Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stop looking for simple explanations

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At the risk of making an esoteric post, I think that this a key issue that stands in the way of self-improvement for many here. And, in fairness, not just here, as what I am describing is a common human trait. People want to discover an epiphany. They want a simple explanation for whatever challenge they are facing (i.e. lack of success with women). And this desire for simplicity leads to black and white thinking and, ultimately, erroneous assumptions and incorrect conclusions.

Black and white thinking manifests itself in SS posters often reaching wildly different and contradictory conclusions on even the most fundamental topics. You will hear some say that looks don't matter and that game trumps all. Others will say that unless you are 6 ft+ Chad, "it's over". Some will claim that modern women are useless and spoiled. Other say that there is a crisis of masculinity and that men have become too beta. Some say that attractive women only care about money. Others will point out examples of billionaires whose wives or girlfriends are so unattractive that even an average incel would not touch them with somebody else's ten foot pole. Etc, etc.

In reality, all of the above is true...to some extent. And that is the key. Contradictory truths can coexist. Human beings are complex and not entirely rational, and so are their motivations and behaviours. You have to accept the fact that there are no simple answers to complicated questions. If you are struggling with women and don't understand why, it is unlikely that you're going to one day have sudden a revelation that would magically put everything in clear focus. Rather, you will have to learn by osmosis and rely on life experience to intuitively figure out what work and what doesn't.

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Bokanovsky,"... Contradictory truths can coexist. Human beings are complex and not entirely rational, and so are their motivations and behaviours. You have to accept the fact that there are no simple answers to complicated questions"Soo True!

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Rather, you will have to learn by osmosis and rely on life experience to intuitively figure out what work and what doesn't.
Others have life experiences that they choose to share here, of course exceptions to rules always exist though.

I'm constantly applying what i learn from here into my own game. I'm able to adapt and form my own unique style and i think that's what works best

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed. A lot of people think the data here is dogma. It's not, it's data. But people get invested in this "truth" or that and stick to it religiously. It's happened even with influential writers like Pook or Rollo.

Life is situational. Ingest and learn from the data, but read the situation and make your best move.

Smok1nAce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People get emotional and caught in the middle of things, politics, race, sexes, ect. and want an answer. Its easy when things are good vs. bad it doesn't require a lot of thinking. Its simple and makes things a yes or no.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been a long time since I'm single so as usual your mileage may vary. One thing that helped me was standardizing. All the little things that go into the dating dance I had one default way for asking for the phone number getting the date organising the date etc. Had a couple of places that was my go to. And that's just based on female nature being pretty random. If you remove the emotion run it as a process and generate volume the dating process becomes simple and doesn't take up much headspace. Sure I would change it up once in a while for a girl I really liked or to amuse myself but having that one default way keep it what it should be an entertaining aspect of life. Add spinning plates and your good to go.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you will have to learn by osmosis and rely on life experience to intuitively figure out what work and what doesn't.
This is what I was doing when I was a young guy, long before the internet and PUA gurus. I felt a bit like a ping pong ball, I remember thinking "I was too eager with that one", so I adjusted, then "I wasn't invested enough with that one". That's what they call finding calibration. You don't need a red pill for that.

Funny thing is, it might be one sticking point for one guy, and for another guy it might be 20% this, 20% that, 30% something else, 10% this, etc. I've never cared for the one size fit all advice, we all have different issues.