Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

stop eating sugar

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
from an alcoholic mom to sugar.
well anyway i just went about a week without eating hardly any sugar. im sure i cut it down to about 10 percent of what i usually eat or less. i had more energy and i lost some fat on my stomach. this was in less than a week that i lost this fat. i was at a mini boot camp thing for rotc and they pretty much regulated what we ate. i dont drink coke ( in the south thats any carbonation) i havent in three years and i think thats part of the reason why i keep my mass for so long. i can go for a summer of doing no physical activity and after aweek of working out im almost back to where i was when i stopped. so try and cut back your sugar as much as you can, refined sugar, for a week and see how you fee.

Reto

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How did you feel when you cut the sugar?

I know when I cut my carbs, I ger real irritable for a few days until my body adjusts...

topdog3853

Don Juan
Reaction score
I cut out sugar and feel pretty good. For me I'm addicted to caffine. But I dont' think sugar is addictive like caffine. With sugar I dont' have that downer after a sugar rush. Please it is key for dropping weight if you are pretty big. Its amazing what drinking diet soda and coffee with no sugar will do for ya.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how addicted people are to sugar, without even realizing it.

Cut out anything containing sugar, and see how bad the cravings get after a few days.

It's very easy to gain and maintain muscle, when you avoid sugar. The insulin rushes to the blood stream are kept minimal, so you achieve maximum gains.

The Bad Ass Canadian

D'Anconia

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just remember that there is one time when you want to maximize the insulin rush, the post-workout window. Dextrose and maltodextrin are ideal. Insulin is necessary for shuttling amino acids into the muscle cells. Ever wonder why pro bb'ers use synthetic insulin? To maximize amino acid uptake. That's also why a lot of them are diabetics now. My personal philosophy on this is to cut out common table sugar completely. I use dextrose and maltodextrin in my post work-out shake. Other than that, the only sugar I take in is from the 2 servings of milk per day, and maybe a piece or two of fruit. The rest of my carbs are of the unrefined complex variety, ie. oatmeal, whole wheat bread, potatoes, brown rice. It's amazing the changes you'll see with yourself once you cut out table sugar and refined carb products.

Lt dan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ive always heard natural sugar from fruits is good for you, refined sugar is a poison. i felt great after cutting sugar. my history teacher who is a doctor( not really sure why hes a high school history teacher) would always say dont eat that candy it will make you tired. sugar gives you energy because your body doesnt know how to react to it. or something like that.

xyzzy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I happened to catch "Hollywood Squares" on the Game Show Network, and Peter Marshall asked "Scientists say its the worse thing you can put in your diet", something along those lines. The answer was table sugar.

Not that I get all my scientific research from game shows, but hell, they even knew that sugar was evil in the '70's.

---------------------------------------
"First you get the sugar, then you get the power, then you get the women" - Homer Simpson

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's amazing the changes you'll see with yourself once you cut out table sugar and refined carb
Yeah, absolutely.

I know that insulin is used post workout by many big lifters...but as you said they are all diabetic now.

Sugar in fruits and vegetables are good.

It's the refined carbs, and table sugar that'll get you.

The Bad Ass Canadian