Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

stopping smoking weed

DJCorleone

Don Juan
Reaction score
i have decided to quit smoking weed altogether. I started about 2 years ago, and my usage steadily grew to the point where i've been stoned pretty much all day, most days for the past year.

im stopping cold turkey as i dont want to smoke my life and money away, anyone else with any experiences like this? im gonna use the money for a gym membership, and to take up some classes (such as dance) as recommended on this site.

djc

Rhoto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJCorleone said:
i have decided to quit smoking weed altogether. I started about 2 years ago, and my usage steadily grew to the point where i've been stoned pretty much all day, most days for the past year.

im stopping cold turkey as i dont want to smoke my life and money away, anyone else with any experiences like this? im gonna use the money for a gym membership, and to take up some classes (such as dance) as recommended on this site.

djc
Yes.

Expect to become irritable.

Expect to have a lot of excess energy (than you're used to)

Weed is psychologically addictive, so whatever you used to do while blazed will seem alien with out it. Don't succumb.

Your taste for food and emotions won't seem as intense, but remember, not being high is MUCH better than being high. That's probably the key to this - enjoy your life to the point where IT gets you high, not the THC.

The first few weeks were the toughest for me. I called my source and would ask for a sack, only to call ten minutes back to cancel. I asked him to stop taking my calls, and he being a friend of mine, understood.

I would recommend a martial art over dancing personally. I've been doing Krav Maga, and more recently Jeet Kune Do. Nothing against dancing, if that's what you want to do - go for it. I'm a naturally good dancer. :up:

I used to spend about 100 a month on weed, 50 now to Dojo fee and the other 50 into my retirement account. Find something constructive to do with your money.

Any ways man, all the best. If you feel yourself feeling weak, hit me a PM.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I like to get skint back, but I also "know the consequences" I guess you could say. I don't let it run my life at all. I don't show up to public places stoned or anything.

My suggestion is to leave the stuff at home and only smoke it there, when you have nothing else to do, that way it won't affect your life, per se.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed about the irritability. Remember when you want to kill everyone that it is only the chemicals in your brain that are making you feel that way.

The hardest time will be sitting at home with nothing to do. Quitting is a lot easier if you place yourself in an environment that is different from the one in which you were stoned all the time.

Also agreed that you will have a lot of energy, sometimes too much. It can feel like your mind is a passenger in a car that is driving a little too fast. At least your house will be clean, and you will have all your sh!t together.

And if you ever do fall off the wagon, at least you will get really fvcking high, like normal people do who don't smoke every day.

Cableguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't forget to sell your bowls, bongs, etc. Things that would enable you. You must get out of the house and stay busy! Idle hands are the devil's workshop. Joining a gym would be a great idea. Learning Krav Maga would be kick ass.

I.A.F.Y.B.

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I quit smoking weed for one year. I recently just kinda got back in to it. But, I'm trying to limit it to the weekends.

For not being high for one year. Your just more awake and aware. It actually feels better. You will know the difference after awhile.

I went from smoking for 5 years straight to stopping all at once. After a week you dont crave doing it anymore. Unless, you put yourself around people who do it. Best thing to do is just say no and stay positive.

Another time I quit.. I started drinking to get over smoking weed. You dont wanna start up another addiction to quit one.

Like other guys said. Get hobbies to keep you busy.

magickarl

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
All the irritability and stuff is true, but it kind of gets embellished.

Quitting smoking weed really isn't all that bad. I've had to quit before for probation, jobs, to conserve money, ect. I smoke now and then these days, but I've really cut back.

I've been smoking for almost 7 years now.

Expect to have a rough day or two after you first quit, then after a week or so you might get irritated now and again but pretty soon you won't even notice it anymore.

The hardest part is being around friends who smoke that are always trying to get you to take one last hit with the boys -- Every day.

You were on point by picking up some hobbies. Getting a gym membership is a good idea anyway. Try to get out there and make friends with peeps who don't smoke - hang out with them and go try new things, who knows - you may even meet a few cute girls.

Good luck man

Jaggs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting to sleep can be really hard for the first few days if you are used to smoking before bed as well. I pretty much lay awake till 4-5 AM when I stopped every day use.

Get some new mates. Most likely they are all full on deadhead stoners too. These people are NOT good to hang out with most the time (There are some good people in the crowd - just like every group) BUT usually they are just lazy stoners who cant see out of their own limited perspective on Mary Jane. I realized how boring and unfulfilling my stoner friends were after I quit. They will try and drag you back down to their level all the time; because they fear life without weed and are wondering how you are stopping. This is of course if you have full on stoner mates, if not, doesn't matter.

Being clear headed and aware is like a high in itself, enjoy it.