Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Stirring the pot: is sexual exclusivity necessarily a good thing in a LTR?

Is sexual exclusivity necessarily good for long-term relationships?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • depends upon the peopl involved

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • depends upon the circumstances

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • depends upon many factors

• No

• Other

• Total voters

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The_Reaper's thread about being burned by a long-distance relationship (http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125854) got me thinking about whether or not sexual exclusivity really serves people well in a relationship. I'm not necessarily referring to Bacchanalian orgies, but having occasional activity on the side, using the safest practices.

Anyone who's been around the block a few times knows that anybody is attracted to many other people.

I have a number of theories about this, but have some work to get back to now that I'm done eating.

What are your thoughts on the subject?

Dark Chivalry

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are banging others, then why call it a relationship? I prefer keeping things vague to avoid assumptions.

The_Reaper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi there.... I wonder what thread you could mean...

The reason that female infidelity is so frowned upon is not an arbitrary social double standard; it stems from evolutionary psychology: she may become pregnant with another man's child and you may waste your resources and investment on someone else's genetic material.

So, NO. Sexual infidelity is not desireable. It's part of our moral code and we must adhere to it if we expect our partner to also stick with it.