big games AND then maybe he would put more effort assessing him