Stop the SLOGAN CHANTING!

Slickster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do agreee that there are a lot of repetitive posts.

BUT....

There are new people here all the time and they have all the right to post whatever they want.

It seems that the complaints about repetitive posting always come from guys with a ton of posts (ie. 2143)

So here's my question to all the complainers....

Why don't you post something thats F*CKING interesting then?:)

Quit whining about it.

Kwah

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This coming from the guy whos made 200+ posts inside 2 months.

The reason we're pissed is because most of this stuff is in the Bible if people take the time to think about it for a second. And if your half way intelligent you will look through previous posts to see iif your question has already been answered.

simplyme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of the time you see easily, who has an idea about what he posts and who doesn´t.
Grammar and language skills do not measure intelligence. I know some extremely intelligent people, who do not know one single English word.

Ubermensch

Don Juan
Reaction score
Detroit: home of the finest ruins this side of Rom
Another slogan ...

"Read the Bible"

Don't get me wrong, the DJ Bible is full of good tips, but it's so long and non-linear that "read the bible" is often impractical advice if one needs *specific*, targeted advice, or is just too damn close to a situation to see the forest for the trees.

To me, the best service we provide to each other is the well-targeted boot in the ass, or a bit or pep talk when someone hits a dry spell, which happens to everyone who's on the learning curve.

Once I tried to "walk a mile in a newbie's moccasins" by finding the definition to some commonly used term ("AFC," "kino," or some such, I forget which) by reading the DJ Bible, as someone had advised a newbie in a post, and could not find it after a good half hour or more of searching. It was certainly not a waste of time, because of the quality of the articles, but I still didn't find the definition!

It can also use a *glossary* of the jargon, or at least a link to the glossary on the ASF site.