"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Steps to becoming a successful DJ

Pugsley_f5

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 4, 2004
Messages
373
Reaction score
2
Hey guys, I was just reading the book Failing Forward by John Maxwell and I had an epiphany of sorts when I read it that made soo much sense in the DJ world I think it is the key many of you have been looking for.

There are 5 evolutions (steps, phases, stages whichever one fits) to becoming successful at anything before one reaches the DJ "Master" level. I will diagram these the best that I can.
DJ Master
-------------------
Successful DJ
----------------------------------
You are a fool
-------------------------------------------------
Look like a fool
-----------------------------------------------------------
Afriad of being a fool
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------




FIRST LEVEL: Afraid of being a fool : You all know that stupid AFC fear of looking stupid.....I'll give you a clue too many guys in here are trying to be Undercover DJ's and not make your intentions when you talk to a girl obvious.

SECOND LEVEL: Looking like a fool: You actually suck it up and do it and look like a fool, yes it still bruises your ego each rejection you get but you still put your neck out in the line of fire.

THIRD LEVEL: You are a fool: At this stage you are a fool or act like one and frankly you could care less you do what you want and don't care what anyone else thinks.

FOURTH LEVEL: A Successful DJ: At this point your a successful DJ, you still get counsel from fellow DJ's and still get stumped from time to time, you aren't bullet-proof but you're d*mn good.

FIFTH LEVEL: DJ Master: Self Explanatory



Seeing this fellas was like a smack in the face for me......I have been DJing for a while now and after 1.5 years reading and studying and applying some, I realized that I have gone to the 2nd tier but I have came right back down to the first and in terms of success I was still nowhere and still a Newbie........


Some of you guys in here need to stop being Undercover DJ's. And you need to look at that diagram and see what level you are on right now, see what level is to come next and take the appropriate steps to get there and quit being stagnant.


You're either ripe and rotting or green and growing!!

I hope this was as much of a help or a wakeup call for you all as it was for me!!!


Pugs
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top